Phantis Forums

Michael Essien

Accor6

Because when you get knocked out of Europe by a team that was just created a few years ago that has absolutely no European pedigree... then you should be ashamed to post your AMAZING adventures especially with all the money that your paid

ESPECIALLY when you JEOPARIZED YOUR TEAM or have really made no significant impact because you packed on 10 lbs due to your unproffessional behavior

Instead of suntanning with his babe or making videos of his next rap video... maybe they should make videos of their training... or perhaps leave the social media game for a little while until things kind of ease up at the club

Let me put it this way....

Let's say I'm your family doctor... and your relative gets very sick ( **knock on wood hope everyone is healthy**)... and I say come in and give you the "talk" and tell you your relative only has hours to live and let's make the rest of his time as peaceful as we possibly can....

Would you be completely OK seeing me at the bar getting trashed or going to a strip club that night after I have just delivered you TERRIBLE news

OF COURSE NOT!!!

Although not as serious as the example I described above..... its ALL about professionalism....

Are you serious with that example?

It's more like you had a bad day and your boss was pissed at you at the office and you decide to go out and have a few drinks after. Does that make me unprofessional? Or should I go home and brood by myself and eat a tub of ice cream to show how depressed I am?

Players are not robots. Just because they are paid to play soccer it does not mean they cannot enjoy the same things normal people do. A lot of these guys are new to the country. I would think it would be normal for them to explore the city etc.

Yeah it sucks that this team got knocked out of Europe and that some of the transfers have been injured and not able to contribute. It doesn't mean these guys aren't trying or training hard. I think they know they messed up and underperformed.

• Like it 2

Does anyone here actually believe that essien could give two hoots about pao being knocked out by kabala,he doesn't care,he didn't lose any sleep over it.

these players we part of one of the most shameful nights in our history along with our coach and yet ,they all still get paid and have a job.

why wouldn't you sing and dance on instagram.

they keep this up though the s%$#! will hit the fan ,and they will have nowhere to hide,because the supporters actually care and can only take so much .

Are you serious with that example?

It's more like you had a bad day and your boss was pissed at you at the office and you decide to go out and have a few drinks after. Does that make me unprofessional? Or should I go home and brood by myself and eat a tub of ice cream to show how depressed I am?

Players are not robots. Just because they are paid to play soccer it does not mean they cannot enjoy the same things normal people do. A lot of these guys are new to the country. I would think it would be normal for them to explore the city etc.

Yeah it sucks that this team got knocked out of Europe and that some of the transfers have been injured and not able to contribute. It doesn't mean these guys aren't trying or training hard. I think they know they messed up and underperformed.

I dont find it that far stretched of a comparison... some fans (especially the ultras) hold the team to EXTREME heights....  

Seeing a guy post pictures of his ocean adventure and making rap albums is a slap in the face to those fans.... 

This isn't about you going to get a drink or have a dinner at a restaurant...  if you do that on ur own, thats cool.  I'd be completely OK if any of the players decided to go out for cafe in the evening after practice... or out to the beach for a little bit

It pisses me off that they have to broadcast it to the world....THAT is unprofessional and upsets people... if you keep it to yourself.. then no big deal

I'll even use your example...  Lets say you do a lousy job at work and ur boss is pissed... you go out and have a few drinks at a restaurant.... no harm done.... but lets say you start posting pics on instagram or any social media of you holding a whiskey glass or taking a shot.... what kind of image does that show to the rest of the world.  what would your boss say?

This is why I refuse to be on social media as a physician.  I don't have facebook.. twitter.. instagram.. nothing... b/c anything I post or do or say, may be taken the wrong way and misinterpreted...

Now I understand that these guys are athletes and they live different lifestyles and (in a way) they are a commercial product....  so they have to be on some sort of social media... however when your team is going through its darkest hour... sometimes it would be best to lay low for a little while until things ease up

This isn't a prison... one just needs to have common sense

• 2 weeks later...

It shouldn't take a medical degree or be a super optimistic PAO fan to figure out that Essien is injury prone the last 5 years of his career and his move to PAO would of been a high risk move.

He will play when he will play if he will play. Just have to deal with it. Pointless to suggest after the fact now that PAO should never have signed him but should of bought with that money someone else. The problem with that is that this someone else most likely would of been a crap player if we go by who the club has brought in the Alafouzos era.

So in the meantime lets all pretend Essien isn't even a PAO player and when he does get fit it will be a nice bonus for us fans to watch a great talent.

Hmmm....  

When I predicted this would be an ongoing injury.... everyone kept calling me a mizero and uber-negative

I know JUST A TINY BIT about these things.....  If this is a re-injury to the same area... we might not see him till end of October

I said similar things about him back in the summer when his transfer was announced.  I asked why a great player  goes from a better team to a worse one to an even worse one?  You figure it out. Also, for me, given what had transpired in the last season and PAO's goals, earning a spot in the CL or at minimum in Europa was essential.

So bad planning to get someone, so expensive, and not being able to use them until October!!!!  The club does not have a good manager....

As for Trianta.... Shame. Your free time ain't exactly free. All pro club players have clauses in their contracts that they have to keep fit, avoid other sports (to prevent injury), etc. If someone's behavior affects their performance, then there should be consequences.

Also, it may be legal to do something, it doesn't mean it's ethical or prudent.  I would want to create a club culture that brings people together, that they care, and help each other, and are willing to help the team, while they realize what team they have the honor of playing for.

Internal culture matters very much in every institution, club, country, etc

He's been critiqued right now....

Since the summer began... in my book.. he has been critiqued...

In my opinion, an injured player is a bad player....   If your not helping your team on the pitch or even on the training ground.... then you have a negative impact on the team

Being out for a few matches, here and there, is OK.. its part of the game.... however this "marquee" signing that has missed crucial games so far is in the negative in my books

You lying is not a filthy post. Wasn't too long ago that said your team concedes a penalty EVERY year. That was a lying rats lie too. But you did not ADMIT your own mistake whilst i did admit there was a SINGLE penalty given in 6 years.

You wanted to be sneaky and said" DENIED the report:, then of course you found a loophole around it: " It was the amount of alcohol".

And don't you think for a second throwing those magic words, ACCUSE MEMBERS, ABUSE MEMBERS ETC will fly. You remind me of those screaming sexual harassment and discrimination as a way to defend themselves trying to spew their propaganda. 

Your propaganda will be answered each and every time.Especially on this threads because on the other ones, you do the same thing there, I am not that worried about.

Ta botsalakia sou loipon, kai se allh paralia

You lying is not a filthy post. Wasn't too long ago that said your team concedes a penalty EVERY year. That was a lying rats lie too. But you did not ADMIT your own mistake whilst i did admit there was a SINGLE penalty given in 6 years.

He also said penaltieS (as in more than the 1 they actually got after so many years) every year. Again proven wrong but the great enabler who won't read links won't address that either.