Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

German teams showing interest in Salpi according to Gata.

I say sell him. Hes not going to fit into the new system, and he doesnt have what it takes for this team I dont feel. Hes too short, useless in the air, and cant function as a winger. He can finish, but weve got players that can do that too and will buy a better striker anyways.

Best for PAO, Greece and Salpi if he goes abroad. He could become a much better player there I feel, and I dont see him excelling in PAO's system.

kreas? sell him.....the whole point was to build on what we have not create another team from scratch. Some people are forgeting his valuable contribution.

were supposed to be strengthening the team not weakening it. Whats the point of selling salpi, without another distinguished goalscorer yet.

Just when it seams we are sorting out our midfield, we are goin to sell our only proven goalscorer.

I dont think anyone at this stage can pre determine whether he fits in ten cates style of play (if you can your psychic).

His speed would be a very useful asset in certain games eg. champions league.

Seems ridiculous to get rid of him at this stage.

Just my thoughts...

sell Salpi :blink:

that would be retarted. HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM i got a great idea, lets sell the only player that scored last year, that played with heart... ARE YOU NUTS, he still may be the only player that actually cares, on this team..

Replace him with Djebour.. Get outta here

Salpi may fight like a lion, but he's too light on his feet to be more than a role player. More often than not, he was tossed to the ground and easily handled by central defenders. Yes he scored goals but he needed more goal attempts than what is expected of a good striker.

In Europe, goal attempts are too rare (except for the top teams) to not score when you get the chance.

lol yeah ive been here, only reading, not posting. If i was posting id have to respond to too many stupid comments.

Gilberto Silva is a done deal hes ours, reports from england are full of crap just like the greek media. The simple fact is , if we dont sign gilberto, the current board wont be able to blame tzigger, and they will lose credibility.

With vyntras controlled performance at centre back (mistake free) in the last friendly, it seems ten cate is warming him for that position. Now whether that is back up or starting place, only ten cate knows.

So realistically, we will sign 1 additional defender, of high quality presumably.

Now with morris, having 1 foot out the door, we are left pretty weak at the back.

Apart form goumas and sariegi, the rest are all unproven eg siontis, simao, vyntra.

With a not so strong defence, of course we need gilberto.......mattos and gilberto will be the wall in front of defence, and the link with the attack.

Guest TheLegend

Was Julio Baptista linked with you guys? I thought I heard that after Silva agreed to sign...Well i got some bad news... Roma is said to have made an offer around 24m (?!?!!!)

I couldnt believe thats the price for a bench player of Real Madrid but its a genuine source

Selling Salpi would be a huge mistake.

The new PAO is supposed to be better than that.

Let's not forget all the other stupid moves that dismantled the best PAO team of the 21 st century.

Seitaridis...

Kyrgiakos...

Basinas...

Lyberopoulos...

Gekas...

at least Tzigger tried to make up by getting Salpi and Kara.

Salpi, is one of our leaders along with Kara and Gouma.

His role in this new PAO team is far more than his ability to score.

His ethic, character and leadership are desperately needed in this transition period.

PEACE

I honestly prefer Djibour over Kezman.

Its abit crazy, BUT, Djibour is on his way up and growing as a player.

Kezman has been declining, and has definitley peaked. If Fenebrhace doesnt need him , I seriously doubt PAO need him that bad. I think Djibour would hit just as many goals in a season if not more than Kezman, and the price would be just tremendous difference.

Anyways;

Gabriel is a PAO player

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...kos/205635.html

So our RB this year are Gabriel, Nilsson.......

Bryce Moon may sign too.

I'm just curious but is PAO going to become all non-greek players? Fine they're going out to get some good talented players but where does Ninis or other young greek talent fit in?

Should be an interesting season with these signings and new coach. I hope we don't see another coach sacked before the year is over.

Kezman? Always liked him and maybe coming to PAO would be the right change of scenery for him. He's been a bit lost the past few years (ever since leavinh Holland) and Greece, being a Serb-friendly place, may offer him the right comfort level to excel.

rafik djebbour, is a risk, unproven at a big club..gone are the days were you can pluck a warzycha. We dont have time to experiment, we need a ready made striker, proven in europe, had a taste of big team pressure.

the last thing we want is to get someone who is talented but will choke under pressure...eg epalle.

Archived