Phantis Forums

Preseason 2015

Accor6

^^I like asteras, i was in town in 2013, beautiful place. I watched a few games with the locals, they almost view their organization as a little dynasty. They always look to play an attractive brand and have a great recruitment team.

• Like it 1

what interest me is that kaltsas scored ,that karelis scored ,that lod had a very good game,and that marnakis did well and at left back,this is what gets me excited ,not that pertic scored a rebound or bourbos played at right back.

the future of the club is the younger players.

He is an energy guy, but i think when we signed him, we had hoped that he would develop into something more. It hasn't happened.

Lod looks like one of those prospects you invest a lot of time in.

Yah Ajagun is a bust for me...   NO FOOTBALLING IQ AT ALL....

Not to mention, you'd think after 3 yrs, his touch would improve slightly... as a matter of fact I think its gotten WORSE

There was a small period of time maybe 2 months.. when he became consistant and reliable and scored 4 goals in 7 or 8 games... but then he got injured and was never the same player

In any case, it doesn't seem like he's matured at all... we have other players who have been with the team for a shorter time and have matured more than he has.... If we appear in Europe... and he gets some game time... I woudlnt mind selling him for 1-2 million

• Like it 1

if we are going to praise and keep petric and pranjic because they have scored against the gavrous then ajagun should get a pay rise because in that 3-0 win the first two goals were a direct result of his pressure on the ball carrier causing them to lose the ball,he made manolas look like a 6 yr old.

I would rather have ajagun ,running and pressurizing and harassing the opposition ,snapping at their heels than a couple of old guys who cant close down and tackle.

if you find the right balance in the team their is a place for ajagun on the bench ,or even in the starting 11 depending on the game and what you need.

Ajaguns touch is absolutely atrocious

Not a starting 11 player

But can be well used when needed, he's a big hit and miss. He's either on or completely off.

Best thing about him is, weather he is on or off, he is putting in the hard yards by doing the running off the ball. And he may be having a stinker of a game, but he won't leave anything on the field.

Bit like what the old Papadopoulos gave us when he was playing upfront

Pap could score. Ajagun can't. I know he runs and marks a lot, but I wouldn't use him, except when the team is winning and want to keep the score. It's very frustrating to the players in a tight game when there aren't many opps to score that a player gets a nice chance and wastes it so badly. Demoralizing.  I'd sell him.

I also agree with Grkfreezer above that Lod could be a gem we found and if healthy could have huge impact. Ninis should will take notice....

At the some point, we are going to have to drop the young player label. Ajagun is now almost 23. Ditto for Klonaridis. They ate actually similar age to Karelis. The only difference is that Karelis grabbed his opportunity from the balls and has improved every single year he's been at PAO. The other two players just simply havent. They have been to inconsistent to be counted on as regulars. And as time passes, what you see is basically what you get. Not surprising they brought in Kaltsas.