Phantis Forums

SL-R10: PAOK FC - Panthrakikos (08-Nov-15, 17:15 GR)

Blackhawk

Anytime you score 3 goals in a game, you should not be losing or tying the game. 

Very poor defense once again. Skondras shares blame on 2 of the 3 goals. If Arnesen does not get defensive help in January it will be a major mistake. 

Way too many points dropped because of poor defense. I can think of at least 7 points.

The pattern was set from the Xanthi game last season onwards.  Since then our defense has been shaky.  I can't remember the last time we had a good run of clean sheets.  So, it's simple to blame it on tactics or Arnesen or Tudor or Savvidis or the tooth fairy.  I think the simple truth is, we need better quality defenders.

And to make it worse, if you want to play with very attacking full backs or wing backs, your CB's and at least one of the DM's has to be able to cover, which means they have to be "above average" so to speak.  Tudor is saying he's mystified and that we're defending with 10 behind the ball.  There is no mystery.  The current personnel aren't suited to this sort of game.  If you want to play (at least in the GSL) an attacking game, the current CB's especially will continue to struggle.

*N.B.  For all those Tziolis lovers out there, I forgot to blame him also.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1

I didnt see the game, but agree with what's been said. When you score  3 goals at home against Panthrakikos it should be more than enough to get a win. PAOK listed Tziolis as starting as a centre back, anyone who saw the game can you guys confirm this? We know he can't play there, so put that down as a cross against Tudor. Skondra caught ball watching twice, its been a problem of his since he came, he needs to fix it. 

Also Think it's enough with Mak as a striker, we know he can't finish. Put him back out wide, I wouldnt mind him as a striker in games where we "park the bus" as his pace can really hurt the opposition when there is space to exploit. The team needs work, no doubt but I think on the whole we are on the right path. Stick with Tudor and we will get somewhere 

What Tudor wanted to begin with was a Striker with Mak's speed.... He had Klaus, Koulouri, and Ivan's tsoutsouli was hard for Perpatov, so Tudor didn't get one of the key pieces to his plan.  The 2 guys he was most passionate about were Leovic and Cimirot, both of which haven't really played any role on the team so far due to injuries.  The lack of attention to our Defensive shortcomings can be blamed on Tudor and Arnesen.  I know they didn't watch tape of Costa, Vitor Tzabella, Skondra and Tzioli from last year and think "Well, we're more than OK on defense..."