Phantis Forums

Europa Play-Offs PAO-Qabala 2nd leg 27/08/2015 21:00

What difficult issues exactly you took stances on? That Tzigger was not going to leave us? That the poreia would have 5K fans at max? That we should worry about getting relegated? That Essien is a flop? Thats kaltsas can't even ties Fortounis shoes ( forget all the rest you have said over the years and they are MANY)

What I think you try to do is be "different". I still enjoy reading you when you analyze games but you go way overboard at times with wanting to be different but we still like you!

I don't see myself going "overboard" and I dont try to be "different"... these are my beliefs and I stick by them whether they get applauded or criticized

Second of all, I never said we would get relegated... I think ur confusing me with other people.... all the other stuff is true...

Has there been egg on my face?  Yep... and I've manned up to say I was wrong on a few things... but have been correct on MANY things as well.... this year I'm hitting home runs right and left  :smartass:

Lol exactly... I just see him trying to be a neutral.. Thing is I hate olympiako so much all I want to do is talk crap about them like all of us

Not really sure what you mean by "neutral"... I'm probably one of the most polar figures on this forum

sorry...

you are very mistaken on one point at least....Azeri's have a very strong connection to Turkey....

they are essentially another Turkish nation...

If thats the case, then I apologize... not very informed on the political dynamics of that area of the world

Well if they consider themselves... "little turkey" then good for them.... they can bring all the Turkish flags they want...  I laud them

Whats the big issue if they have Turkish flags at the game? Why should that upset us? If they really wanted to bait us then they could have gayvro flags everywhere.

Panathinaikos is not a political representative of Greece and should not be used as vehicle for politics. If we were to judge our opponents based on ethnicity, then that club down at the limani would be much liked and respected. :D

If they want to make this game political, good luck to them. I personally couldnt care less, other than expect a 8-0 aggregate score in favour of PAO.

• Like it 1

Good post Paotrella. They can paint the field a Turkish flag and it wouldn't/shouldn't matter or bother the players.

I'd like PAO to beat them 8-0 over the 2 legs but unfortunately this isn't going to happen. Last year Inter could barely get over them in the Europa group stages. In fact this team achieved a similar record to Asteras. 1 win 3 draws 2 losses.

I never knew borrelli worked for us. Equi just got appointed, whilst rocha has always been affiliated with the club even though we rarely listen to him. I'm not sure if gilberto is working with us, there were some rumours circulating....Regardless brazilians have never really panned out for us in the past. Our most successful market by far has been argentina. Bar romeo, the rest have been great buys.

Edited by val

Will say my piece on the Turkish situation.

I grew up with Turks in Australia right through school. We lived in each other's pockets and have been till now. Been to Turkey from Greece meeting up with one of them and his missus. He came all the way up from smirni in sweltering heat to meet me in instanbul. My take on turkey Phenomenal , the people are fantastic and I was treated very well. We stayed at my mates parents next door neighbours when they used to live in turkey. Treated me like their own son kisses hugs u name it. They have moved on don't be easily swayed the people have moved on. It opened my eyes they are like us and they love Greece and commute their for their summer holidays.Did allot of southern turkey smirni, oludeniz fetiye then boat trip back to Rhodes an amazing 3 weeks in

Turkey.

Respect his team

Gajatasaray and watched the Uefa final with arsenal in a Turkish cafenio was one of the best football experiences ever. Being a crazy Romania fan and idolised gica hagi sealed the deal for me to have a vented interest in galatSaray.

There's good and bad everywhere let go of all the nonsense I say football unites people not the other way around

Edited by Spirtto13
  • Like it 4

Understand where you are coming from it's the idiots running our countries that spoil it for the normal people

If you see the documentaries on youtube on how galatasaray won the Uefa in 2000 is an amazing story.

A coach with intelligence and tsabouka Fatih terem, brilliant kormo of local quality Turkish players like hakan suker, emre, okan, arif, sergen, and standout quality foreigners tafarell hagi popescu jardel Capone and a crazy fan base that creates hell at their old home base ali semi yen.

Panathinaikos needs to go back to their roots. Get the best available Greeks kids and surround them with KOLONES in each line there's no other way.

We don't want aggaria miseria players donning our shirt kourastikame gamoto

Edited by Spirtto13

I'm in agreement with JVC. I don't have any issue with individual Turks. I played with one this past year in a local Greek team.

I don't think they are like "us". Their mentality is definitely Oriental/islamic. The liberal ones are more western though.

The Turkish government and their geo-politics is anti-Greece, undemocratic and makes the region dangerous. This is a discussion from another thread so I won't continue.

I couldn't care less if a Greek plays for a Turkish team and vice versa. The Turkish league is about the same standard as ours but they have a larger base to pay better and fill their stadiums so why not play there. It's economics in the end.

Van Persie gets paid millions, even he can pretend he loves Fener and the culture.

Anyway, I hope PAO does the job against Qabala.

Respect his team

Gajatasaray and watched the Uefa final with arsenal in a Turkish cafenio was one of the best football experiences ever. Being a crazy Romania fan and idolised gica hagi sealed the deal for me to have a vented interest in galatSaray.

There's good and bad everywhere let go of all the nonsense I say football unites people not the other way around

I don't care for the uefa or europa cup, but that year gala and leeds lit it up for me. Amazing sides both of them and off course hagi was a stand out.

Akritis you cannot compare our league to Turkish

The Turkish teams get direct qualification and are higher than us on the coefficients

The stadiums in Turkey are streets ahead of ours

Gala has a brand new stadium and they can bring guys like drogba sneider with their eyes closed. Quaresma went there yrs ago at besiktas. Hagi went there from barsa. Our teams are incapable of attracting big names from big clubs.

We tried getting the Czech defender, why did he knock us back and re-signed ( more money by far than us)

FenerbAhce attract huge names they have obradovoc in basket. We cannot be on par with that. Our country is broke and we got subpar players.

Sport is huge in turkey and football there is way in front of us. Their top 5 teams would run rings around us

Edited by Spirtto13

Ok, Abeid signing is almost out of the way and the focus is now on the match in 2 days time. Expected line up as follows:

-----------------Steele------
Wemmer-Tavla-Koutroubis-Xouxoumis
        -----------Lagos--------
      -----Zeca----------Pranjic--
         -----------Ninis--------
        -------Karelis--Berg----

Pranjic will be required to boost the midfield and Nano is not yet ready for 90 minutes, hence the LB spot is for Xouxoumis to seize.

I also wouldnt be surprised if Kaltsas gets some playing time along with Petric. We really are thin on the ground with DM's. If Lagos gets injured, Thelander will debut and Koutroubi will be our sole DM.