Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2016-2017)

Dutch Eagle

Exactly. He had to do it before the game with Schalke. If he played awful (which is just what happened) people could say 'Oh well at least he refused to accept a part of salary'. If he played well then people would say 'He is back in form AND gifted some of his salary. He is PAOK to the core'.

Thankfully not all of us are sheep. Please find another team in the summer and while you are at it guys in the scouting dept., please find us another striker.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campos has reached four yellows and will miss one of our next four games (AEK, Panionios, AEL, Atromitos). Thankfully we have all of our wingers back in action so we should be fine in coverage.

Of greater concern is that Varela, Crespo, and Malezas are all on three yellows. We might be seeing a pretty different team vs Larissa.

Galatasaray has not paid the amounts that were agreed for the transfer of Garry Mendes Rodrigues. If we don't get some deposits by tomorrow evening than PAOK will go to FIFA.

Personally I think that transfers can be only completed if the buyer pays the full 100%. There have been numerous of occasions that the selling club do not get any money, in the meantime do not get any points, miss European football, while on the other hand the freeriders collect points and qualify easy for next years EL or even CL.

FIFA needs to act and ban this kind of clubs.

Edited by Dutch Eagle

I almost laugh at how transfers are done.  You hand a player over without payment ?!?!  Really ?!?!  Man, I'd love to do business with these guys.  Wink wink, sure champ, hand over ownership to me and I'll pay you ... when I get around to it.  Kind of busy now, see ya!

In a way, I hope Galatasaray doesn't give us any money and keeps dicking us around.  That will hopefully teach Savvidis to stop these kind of "transfers".  No money no honey.  Proof of funds mofo, otherwise go to the two dollar shop.

No 50%, 10%, 25%, 100% now.  When the money is in the account, you can then sign the player over.

If anything, the entire transfer with Rodrigues should've been nipped in the bud right at the beginning, with a press release from PAOK saying Galatasaray would like to buy the player, but unfortunately they are having financial issues and can't afford the player.  Should've mocked them.  Instead they are mocking us.

• Like it 2

He's already in surgery. Will likely be back for playoffs, recovery might be 6 weeks.

Will miss his first NT callup due to this, though. That must be frustrating.

-Edited due to better info-

Edited by pash

18 hours ago, Bananas said:

In a way, I hope Galatasaray doesn't give us any money and keeps dicking us around.  That will hopefully teach Savvidis to stop these kind of "transfers".  No money no honey.  Proof of funds mofo, otherwise go to the two dollar shop.

I am afraid things in business world don't work this way. I am pretty sure we do the same when we buy players from other teams. We don't pay the full amount up front. In the end we will get our money, and possibly get Gala in a lot of trouble as far as European competitions is concerned  in the process.

1 hour ago, pash said:

He's already in surgery. Will likely be back for playoffs, recovery might be 6 weeks.

I am pretty sure that he will miss the rest of the season. It takes 6 weeks just to heal. During that time he can't take part in any physical exercise. This means that after the 6 months he will be completely out of playing shape. It might take few weeks to get in shape. By that time the season will be over. I think it might be better to have the injury completely heal and be ready for the upcoming season. 

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I am afraid things in business world don't work this way. I am pretty sure we do the same when we buy players from other teams. We don't pay the full amount up front. In the end we will get our money, and possibly get Gala in a lot of trouble as far as European competitions is concerned  in the process.

Yes I know we are just as guilty in the past.  It still doesn't justify the transfer of Rodrigues.  A 5 minute google search would've told the club Galatasaray were already having financial problems.  Obviously the club knew this but did it anyway.  What is the procedure now ?  How long does Galatasaray have to pay ?

8 hours ago, pash said:

Looks like collarbone. Hopefully not a break. Big blow if true.

Seems Klaus' pilgrimage to Crete has paid off.

Terrible news.  We finally looked like having a half decent striker and now he's likely out for the season.  I would like to know what gods Klaus made a sacrifice to.  Looks like a Klaus/Koulouris combo for the rest of the season.  The opposition are quaking in their boots.

Really hope the injury isnt connected to his previous one. If its the same shoulder it could mean problems for him and us. Hopefully he recovers fully and there is no further issues but I have a bad feeling he is going to have issues with it. The fall didnt even look bad, he must just have landed awkwardly on it

It's also a blow to our season, I can't see Klaus or Kolouri providing the goals we need to make the cup final and win the playoffs. I more than happy to be proven wrong though