Phantis Forums

EL-POR-L1: PAOK FC - Brondby IF (20-Aug-15, 20:00 GR)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpgvsBrondby.jpg

MATCHUP:          P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki - Brondby IF

COMPETITION:   Europa League - Playoff Round - Leg 1 

DATE:                    20-August-2015

TIME:                    20:00 GR  (17:00 GMT, 12:00 CDT, 03:00 AEST next day)

CITY/STADIUM:  Thessaloniki - Toumba Stadium (28,703)

REFEREES:            Alberto Undiano Mallecano - Roberto Diaz Perez Del Palomar, Juan Carlos Yuste Jimenez (All Spain)

TELEVISION:        Nova Sports 2 (Greece), Canal 9 (Denmark), LAOLA.TV (web stream)

The last obstacle before reaching the Europa League group stage is the Danish side Brondby IF. They are a much stronger side than the previous two teams we faced in the competition so far, but they have not been doing very well in their domestic league. They also barely qualified over Omonia. PAOK players will need to be focused in order to achieve the qualification. This first game at Toumba will be the key to our success. For starters we need to stop them from scoring and then convert one some of the chances that we create (are you listening Mak?)  This is only the second time we will face a Danish side in Europe. The first time was in 1977 in the Cup Winners Cup against Vejle BK  (2:1 at home and 0:3 in Denmark)

Referee: Alberto Undiano Mallenco (ESP)

Assistant Referees: Roberto Diaz Perez Del Palomar (ESP), Juan Carlos Yuste Jimenez (ESP)

Fourth Official: Eduardo Prieto Iglesias (ESP)

UEFA Referee Observer: Adrian Casha (MLT)

UEFA Delegate: Roland Ospelt (LIE)

Edited by Dutch Eagle

So of our new players, only Malezas and Rodrigues can play in this match. Skondras (red card) and Tzavellas (accumulation of yellows) look to be out.

I'm guessing he'll risk an out of form Malezas over Pongouras.

Olsen

Vitor Costa Malezas

Konstantinidis--Tziolis--Kace--Mak--

Pelkas

Mistakidis Koulouris

Unless he's too disgusted with Mistakidis to play him over Rodrigues.

Over 20,000 fans are expected tomorrow for the game.

Salpi has been ruled out for the game due to injury. Maduro has been left off without any explanation, which would mean he might be history.

Here is the squad for the game:

Salpi got injured during practice today, related to the abs. Looks like he'll miss this game (and our opener vs Xanthi).

We've also paid 30k in fines for the home game vs Lokomotiva, and 18k for the match vs Spartak. I wonder how much we'll pay when flares are set off in this match.

So going by Blackhawk's list, I'm guessing Malezas is good to go. Would expect to see the below, although he might take advantage of Rodrigues' availability and put him in over Mistakidis.

--Olsen--

--Vitor--Costa--Malezas--

--Kitsiou--Tziolis--Kace--Mak--

--Pelkas--

--Mistakidis--Koulouris--

Is laola a website? Because my papou is gonna have me drive to his house to help him figure how to watch the paok game again lol, every time paok has a european game I hate it because im on the phone calling fifty different greek providers to ask if they have the game lol

It's also got a pretty good iOS app [not sure about android]