Phantis Forums

Round 27: PAOK - Panathinaikos

Ziaka

On Sunday at 19:00 GR, Panathinaikos comes to Toumba Stadium looking for a win in order to keep its hold on 1st place. Very hard game for PAOK following the rezili against Iraklis. However lets remember that before defeated Olympiakos in Athens, we also had a poor result against Kastoria. After the bad showing PAOK will come out to prove that the trashing by Iraklis was just a fluke.

My prediction for the game is a tie or a 1-0 win for PAOK in front of full Toumba.

I think this will be played out to a draw.

PAO know that any loss at this point will be detrimental to their campaign for the championship. Obviously they're going to go for the win but in front of a packed house in Toumba, I can't see it happening.

Like Ziaka said in the previous post, PAOK definately have something to prove after that brutal loss to Iraklis. They are going to come out with a fury.

As a paok fan I would love to give the game to Pao so that they can win the championship, resons

1. I hate the gayroi

2. Pao this season are the true leaders of the league as osfp pull off some doggey game with Xanthi and aigaleo maybe they should be 3rd and paok 2nd but thats another issue.

3. A taste of there own to see how it hurts when clubs bend over for osfp ie all the bunny clubs in athens always give it up for them!

But I'am no fan of PAO so to be honest to Pao and Olybiacos we should try our best and go hard for the win

P.S maybe they should play the game with No fans thats they way the gavroi beats us this season their should be a equal playing field for all

I want PAOK players to go out and give their all to win this game. As a PAOK fan I don't care if PAO or Olympiakos wins the title. It makes no difference to me. All I want is for PAOK to try its best for the win and the others say whatever they want.

There are all kind of suggestions made by gavro & vazelo interests ahead of the game. Gavri are claiming that PAOK will give the game to PAO and so on. Even theio Sokratis came out yesterday and made comments about the upcoming game in Toumba.

25,200 tickets went on sale today, including for gates 1,2, & 3, which are under construction.

As for injuries, Spasic seems to be ready for the game, as is Udese. Today at practice Ilias Atmatsidis was injured, and will miss the game. PAOK will go into the game with Tochoroglou as the starting goalie, while Lambakis will be the back-up. It appears that karadimos will miss the game.

Because PAOK finds itself in the middle of the continuous media war waged by the two title contenders who could not settle their score last Sunday, and because PAOK is being dragged through the mud by the likes of Tsoukalas, etc., here is a press relese by PAOK's "Ditikes Sinikies" ahead of the PAOK - PAO game.

The game with Panathinaikos will be the last game for PAOK at Toumba this season. Toumba will close down after the game, so the work, which is part of Athens 2004 Olympics construction can be completed.

PAOK will play it's last home game this season in a stadium that will be selected soon. Best chances are that the Chalkidona game will be played in Kozani or Katerini.

Here are the recent PAOK - PAO league games at Toumba. As you can see, when PAOK is being coached by Anastasiadis against Panathinaikos, PAOK is unbeaten.

1995-96: PAOK - Panathinaikos 0-1

1996-97: PAOK - Panathinaikos 1-0 (Anastasiadis PAOK coach)

1997-98: PAOK - Panathinaikos 2-1 (Anastasiadis PAOK coach)

1998-99: PAOK - Panathinaikos 2-1 (Anastasiadis PAOK coach)

1999-00: PAOK - Panathinaikos 1-3

2000-01: PAOK - Panathinaikos 2-2

2001-02: PAOK - Panathinaikos 2-2

2002-03: PAOK - Panathinaikos 4-1 (Anastasiadis PAOK coach)

2003-04: PAOK - Panathinaikos ?-?

Bravo to PAOK they played a great game and almost cost us the championship. They played with heart and i will be rooting for them in next years Champions League to help make up for the upcoming disgraces thrynos has in store this upcoming year.

Archived