Phantis Forums

Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Greece (9 June 2017- World Cup Qualifier- Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

Big result from us.  Greece mostly contained them.  A couple scattered chances.  

Truth is the Mantalos miss and the cross from Mitro to I'm not sure who were the biggest chances!  Could have walked away with the 3 points here real shame...

Really upsetting that we couldn't get a classic 1-0 win from this game, but the result we got was still a good one. Now all we have to do is execute and beat Cyprus, Estonia, and Gibraltar. Bosnia will no doubt beat these teams too and it'll come down to their game vs Belgium. If they manage a tie and we lose to Belgium, it'll come down to goal differential which is close as of now, but that doesn't mean much considering there is still plenty of football to be played. If both us and Bosnia beat the 3 teams and lose to Belgium, we go through, likewise if we win the 3 and both tie Belgium we advance. The only circumstances where we don't advance is either we drop points against the weaker teams, Bosnia beats Belgium and we lose or tie, or Bosnia ties Belgium and we lose to them (depends on goal differential). Overall that is not bad. If you told me this would be our scenario last year, I wouldn't believe you, but the team is showing fight and seems to have a path to the world cup that is getting clearer and clearer as we progress. 

Zeca was superb. Best CM display by a Greek player in a while. Mantalos and baksetas offer almost zero threat. Back line was solid. Stafylidis is way better than tzavellas. Good away performance all things considered and hopefully we will be able to grab some points vs Belgium at home 

• Like it 1

So to sum up guys, ref was criminal for us, one of the dirtiest games I have seen. Greece has the one point advantage and Belgium is first for sure. It all depends now on Greece Belgium and Bosnia Belgium. Either way good luck ! :) 

1 minute ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Can fifa punish this pointwise or becuase the game was over no way?

Usually the most they would do is force the Bosnians to play their next home game behind closed doors.

1 minute ago, nick said:

Zeca was superb. Best CM display by a Greek player in a while. Mantalos and baksetas offer almost zero threat. Back line was solid. Stafylidis is way better than tzavellas. Good away performance all things considered and hopefully we will be able to grab some points vs Belgium at home 

Completely agree about Zeca and Staf.  

Staf has really turned himself into an impressive player.  Dominant really on the left side.  

Zeca impressed.  Full of energy and good decision making.  Back line was solid.  Mantalos looked disinterested from first kick of the ball.  Talented player but only suited for central role.  Fortounis also did not impress at all.  Mitro made good touches with his limited action.  

Just now, E-M-I-R said:

So to sum up guys, ref was criminal for us, one of the dirtiest games I have seen. Greece has the one point advantage and Belgium is first for sure. It all depends now on Greece Belgium and Bosnia Belgium. Either way good luck ! :) 

Stop crying already. Calling the modern era's Kolina a bad referee is a disgrace to yourself. Only the best coaches attend finals and Riccioli has attended in the last 3-4 years WC final, Champions League final. Just because the bosnian broadcaster said he gave us a hand doesnt mean it is true. 

@J1078 I think it was him who said that if we take result you ll start crying and if you guys win you ll spam the forum. And you said no im not like that. Seriously stop ridiculing yourself and the bosnian fans and leave this forum until the next matchdays.

Unbelievable. Mantalos misses right in front. I didn't expect that from him. His was worse than Fortounis. That was a nice cross from Mitroglou. 

This game could've been ours. Donis did alright. He looked better on the wing than Bakasetas. 

Yet again another poor match from Fortounis. I expect a lot more from him. Mantalos also. Karnezis played well. Zeca did alright too. 

We need friendlies. We need players like Siopis and Gianniotas to play so they can gel with the team. Tachtsidis was needed in this match. Tziolis should not play again. 

A win would of done the world of good for us. A draw is not good enough. We had chances and couldn't score. This is a problem. We always seem to be chasing instead taking the advantage of our chances.

Edited by Dean97

4 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Stop crying already. Calling the modern era's Kolina a bad referee is a disgrace to yourself. Only the best coaches attend finals and Riccioli has attended in the last 3-4 years WC final, Champions League final. Just because the bosnian broadcaster said he gave us a hand doesnt mean it is true. 

@J1078 I think it was him who said that if we take result you ll start crying and if you guys win you ll spam the forum. And you said no im not like that. Seriously stop ridiculing yourself and the bosnian fans and leave this forum until the next matchdays.

I will be more than happy to, once again good luck with the up coming games !