Phantis Forums

Panionios-Pao 13/09/2015 20:30 GST Round 3

GreenShadow13

Anastasiou is nothing special, all he does is stand with his index finger on his cheek. I feel like we've over hyped him and now we're trying to hold or hopes with him (for whatever reason) but deep down we all know it's time for change. When I look at our starting 11 it's a joke. Lagos, Petric (in midfield wtf??)

Edited by Ethnikos

His starting formations and substitutions are a joke. I feel like I could do a better job coaching pao. Looking back, we should all thank Brugge and Quabala for keeping us out of Europe, bare us the humiliation...

Edited by Ethnikos

Our transfers our ridiculous. We spend a mill on essien, blow some more of our little budget on players like Thelander who we haven't even seen yet! What is it now like 3 months since essien arrived!!? Spend than and get a couple South American players there's cheap talent all over that continent! I'm just too frustrated. I don't see us in the top 5 this year. We need a repo like AEK

what a woeful,gutless,uninspired,predictable ,unimaginative boring performance.

anastasiou pack your bags and take pranjic and petric with you,followed by vokolos and fyssas.

does anyone still think we are in with a chance of winning the league after that trash that was served up?

im sure 13 said only the protathlima could save anastasiou,well let me tell you its gone.

he should of been shown the door after the kabala debacle.

hows essiens singing career going on instagram?

Zero to low urgency for the most part. Haven't looked at the stats, but we lost a lot of midfield duels today which is very unlike this side.

Struggled to create chances yet again, which has been a problem all pre-season. We have seen anastasiou change it up on numerous occasions, without success. As a result, the players seem frustrated and rather helpless. When you struggle in the final third, it affects other aspects of your game as well, to a point where you don't feel like chasing the ball.

A lot of sides are also figuring us out early on in games, not to mention exposing our weaknesses. Also the lack of a plan b is obvious. For instance we don't have natural wingers that can come on change games. Especially against sides that sit, all the space is on the flanks...I don't know if anastasiou is too blame for the lack of proper depth but this current rombo is far too predictable, not too mention physically demanding.

When anastasiou first came to the club, he was a breath of fresh air. There was a sense of enthusiasm and excitement which seems all but gone at the moment. As a squad, we are not without our flaws, but we are better than this and it almost feels that we need an injection of confidence.

With the elimination from europe, the hope was that the side can focus their efforts towards the league but with this latest performance, it's obvious that not everyone is on the same page. Perhaps a few wanted to play europe, who knows?

The ball is in alafouzos court now. He has been very loyal to anastasiou and rightly so because the guy hasn't been a bad manager for the most part, but after this showing he might just have to do what's right for the team.

we lost midfield duels you say?who is going to win the midfield duels pranjic?oh and what about the inspired selection of petric as a number 10 well what a creative genius who needs Argentinians,please bring in more croats this is what we need.

oh did anyone see some guy called bounanotte play for aek?

Games like this one is where a team wins titles. But, if you lose to Gabala and Panionios then you're not a good team. Shame.

Very disappointed, but not surprised.  I don't remember seeing a game since last season where I said, it's fun to watch this team. All of us hoped for the best, but... :xxx:

• Like it 1

Seems like we have used up Petric (can't lie that this has been on my mind for a while), just doesn't have the legs and is degrading physically by the day. I put this on the management and their failure to pick this up, or their naivety to not sign a suitable replacement.

Pranjic can give you more minutes, and actually ran harder than anyone in our earlier games. But again, he is at the age were you start to feel it a lot more. He was never defensively solid, but the system didn't do him justice as well. I said it before the game that he needs to justify his selection. He hasn't done that again today, as his performances continue to drop.

Overall though, the croats gave to this side and have been unfairly criticized in the past. Footballers slow down though, and it's up to the management to keep updating the roster. It's not the croats fault, management has acted unsustainably.

You win this argument Asteras, you have been persistent and consistent on this topic....Time for a new coach with a different approach, and the Croats can go also, enough is enough!

Truth be told the players are not responding. First and foremost you have to have the players on your side, and if that is no loner the case, then there isn't much point complicating the issue any further. We had to wait and see the response in this one. The performance wasn't there, and at the risk of losing further points, we might just have to go a new direction.

Regarding players, there are too many too name that are not worthy so let's not use the croats as scapegoats. Comes next summer, we need to get the broom out and rid of all the dead wood.

^^^Really se xalaei o tavlaridis? If anything i feel for him playing in this team. And how quickly we forget how much of a formidable partnership he formed with gordon last season...

I like risvanis, but i'll tell you right now if he was playing on this side, we would've crucified him by now. Defenders like him need protection, and he was hardly tested yesterday.

Despite his age, tavla hasn't regressed in any way. The only change is that he is missing his buddy in gordon.

Also we need to cut our defenders some slack. We play with one holder, and no wingers. If we switch to a 4-2-3-1, you will see a world of difference, defensively anyway.

• Like it 1

I didn't watch the full game highlights only and PAO was very below par. Berg doesn't seem to be interested atm.....

The longer the coach stays the less motivation the players will have and "if" they sack him they'll be chasing teams if they drop more points to teams like they lost to on the weekend....

But on the other hand, it only takes one win to change the teams mentality and if that win comes they just need to keep that momentum going....

Okay we shall see....So from the list that I gave you, only 30 is garbage? Pana97 our team is very low quality, and a new coach will improve PAO a little, I agree, but until you replace all the players listed above, this team is going nowhere....Listen to what you posted, Ninis isn't garbage he's just slow, and he creates.....Pana97 he sucks the big one....Tavlaridis we made him into a god lol....Risvanis showed us yesterday what Tavlaridis and Koutrobis are, Mediocre....Klonaridis? Ajagun, Bourbos, Petric , actually both the Croats are burnt toast....What do you do with these players Pana97? Marinakis? We don't have any offensive midfielder or winger....The only player worth coming of the bench is Kalstas.

Dude just stop....

You are the most bipolar individual on these boards.. and its getting really tiresome....

One week... the team is a bunch of world killers ready for champions league and now this week, the same group, is a bunch of losers and amateurs.....

The truth is somewhere in the middle....  They aren't all-stars but they aren't garbage either....   this is the same team that was EASILY the 2nd best team in Greece last season

You don't go from that, to absolute trash

The team is in a MASSIVE PSYCHOLOGICAL DUMP due to the losses in Europe...  THE ENTIRE TEAM... from players to the coaches alike....  everyone is overthinking things and team is playing without confidence

If they are able to sort things out and play with some sort of confidence/pleasure they will start winning games again

The HOPE was that butcher and the cripple would offer something additional to team that would ensure us winning a lot of these games more comfortably

You don't need a butcher or a cripple to win these games against Panionios... you need players who are willing and ready to play as a team...

This team has potential to contest for the title in Greece.. I still honestly believe that, but they need to get their heads right SOON if there is any hope

Despite his age, tavla hasn't regressed in any way. The only change is that he is missing his buddy in gordon.

Also we need to cut our defenders some slack. We play with one holder, and no wingers. If we switch to a 4-2-3-1, you will see a world of difference, defensively anyway.

To be honest... I dont get where Tavlaridi has the balls enough to call out Risvani by saying "Gia ton Panionio, kalos eisai..."

Risvani was head and heels better than Tavla yesterday....  a little bit of humility can go a long way

I don't understand why you would say that Giourkas....The kid has heart and wanted to be part of PAO....But instead we choose 30 over Risvanis, and because 30 can play RB???? If you call that playing.

Risvanis are the type of players you keep....From what I seen last year, and I reported many times last year when I watched him play at Panionios, we'll be regretting this move in the near future....As for Tavlaridis, who cares he's 35 is he our future?

And who is Risvanis exactly? You act as if he's the next Kalitzaki... The truth is he's a trixa... Plain and simple... Siga to paixti!

^^Grkfreezer a PAO fan, especially the ones that buy and donate tickets twice a year....Have the right to complain, and criticize on how the money was spent....We heard you complain the moment PAO signed Essian, and you haven't stopped bitching and calling our team s%$#!, and on top you keep telling us how good Olympiakos is.

All I'm saying is....ALAFOUZOS is the guy who I'm holding accountable, not Anastasiou anymore....And the reason is, money solves all the problems.

A good coach costs a million dollars not 200 like Anastasiou, who picked Anastasiou, it was Alafouzos, will he go into his pockets and bring a top coach?

If he did approach a top level coach, we'll know that he will demand player changes....Ajagun, Klonaridis, 30, Koutrobis, Bourbos, Ninis, I can keep going if you like.

The fact is a real coach will look at Alafouzos and say, this is my expectations on players, and we both know that will cost easily 10 million dollars.....Something Alafouzos is not going to do!!!! So lets all take a look at this year's PAO....What do you expect this year Grkfreezer, you yourself stated that it's better for PAO not to play in Europe, because we can concentrate on the league and win it....You are expecting a championship, did you change your mind all of a sudden?

I put my money where my mouth is all the time....It's your turn now....Since you're expecting a championship, why dont you tell us what spot is PAO finishing at the end of the season not counting the playoffs....From first to 5, what do you predict, keep in mind you told us it's better for PAO not to play in Europe.

Yes I have been critical of the signings that have taken place... I don't think that signing Sanchez  or Essien were the signings we needed to make to help us IMPROVE an already decent squad

I have never said our squad is s%$#!... I have said they are a decent squad that could use 2-3 players of QUALITY in order to be a competitive in the league AND in Europe.... 

After the transfer season, I don't think we made the right moves to be competitive on both fronts and thus opted to sacrfice Europe and strictly play in the league as lack of midweek games would help us with consistency and preparation for the weekly league games

This team (w/o all the summer transfers) is STILL good enough to compete in the super league and IS STILL the 2nd best team in the league...  The fight between the gavro and us is FAR from over.. and I believe if we get our head out of our asses then we CAN and WILL put up a fight especially in the December-January phase where the Gavro usually looks like a completely different team

As long as we stay within 5 points of them until January... then this will be a very close race till the finish

If this pyschological dump forces us to drop points like the previous week... we will be out of the running extremely prematurely

He is not a legend to me jvc he has been a solid reliable player his whole career. Risvanis is a s%$#! talkng douchebag like 90 percent of the other kids my age.

Risvani is 20 years of age and has shown extremely enourmous potential... for one reason or another (rumored to be laziness) he was deemed not good enough by Router/Anastasiou and he was sent to Panionio where he is surrounded by players his age, formed a camaraderie and is trusted

Tavlaridi is a player who was sent abroad at a very early age... tried at Arsenal... played a handful of games.. deemed not good enough and has spent the majority of his career playing in decent/mediocre teams... the highlight of his career is playing for Lille when he had the game of his life against Ruud Van Nistelroy and completely shut out the Dutchman who was in tremendous form during that time

He has done "well" for a Greek player... however that earns him ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to bash a younger player (one he was teammates with) when he himself has had an extremely terrible start to the season....  Instead of trying to put down Risvani, maybe he should focus on his own playing and look at himself once or twice in the mirror....  a little humility never hurt anyone