Phantis Forums

The new coach

Guest TheLegend

I was just looking at the UEFA site and we have our 1st EUROPA League game July 15th vs Besa (Albania)

Are we even thinking about that game or is our focus on this coach crap? It's a damn shame that a team like this has not come to a conclusion about who's going to be on the bench leading these players...

:tdown:

• 1 month later...

Linen has been sacked. Good one, Olympiakos. The new owners obviously have no idea about football. Olympiakos is a joke.

The new Owner did not pick Lienen,he found him there and he let him stay but after the many mistakes yesterday and the demands of the fans and our president,since Marinakis is first gavros and then president,they will find a coach that understands Olympiakos and our way of life.

I am not in favor of sacking coaches before you give them time to present to you what they can or can do with the team but yesterday Lienen and the team that he put together failed miserable....Modesto right back???,Rommendahl left wing,Diogo staying in for 90min???Ibagaza not starting even if he looked really good in his 40 minutes of playing,Zairi out and keeping Oscar in to do what??walk around??Maresca,did he play??

Give me a break....last night was a shock but if the "right" changes happen as a result of that,i will be happy...

Marinakis got pissed of yesterday,i like that...i like someone that does not say ok,no big deal after performances like last night...Diogo got called in today by Marinakis and was told that 1)he will get the biggest fine in Olympiakos history because of his bs red card and 2)either he improves dramatically and stays,or he better find a new team to get transfered NOW...

As for both, Lienen and Diogo,Marinakis told Moralis yesterday to not let the 2 of them get on the plane back to Greece....but was told that doing so might create legal problems and that is why they are in Greece today...otherwise they would still be down to Israel..... :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry Cerigo but i like Marinakis more because o his attitude compared to the Vardinogiannis style of 5 poulakia kathontai and not a big deal..... :box:

if his 'attitude' stays like that than you will see more coaches this year then you did last....

a president needs to be a fan yes, but he needs to be the president first, buisness is buinsess, being upper management means you have to keep a cool head and MOTIVATE, not just throw someone out bc of acouple bad results..if every president fired their employee after a bad results a company would collapse in a year...

as for your comment on the "marinakis didnt even wat lienen" please look at the other topic for my response...

dont go comparing pao with oly just bc you are upset that your team is already unstable....

dont go comparing pao with oly just bc you are upset that your team is already unstable....

I did not compare anything as you say here my friend,Olympiakos sacking a coach is not a first thing for us,quickly and with out many chances or in the heat of the moment but lets not paint you all the rest teams and fans and president as HOLY and that it has never happen to you before....

team unstable??.....my team is not even ready yet......

upset????who is upset.......i am olympiakos man because i am crazy,i would have been upset if i lost money or i was paid by olympiakos or something....

I am to old to get upset..... :D :D :D

of course we have fired coaches early before, and weve seen where it has taken us...NOWHERE...im not defending vardino, if you want to talk about pao, talk about how us changing coaches all the time was one of the reasons we didnt win jack, learn from that..

you cant talk about ten cate though because he was given 1.5 years, not 2 months..completely different scenario...talk about backe :LOL: :LOL: .this is the second year in a row oly has fired a coach early on..zico was suppose to be the hero but he got the axe too..

yes, unstable...when you fire your coach before the season starts, your team is unstable..for me, to start the season right, you must have the same coach throughout preseason into the season..its common sense...its hard for the players to adapt to a new coach and a new style when they should be in the stage where they are ready to start the season, physically, tactically and psychologically, all of which oly now do not have...so yeah, you are both not ready, and now unstable...

my pappou is like 95 and he is upset all the time.. :D :D

speaking of pappou, what ever happend to 'elastopappou', i loved that guy!

I have no idea about your insane vazelo,elastopappou,he was good friends with The2ndmouse so he might know.

As for the rest i agree so that is why is really important to finish our moves,coach by Monday and player transfers as fast a human posible and get to work.

Here is the official word:

"

Why don't you tell Zico you made a horrible mistake and get him back? :P

You are lucky because you already have my TOP 1 coach in my eyes in your squad..... :D

You are lucky because you already have my TOP 1 coach in my eyes in your squad..... :D

second that!

Him or the lemon. What a moronic managment we have <_< We can only dream about those results now :tdown:

second that!

Him or the lemon. What a moronic managment we have <_< We can only dream about those results now :tdown:

Sharpo,do not fear, ;) Marinakis is all over the new coach search and we will get the BEST posible guy for the spot.

Now we have 3 names as the top dogs:Valverde(still has some personal issues but NOW he is talking about maybe coming)-Manthano(he is positive to join us)-Ramos(he would say yes but asks for a lot of money).

Marinakis will try to have the new coach issue resolved as quick as posible.....so wait for more news in the next few hours..

I hope you get Valverde, that way when we win the league there will be no excuses. In the long term it will also be beneficial for you guys because your obsession with Valverde will end and then you might keep a manager for longer than 3 weeks

Relax Barca,oups sorry Pao....with Valverde and 4 more players and no europe games i think our life will be easier than yours so better keep quiet.... :P :D

^^^ I love the ''with Valverde and 4 new players''

you already have 7 new players in ur squad...

Pw pw.. shambles.. 5 coaches in 1 year... actually 11 months... pw pwww..

rezili

Wait,i got 7 new players because i lost how many the last 2 years????and the team still has needs,2 DM,1 or 2 Strikers and maybe a goalie.

Ernesto Valverde for the next 2 years is going to be our new head coach.He is coming to Greece monday night with Marinakis.Already Darko has talked to Valverde about the players that the spanish coach has asked for to join our club.Valverde said that he needs some time to evaluate the roster and then make his final report on what else we might need.

its funny to me that everyone thinks valverde is the solution to your problems...oly will still have a very tough time this season...there is alot of work for the team to be done and its already almost time for the season to start...you guys want four new faces? the season starts in less than 20 days...take the blindfold off, its not just the coach thats your problem...

for a oly entering a 'new era' it doesnt seem to me youve entered this 'era' on a good foot....

besides, i woudnt get too excited. vilareal had a very good side last year and with valverde they looked a wreck...had you kept him two years ago through this year, then the story would be completely ifferent ad youd prob have a much better team than you have now..

and crazy, it seems like being out of europe makes you proud :LOL: ...a truly great team competes in all competitions and still goes out full force for the title...how funny would it be if you were only going for the SL and we were playing for all three and we STILL won another double...to me, thats the test of a truly great club..if you dont think your squad can compete in all competitions, then i should never hear you argue that you think olympiakos have a great team...im glad oly didnt make the champions league bc it would have been embarrasing...