Phantis Forums

Maccabi T-A v. OSFP

Irlandos

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it and I'll say it again. All these metagrafes all the time are doing the team no good..

Clean house and brign in young Greeks with soem top notch foreigneres to learn off of.

KALA NA PATHEIS MARINAKI POU THELIS OLOUS TOUS XENOUS.

Don't blame Linen for this loss.

Blame the players and the owner.

Bye bye Europe... <_<

I hope the higher ups get the message and actually bring more players NOW because this was not any better than what we watched last year.Dudu-Rommendahl-Ibagaza-Melberg where the only ones that seemed serious,Maresca-Diogo-Mitroglou-Oscar-Zairi should not hold starters spots,Modesto-Xolempas are trying and Torosidis with Papadopoulos were ok,but i expect more.Nikopolidis also should not start,slow........

Really a bad night for us fans.

The only good side,even if i really hate to say that it is a good side into what happened tonight,is the fact that we have no excuse what so ever in case we dont manage to win the title this upcoming year.

you dont solve the problem of cohesion by just signing new players...your team on paper is good but as far as a unit goes it is in shambles...

the players dont look like they play for the team, they look like they play for themsevles....

marinakis can throw all the money around that he wants, it wont make the team any better..money does not equal success...

pao123,i dont want Marinakis to buy me players.The team has some major needs,2 DM and 1 Striker.Simple and easy as that.You had those players you are set,you dont have them and make statements like,first lets play Maccabi and then spend money,you see what happens.We losing Europa league because of our errors mainly and bs calls from the refs in both games.Also Lienen creation today does not make him a favorite to stay for much longer.Modesto right back,Rommendahl left wing,Ibagaza in the bench.....i hope he does not get shacked but it is not going to be pretty since not many people share my views in Greece and as we all know,the coach is the first to go.....

Diogo should get a big fine from our management for his stupidity.

and now they will pull another 'greek mentality' move and fire lienen...already there are reports of a valverde return...less than an month away from the start of the league...

diogo will be the scapegoat as well and get the axe from the team...he is to blame, but the axe will come down...

Diogo Marcesca Oscar and linen are gone. Marinakis said to Leave Linen and Diogo in Israel. They need a new coach and give him time forget about the championship for a few years build the Greekness of the team again. If Greeks played they would bleed for the shirt the xenoi dont.

This is BS......Zairi scored and then the ref remembered that it was a foul 1 min ago.......

I watched the game today and obviously was very disappointed.. Here are a few thoughts:

1) Referee:

They team started ok, up until the "erased" goal. Zairi handled the ball with his hand (unitentionally I believe) but the referee didn't whistle the play dead and the players started running down the field with Zairi running on the left side cutting to the middle and scoring another unexpected (from no where) great goal. All of a sudden, the referee points way back to the part of field where Zairi initially started.... Like how can you call this play dead after a minute or so and after scoring? This wouldn't happen in the erasitechniki division... This referee should be immediately banned from international games from FIFA. Oh, I forgot, Zairi got a yellow card for questioning this!?! Why because he is an Arab (muslim) and he not allowed to score in Israel?

From this point onwards the team seemed to lose concentration and played really more like it was a friendly match... no passion whatsoever.

2) Coach:

I know it's very easy to sit and criticize every little thing but here are some thoughts... Linen again started Holebas (I honestly thought he would put in Bravo) but this was wrong IMHO. Oscar should not of played at all... at least he should of removed him in the second half. Why did Linen replace Zairi? He should have started with Diogo & Mat then put Mitroglou and have all 3 play together at the end instead of having Oscar.

I'm not sure what system they played but it wasn't offensive... After saying that "we are going for the win and not the tie." They seemed more defensive minded to start and with only Diogo up in front.

Also he didn't include Riera. Well ok he wasn't ready Linen said... but even for 10-20 minutes he couldn't play? Fetfatzidis was also cut, why?

3) Diogo:

I have no idea what Diogo was thinking... He just walked up to the goalie and punched him from behind... Not sure if he was frustrated b/c the goalie was constantly wasting time or maybe he swore or mocked Diogo, regardless what he did was really unprofessional and stupid. He may have played his last game according to what I read from some of the n-papers.

4) Marinakis:

I feel sorry for him after spending so much money thus far. He took over and wanted to dump Linen, but he decided to give him a chance, but now he will start cleaning the weeds from the team and hopefully he will make better choices for players and for a coach. Unfortunately, he lost out at 4 or 5 million Euros just to qualify to the group stage. Regardless, we the fans have to support him.

Sorry for the very long writing, I usually don't say much but after today's (or now yesterday's) game, I just wanted to get off a few things off my chest...

you forgot the fact that your players did not work very hard at all...everyone has such an easy time pointing out the ref or the coach but the players should shoulder the blame as well..not just diogo, not just linnen, the whole team showed more or less nothing today...oly looked like a mediocre team AT BEST...sure you can say linnen selection was bad, systems and such were bad, sure they were not great, but the fact is your opponent was nothing more than a decent team and oly should have not had any problems whatsoever beating them over two legs..this is one of the biggest results probably in their teams history...they didnt have great skill or a great team, great organization etc etc but THEY WANTED TO WIN, and they showed it by playing w heart...olys players didnt look like they really wanted to win the game..no movement, no hard running, no attempt at combinations, no attempt at passing the ball amongst themselves at all...NOTHING...it was embarrasing, coach players, diogo EVERYONE!!

i dont feel 'bad' for marinakis, this just shows he has alot to learn about how to run the club...you dont hire a coach, during preseason, to just give him a CHANCE!! ti einai auta pou leme twra? sobara milame? is that how you run a top level club? its no excuse to me, just bc he throws his money around doesnt mean anything to me...giving linnen a 'chance' doesnt show to me he supported the coach at all, and if he didnt like him from the beginning, he had the chance to get another manager...

im not even a oly fan and im furious after seeing a performance like that...across the board (players, coach everyone) and we cant blame it on the ref, oly didnt even deserve a tie judged on how they played..its sad that such a big club like oly are out of europe in AUGUST...they should be making it through to the quarter finals of the competition without much difficulty...just another year where we cant maximize our points and move up in the rankings...i want to see the days again when we have two teams automatically in the CL, as it should be...but instead people will continue laughing at the state of greek football...

Where does one start? I have always understand losing because of a lack of talent, but losing because of a lack of effort is inexcusable. There should be widespread punishments dished out here.

According to the press the manager will be sacked AGAIN! :LOL:

What ridiculous club management and the fans are pathetic too. If you'd kept Ketsbaia you'd have had a quality team now, but every year it's the same dumb approach.

Personally i disagree with Crazy about Zairi, i think he's brilliant for you. One bad game does not mean he should be dropped. What you need is a goalkeeper, a left back, a holding midfielder, a number 10 and 2 strikers. The players that need to be replaced or sold are: Nikopolidis, both left backs, maresca, and diogo. You also need to give serious warnings to Mitroglou, Avraam and Torosidis! On top of that you need to give a 2 year assurance to Linen and tell any players that's it's his way or the highway!

That won't happen though, Linen will be sacked, Diogo sold and everyone will forget. Personally i hope you get Valverde so that when you finish second again the fans can realise the error of their ways.

This was an embarassing episode for Greek football

What ridiculous club management and the fans are pathetic too. If you'd kept Ketsbaia you'd have had a quality team now, but every year it's the same dumb approach.

Personally i disagree with Crazy about Zairi, i think he's brilliant for you. One bad game does not mean he should be dropped. What you need is a goalkeeper, a left back, a holding midfielder, a number 10 and 2 strikers. The players that need to be replaced or sold are: Nikopolidis, both left backs, maresca, and diogo. You also need to give serious warnings to Mitroglou, Avraam and Torosidis! On top of that you need to give a 2 year assurance to Linen and tell any players that's it's his way or the highway!

That won't happen though, Linen will be sacked, Diogo sold and everyone will forget. Personally i hope you get Valverde so that when you finish second again the fans can realise the error of their ways.

This was an embarassing episode for Greek football

Ok,with Zairi i said not starter,he is great as a sub,but not as starting left or right.Yesterday he should not have gone out,i would have taken Oscar or Maresca first over him.

Lienen was found there and Marinakis or some fans never liked his but he was given a chance,he blew it with his mistakes and tactics in last night games..many errors....

As far as needs now,2 DM and 2 Strikers if Diogo actually can get an offer and a transfer in the next few days.Also Maresca should go and lets not forget Oscar....

As for the coach changes,that is a greek thing as you know,Paok was faster than us actually this year,Pao has done it also....Ten Cate-Nioplias if you remember so i dont mind Lienen leaving.....I just want to see what Marinakis will do now,the next few days and the moves that will happen might be,and i hope they will be,GREAT for us.

We shall see....

crazy is right...theyre two seperate competition and dont overlap...BUT in saying this oly are still going to be shorted 5 million euros which marinakis probably had as an actual fixture in his finances at the beginning of the season, it could mean slight economic "reorganizing" for the club...

I watched the game today and obviously was very disappointed.. Here are a few thoughts:

1) Referee:

They team started ok, up until the "erased" goal. Zairi handled the ball with his hand (unitentionally I believe) but the referee didn't whistle the play dead and the players started running down the field with Zairi running on the left side cutting to the middle and scoring another unexpected (from no where) great goal. All of a sudden, the referee points way back to the part of field where Zairi initially started.... Like how can you call this play dead after a minute or so and after scoring? This wouldn't happen in the erasitechniki division... This referee should be immediately banned from international games from FIFA. Oh, I forgot, Zairi got a yellow card for questioning this!?! Why because he is an Arab (muslim) and he not allowed to score in Israel?

From this point onwards the team seemed to lose concentration and played really more like it was a friendly match... no passion whatsoever.

2) Coach:

I know it's very easy to sit and criticize every little thing but here are some thoughts... Linen again started Holebas (I honestly thought he would put in Bravo) but this was wrong IMHO. Oscar should not of played at all... at least he should of removed him in the second half. Why did Linen replace Zairi? He should have started with Diogo & Mat then put Mitroglou and have all 3 play together at the end instead of having Oscar.

I'm not sure what system they played but it wasn't offensive... After saying that "we are going for the win and not the tie." They seemed more defensive minded to start and with only Diogo up in front.

Also he didn't include Riera. Well ok he wasn't ready Linen said... but even for 10-20 minutes he couldn't play? Fetfatzidis was also cut, why?

3) Diogo:

I have no idea what Diogo was thinking... He just walked up to the goalie and punched him from behind... Not sure if he was frustrated b/c the goalie was constantly wasting time or maybe he swore or mocked Diogo, regardless what he did was really unprofessional and stupid. He may have played his last game according to what I read from some of the n-papers.

4) Marinakis:

I feel sorry for him after spending so much money thus far. He took over and wanted to dump Linen, but he decided to give him a chance, but now he will start cleaning the weeds from the team and hopefully he will make better choices for players and for a coach. Unfortunately, he lost out at 4 or 5 million Euros just to qualify to the group stage. Regardless, we the fans have to support him.

Sorry for the very long writing, I usually don't say much but after today's (or now yesterday's) game, I just wanted to get off a few things off my chest...

:nw: :nw: :nw: I wanna see more of this from you :nw: :nw: :nw:

crazy is right...theyre two seperate competition and dont overlap...BUT in saying this oly are still going to be shorted 5 million euros which marinakis probably had as an actual fixture in his finances at the beginning of the season, it could mean slight economic "reorganizing" for the club...

For sure,the 5 mil is another Riera if you really think about it......that is the sad side of the story if you are Marinakis,i pay like crazy,i bought the team,i get players,i keep the coach that i did not like and i lose money on top of that because of him.....in soccer nothing is certain and guarantee but losing with out trying your best is NOT the olympiakos way.That is why from last night i wish i could see a picture of Marinakis cursing people out and reall fumming,i really like that about him.He is one of us really but had enough money to buy the club and run it....that is why i still believe in good things.. ;)

again, the coach is not the only reason you lost...its also becuase your players dont realize what the meaning of OLYMPIAKOS is...

I agree with you about not to put the whole blame on Lienen.Many players did not play well,or at all to be honest.The problem is that you have a guy,Dudu that has not practiced for 5-6 days,came straight from Brazil and actually tried for 90 minutes and battled for you,while you have Diogo-Maresca-Oscar and Holebas starting even tho,in my eyes they should not.That is where Lienen for me gets the 60-40 advantage of blame instead of his players.....

I have another joke also......Modesto right back..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

1) Referee:

2) Coach:

3) Diogo:

4) Marinakis:

:nw: :nw: :nw: I wanna see more of this from you :nw: :nw: :nw:
Crazy thanks for the encouragement! :tup: :D

P.s. Xronia Polla to the Soritis and Sotiries today!

Archived