Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

Pardo looks like an out of the world player right now....

WOW what a steal for them

Silva looks to be a great coach as well... really took a YOUNG squad (mean age is 23) and turned them into a really solid team.....  I know its still preseason but this stuff is impressive

Silva looks to be a great coach as well... really took a YOUNG squad (mean age is 23) and turned them into a really solid team.....  I know its still preseason but this stuff is impressive

You sure you not a gavro fan?

Btw who are those that were so afraid to play Ajax... They look like a joke losing 2-0 at home to Rapid and will be eliminated

• Like it 1

Yes I'm positive I'm not a gavro fan...

My actions speak louder than words... (1st year of Panathinaiki symaxia I gave 1000 dollars... next couple years 200+ along with supporting the Erasitexni etc.)

AT the end of the day.. football is football... and they are playing a decent brand of the game (even though its preseason and we shouldn't really be reading much into it)

I thought all the crazy flux would vastly disturb their chemistry and they would be sure to drop points in the beginnning of the season... doesn't look like that right now...  seems like the class of Fortouni and Pardo will carry them through just fine till they establish their roster

Do I really give a shiiit? They can vanish from the face of the earth as far as I am concerned.

• Like it 1

Freezer ok you want to talk football and you want to be well rounded and such...maybe posting a little more on their side bragging about their players would not be a bad idea especially when you have 30filopoulos and a few other ridiculed so often and harsly

Sure this is not an opadiko site but this is still a Panathinaikos forum

Euxaristoume

• Like it 1

Ajax out of the champions league 2-3 defeat!!!....I keep saying forget omens ;) Pame panathinaikos tomorrow work our European magic!!!

This is why i didn't mind drawing ajax. The dutch are simply too naive.

Edited by val
  • Like it 1

They have taken a page out of our book, by bringing in a young modern thinking coach. Other clubs have done the same as well. The portuguese generally make good coaches. Still early days though and i hope they falter this season because it would put them in a real tailspin.

^^Agreed, he will be 35 soon but he could've fooled me, the way he played last season. He has worked under mourinho but even as a youngster, he showed a great understanding of the game. It's amazing how many DM (Busquets,Guardiola), show this quality, possibly because they get to see the game unfold before their eyes. He may not have the legs, but with him on the pitch the basically have another coach to school those around him, just like gilberto did with simao.

He did have a fantastic Season under extreme pressure of relegation at Leceister. That means nothing when he and all the other past 32-33 year old journeymen come to play in the Greek league especially if they are defensive midfielders and expected to play next to average players with little creativity.

When Gilberto Silva came to PAO at a certain veteran age he had quality next to him in midfield plus the luxury of Cisse up top. Imagine a similar type midfielder coming now to this current PSO team, you'd expect him to do what that could instantly change the fortunes of the team ?

Cambiasso will do ok as will Essien if he stays relatively fit. Just ok.

I think they are doing better because they don't cry so much and actually are better in every aspect of the modern day game. Scouting, not wining all the time, minding their own business.

Not everybody is a crybaby. They prove it. Work and you will accomplish.

The league doesnt suck. Some fans and presidents do. Asteras and Atromitos are the example of how it can and should be.

I dont understand why you can't let the guy voice his opinion

He's obviously a bit biased b/c he's a gavro but let he guy voice his opnioo no matter how much we may disagree with it....Tha's the whole point of being on a forum...   I think its pretty juvenile for us to get "butt hurt" by a few things this guy has to say

Let him voice his mind even if it gets a few other members riled up.... at the end of the day they dont have to read what he writes.... 

• Like it 1