Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2018-2019)

Yup.

As far as the cost is concerned - not sure how the summer signings were covered by Prijo's sale as they happened six months before? Long story short, Savvidis seems to like spending his money. Also wouldn't be surprised if we make a few sales this summer as well.

Didn't realize Staf would be a free agent, but as he's recently back in Augsburg's good graces, he may find himself with a better offer this summer. We'll see how it plays out, but personally I think he'd be a great (re)signing.

Vieirinha is huge but we have the firepower to smack down any team in the league, including in the cup final. Assuming we make it that far, in four games we'll be done and summer can begin. It's been a loooong season.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, I meant to say winter signings were paid for by sale of Prijo.  I just think it’s a bit of a stretch to think Savvidis will spend the 10 or 15 million required to get the sort of players that are being mentioned.  As always, I’ll be more than happy to eat some humble pie.

I’m sure Manolo is already working out how AEK can expose that LB position in the final and Lucescu will be wondering whether he plays Giannoulis or Crespo in that position.

Guess it depends on how Lucescu wants to handle the match. Was it someone in this forum that was saying Giannoulis' biggest weakness is his defensive issues? If it's that big of a problem, then we could see Crespo there...I actually think Ingason won't have a problem being thrown in. Maybe it's just me, though, but it looks like Crespo doesn't have the speed he used to - is it worthwhile to lose out on that offensive capability for a game where we want to score? Personally, I'd keep the young guy in.

Getting this ready for you:

EAT-YO-PIE.jpg

• Like it 1
  • Haha 1

Vieirinha will lose 8 months. That means he will be available for the second half of the next season (November/December return). And even then he will not be the same player he used to be. I expect that to be his last season with PAOK as a player.

This drastically changes the next season transfer strategy.

Με τέτοιον τραυματισμό στα 33,5 ποιος ξέρει τι μπορεί να γίνει. Η λογική λέει ότι ίσως δεν ξαναπαίξει ποτέ στο επίπεδο που ήταν φέτος. Πολύ κρίμα. Τον ματιάξανε τον άνθρωπο. Τεράστια απώλεια.

Και για μένα ο Γιαννούλης δεν μπορεί να σηκώσει την ευθύνη του αριστερού μπακ. Στον Ατρόμητο μπορεί να ήταν καλός, αλλά όσο τον έχω δει με τη φανέλα του ΠΑΟΚ είναι αρκετά μέτριος. Σίγουρα όχι ο παίκτης να μας πάει Τσάμπιονς Λιγκ. Πρέπει να πάρουμε οπωσδήποτε αριστερό μπακ τούμπανο.

Agree Yianko.  We need a higher quality LB.  The other thing about Vieirinha is that he could also play RB just as well (and both flanks and I think he could even play as a 10).  So in the one player you had a RB/LB.  Matos injured ?  No problem, play Vieirinha there.  The current backup to Matos is Lyratzis I believe so all of a sudden our defence which has been our rock this season is looking a little thin in terms of quality depth.

Nice pic pash.  Is that your maid ?  And what the hell sort of pie is that ?  Doesn’t look appetising.

Gotta eat yo sh1t pie, baby

We'll be fine. No player is irreplaceable. The fact of the matter is, every player we have will always be disliked by people on forums; it's literally why we exist.

I actually think Vieirinha is irreplaceable in that I don’t think we can find another player with his skill set.  Doesn’t mean we’re gonna fall apart but his drive on the pitch is something else.  I wouldn’t mind signing a young gun in the mould of Jaba/Akpom for that LB position.

Start cooking that pie biatch.  Then again, maybe not.  I just got a disturbing image in my head.

Yes. Tsamouris. The man who gave us the title by not giving a penalty for Lamia after Vieirinha thought he was part of our volleybal-team. And the same man that not give a red card to Barrales after almost splitting Paschalakis in two pieces.