Phantis Forums

Greece - Bosnia-Herzegovina (13 November 2016, Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

sport.fm comes with these possibilities. if the stafylidis dm story is true if maniatis isnt fit then why the F*** call up 2 more dm's in the likes of siopis and koutroubis. that spot is really worrying me.

----------------------------------karnezis------------------------------

torosidis-------papadopoulos-----sokratis-------tzavellas/stafylidis

------------------------samaris-------maniatis/stafylidis--------------

gianniotas/karelis-------------fortounis------------------mantalos

-----------------------------------mitroglou------------------------------

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/paizodai-duo-theseis-stin-ethniki/3241017

Koutroubis is firstly a CB, Maniatis isn't as match fit as he would normally be, and Skibbo likes to move Stafylidis around, like to replace Tzavellas. Siopis and Petsos are the back-up DM's. Tzioli will be there taking up a spot.

Edited by ausgreek

14 hours ago, RED SHERIFF said:

That's right he is a Bosnian Serb..and he has every right to support Bosnia..nothing treacherous about that..

also true the Bosnians are strong Turk lovers...(this will always be frowned on by Greeks)_and regardless if we do not want to mix sport/politics/history.

There have been very strong anti Greek reactions when Greece has played in Bosnia in the past...all with a political and historical motive...(lest we forget)...

To put it mildly Bosnians would not be high up on my Christmas card list..

I am Bosnian and have been to Greece and Cyprus with never having had any issues awesome places !!! Not sure why greeks think we hate them. As for the last game between us yes your anthem was drowned out but that was a retaliation to burning our flag in the first game not because you are greek. All in all this for us is just another game against a solid team.

These bosnian fans seem to agree with my train of thought, a tour of Athens then the game :)

http://www.klix.ba/sport/nogomet/navijaci-zmajeva-uzivaju-u-atini-bh-salovi-na-akropolju/161112022

my 2 cents :) 

Edited by E-M-I-R
Added link
  • Like it 1

1 hour ago, kosaca said:

Hi guys, I have checked the odds again and they are now 2.80-3.25-2.80! This game is very much a 50/50, decided by a moment of brilliance or who wants it more on the day. Good luck!

... or just a lucky/unlucky deflection.  Sometimes, it's just that simple.

my fifa squad. pretty sure gekas had beef with epo as well and he's still a bit more effective than karelis imo and considered a true striker. no one would put him on the wing.

Mitroglou Gekas

Fortounis

Tachtsidis          Samaris

Holebas Sokratis Kpaps MAnolas Torosidis

Karnezis

This match will be more about tactical play. Neither team will want to lose it at this stage of qualification. It may be decided by one mistake or one moment of brilliance. I think that Bosnia will sit back and wait for their opportunity and they will surely get them, as we have been vulnerable on counter attacks for some time now. A draw away to Greece will suit them. A win for us without Manolas, would be huge psychological victory for us and damaging for them. Damaging in the sense that it puts them 6 points behind us on the Table. A nice buffer for us going into the match with Belgium in Belgium.

Manolas and Holebas absences are a huge loss. Stafylidis and Samaris will be key players in this match, and we will need them to do a job both in a defensive and offensive sense.

I agree there is no tomorrow for this team a loss against Bosnia and our W/c hopes are done. I have no confidence in Skibbe so I am really worried about this match. Karelis should not be playing on the wing. I think Skibbe is going to try and go all out defence in this one so don't except to see any flow and good ball movement from the NT at all. Bosnia is going to be attacking all night. 

Edited by J1078

this is a rare time that i'm very pessimistic for this game, and if we lose it, I think we'll tank the whole campaign. I'm hoping for a 0-0 until skibbe gets the a*****a to field a real 11ada.

Edited by georgelaz

You are very pessimistic, in our media and fans we are also very pessimistic and think Greece will win :D. Wait to see what happens, I suppose. I should just highlight that anyone who watched our 4-0 loss to Belgium shouldn't be nervous about this game.

• Like it 1

belgium is a top 5 side right now though. they have world class attacking mids and are solid in every position. we won't fair much better

not only that but bosnia is making all the right moves, we seem to be making all the wrong moves. no one on this forum agrees that skibbe is playing our best line up. Holebas, Manolas, Fetfatzidis, Karelis (In position), and No Manolas. Also not utilizing Ninis as a super-sub. Too many mistakes.

6 hours ago, georgelaz said:

belgium is a top 5 side right now though. they have world class attacking mids and are solid in every position. we won't fair much better

not only that but bosnia is making all the right moves, we seem to be making all the wrong moves. no one on this forum agrees that skibbe is playing our best line up. Holebas, Manolas, Fetfatzidis, Karelis (In position), and No Manolas. Also not utilizing Ninis as a super-sub. Too many mistakes.

No Greek ever agrees with any Greek NT coach that he is making the right decision.

If internet was so developed in 2004, can u imagine what bash did Otto Rehhagel would get for Georgatos and Zikos not joining for Euro?

With full roster and our full potential we are far better than Bosnians. Manolas Tachtsidis and Holebas missing are and all should be key factors of our defensive play. Mitroglou and Dzeko but we have a good striker as well. Gianniotas Mantalos  Fortounis (Taxi also) help in creative game and making chances out of a run or a good pass.

I can't decide now because of these missing.

• Like it 1

^Yes. He's injured.

Taxi. What a journeyman. Although owned by Genoa on 21st April 2010, he was loaned out on 7 occasions to other Italian clubs prior to making his debut with them on 23 Aug 2015. As if this wasn't enough he then gets sold to Torino on 5 Aug 2016 who then loaned him out to Cagliari, where he's doing great.

Another player who should be in the starting 11 when he's fit and available.