Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2015-2016)

Blackhawk

The ironic thing is Korovesis was the "main" signing we were after at the time to help out with the LB position. Charisis was thrown in as part of the transfer afterwards. I don't like the chances of Korovesis getting playing time and I think his best bet is a loan. Right now, Tudor seems to favour Leovac, Kitsiou, Rodrigues, Mak in front of him. And there's always Travellas as well.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berbatov will be out of action for 2 weeks following his injury in yesterdays game. He will miss the following games: Panthrakikos (cup), Tripoli (SL), Krasnodar (EL), Panthrakikos (SL). He should be ready to play on November 22 against Panaitolikos. It is also helpful that there is a one week break for national team games during this time frame.

• 2 weeks later...

According to some reports The relationship between Tudor and Arnesen isn't good right now.  Tudor feels like Arnesen loaded him up with duds...not sure how much I believe this, considering Arnesen is the one who chose Tudor to coach over a semi-bigger name.  

Also, according to the front page MetroSport, Arnesen in on the hunt for 4 players to take a role in the starting 11 ASAP. A goalkeeper, a CB, a midfielder and another player on offense. 

Kakos will take the position that was held by Pantelis Konstantinidis, which was General Team Manager.

Well, this is a case of life being stranger than fiction.  Who would have thunk it.  What exactly does the General Team Manager do ?  I wonder what Savvidis motivation for signing him was ?

According to some reports The relationship between Tudor and Arnesen isn't good right now.  Tudor feels like Arnesen loaded him up with duds...not sure how much I believe this, considering Arnesen is the one who chose Tudor to coach over a semi-bigger name.  

Also, according to the front page MetroSport, Arnesen in on the hunt for 4 players to take a role in the starting 11 ASAP. A goalkeeper, a CB, a midfielder and another player on offense. 

We definitely need a CB or even two.  I think Arnesen knew this but didn't have the time in the transfer period to get the player he wanted.  I suppose he thought he'd rather stick with what he has.  After all how bad could the current defense be ? ;)

When Arnesen started, the number one priority was qualifying for the EL Group Stages.  We had just come off an abysmal end of the year where we got smashed in the play-offs, confidence was ludicrously low, and there was serious concerns we wouldn't be able to get through the 3 qualifying rounds.  I think this led to the whole transfer period being a bit random.

All things considered, it was a decent transfer period, but it's still too early to judge some players.  Some worked (Rodrigues), others didn't (Olsen, Sabo) and others are yet to be determined (Leovac, Cimirot, Jairo).  Charisis is looking good.  Where is Mystakidis ?  And I think Golasa should be replaced.  He's ok, but just ok.

I like Golasa, and I think he fits in with the style Tudor wants to play. Mistakidis is currently injured, but I think it's a ###### shame that he hasn't been getting time - especially when Pelkas sits out.

It was either Rapto or Kokkinos, but they said that THEY heard from another source in the business.  He said-She said.... 

I would not trust anything the clown Raptopoulos and his puppet Kokkinos are saying. The others (Kolkas/Tzorbatzoglou, etc.) will twist the truth to fit their agenda.

We?re quite good in the offense but we really need some new defenders and a goalkeeper. I just hope that Savvidis and the board don?t go for "quick-fixes" like 35 year old players that were good ages ago... 

btw; Me and some others dudes run a page with articles about PAOK in Swedish so if any Scandinavian is interested just click the link :)

http://www.svenskafans.com/europa/paok/

(Just came across this site/forum today; if it's prohibited to paste links into the forum I'll just delete the post)