Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

sorry guys.. i definately agree with drakos here..

we were close to signing quality strikers.. but this guy seems like a tool..

he will be another romero, concesaio, victor and all the other disposable south americans..

if you look at his history, he cant establish himself in one club.. he goes to another club in each different year.. and his goal to game ratio is not that good either.. i think its quiet dreadful

we needed another quality striker.. rukavina is too young, cleyton is fine for his previous club but i dont know if he will fit in.. and salpi although gets our goals, he is just a goal hang and an 18 yard box sneak! i am very shakey about our strikers in the upcoming season

:tdown:

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree with drakos and levendi

i dont want to judge theguy yet bc he hasnt officially signed yet nor has he played but theres a few things that i dont like

a - the management gave alot of hype to the signing of a big name striker after gilberto silva signed - they have failed big time with this....this was just a marketing exercise to increase season ticket sales etc

b - seriously were a greek club but our starting 11 can be almost all non-european (ok im exaggerating). this is not a good thing.

c - wats worse is that the CB were going for is almost looks likes is gonna come from sth america

wats the obsession with latin america

cant we find someone from europe

anyways the only positive about this signing is that hes still relatively young (26) and is a tall striker that we havent had for a while 185cm

guys why do we sook and complain,,,theyve spent almost 25 million euros,,,,,,, do uz in ur rite minds really think zigic and and all the other bourdes the media spun?????would come to greece in their 20s????? until we start getting some respect back these sorts of players wont come ,,,,,lets just be happy we got some guys spending money now unlike b4

It's way too early and football tends to expose those who judge too quickly. Some of us have not learned our lesson. There is no real force in arguments like "he is not good because he is still in South America" and the like. If Zigic is so good why can't he find a club to pay the 7-8 million Valencia want? If Pizarro is so good why is he most probably going to Betis? If Silva is still a world class player why did he come to us for a mere 1.5 million? While it is true that no great player at the peak of his career would come to Greece (exceptions prove the rule), it also true that you can find weak arguments like that for almost any player. The most popular being "he is famous, he has a great CV, he is expensive but since he came to Greece he is finished". I 'm not a huge fan of Sousa's CV either but we will have to wait and see. Even Silva seems to like the signing so he must be a decent player.

As for Gabriel, I will only say this: against Charleroi we played a friendly against a weak team. In this kind of game it is way easier for an attacking full back to forget to get back to defence. In addition, all his (few) tackles were perfect. I 'm not saying he is a great defender but if you want someone who is great both offensively and defensively you must buy Ramos. And we need to remember that we have other RBs as well in case we need to play a more tight game. I 'm not big on Brazilian footballers either but I can see no reason for the bitching to start this early. Let's trust Ten Kate and Antoniou - at least we know they understand the game very well. If they do badly, I will be the first to point it out. We should never forget that we have the third round qualifiers ahead and we can't wait the Pizarros and the Heskeys for ever.

heskey was a kreas for liverpool years ago..

but if you saw heskeys form in wigan last season .. he was cutting up defences of top notch sides in the english premier league so im sure he'd fit in to panathinaikos fine..

pizzaro has a reputation of putting goals away, and any player to step foot into chelsea is not a mistake (maybe shevchenko).. pizzaro is a very talented striker..

but this touvlo we just signed from flamengo can not keep his position in one team long enough..he has never settled.. like i said before his goal to appearance ratio is shocking!

and answering xxx-18t i also smell something fishy as to why we signed him and i have come up with a conspiracy..

this transfer happened so fast with hardly any speculation or difficulties.. call this bizzare if you'd like but i think gilberto ordered souza to be transfered if he was to play at pao... pao agreed as they wanted gilberto feeling settled with his brazilian friend

hmmm

and answering xxx-18t i also smell something fishy as to why we signed him and i have come up with a conspiracy..

this transfer happened so fast with hardly any speculation or difficulties.. call this bizzare if you'd like but i think gilberto ordered souza to be transfered if he was to play at pao... pao agreed as they wanted gilberto feeling settled with his brazilian friend

I give up...

We have made a offer for Givet 3.5 million Euro's

http://www.goal.com/fr/Articolo.aspx?Conte...tenutoId=793283

Im mixed on this deal, thoughts?

He will be good for us IF he comes. I would love this deal, let's be real for a minute we have changed our franchise in one summer with some quality players so lets not be greedy now. Its the first year with this new management and it will take time to build this team up and other quality players will come in the next few years, after they see we are a serious team. As for the Souza guy lets wait it out and see what he can do for us before we call him s%$#!.

its official see previous page.

this guy stink but HTC approved him so there must be something he sees that we dont?

i dont get it the guy stinks but there must be a reason why we signed him.

because for some reason, PAO still employs Jasminko Velic, who is a moron and led PAO nowhere in the past. He is supposedly the scout in Brazil.

If Rodrigo sucks, he wont start. I cant beleive we paid 4 million for a player that has no guarantee of taking the #1 spot. Quite stupid.

Mantzios has been good, and it might be for real his breakout season. I have faith he can do it this time.

I dont like the number or Brazlians on the team. Its not good for the team at all, in terms of language/ socially the team could make a division with Brazilians and others.

Gabriel was unecesary too. He "impressed" vs Chaleroi (remember, Seric looked world class when he played Zaragoza his first friendly) but the guys no defender. He doesnt get back, and mediocre defensive skills. Im worried that in Europe and big games hes a liability.

so just because certain players fail at smaller teams outside of greece, it means they cant play in greece? like Souza who failed at maritimo when he was 22? or when mattos failed in japan when he was 19? or how castillo failed at Shaktar? or how giourkas failed at porto,dynamo? all these players will suck in greece?

suffice it to say that souza goal ratio isnt exatly awesome but he WAS the leading goal scorer in 2006 in the brazilian championship. but what else do we know about him?

Everyone here already seems to have an opinion about him... and how in the last 2 seasons he only scored 12 goals in 59 games. but did u all know that in those two years he had an inury similar to Ninis. and that two years ago, out of his 31 appearances he had only 11 as a starter? coming off an injury. Has anyone seen him play? did anyone watch him at Maritimo? do they know how many games he STARTED there? or was he mostly a sub? with 15 minutes per game?

with this mindset, i guess its safe to say and presume that NINIS SUCKS because last season, after coming of an injury, he had 8 appearances and 0 goals and 0 assists?

Relax people. we signed 2 of the best young players in greece, 3 if u add spyropoulos in the last 5 months. Ante Rukavina is viewed as the 2nd best prospect in all of croatia. Gabriel is an offensive RB and everyone here is fearign his defensive liabilities, even though against charleroi, he made 3 nice tackles and only one giveaway. im sure against panthrakikos, OFI and thrasivoulos he will be a liability. it was against OFI that we lost the championship last year right? he wont help us win the little games, which has been the problem for PAO in the last 4 years.

Ninis coming back this season is liek a signing in itself. Seric,Pap and Romero leaving are like a bonus. we have Salpi, Rukavina, Matzios and Christodoulopoulos that can all play as the Lone striker, maybe less for Salpi, and u are worried abotu one signing? Did anyone know who Munch was before he joined pao? Had anyone heard of Olisadebe before 2002? football transfers are a game of risk and chance. if u dotn take the risk, u will never have the chance of being lucky......

And for all u Velic haters, he did bring in Mattos last season, was responsible fo the Spyropoulos transfer and to top it all off, was the man who told a certain Munoz abotu a young kid that should be looked at called Sotiris Ninis.

every mangaer makes msitakes.... he wasnt responsible for every croatian or serb that pao has ever brought in. besides, Velic is Bosnian.

every team has transfered in a dud. When biscan and Concecao were brought in, havign played at liverpool and Real respectively, everyone thought we were on our way for the cl. yet, there we were releasing flavio 6 months later and biscan 17 months down the line. but they were good at bigger teams, they should be good in pao right?

Poor souza, everyone judges so quickly. Ean den ton dw me ta matakia moy den lew tipota. alla ean petaksei 4 5 gkolakia tis protes 5 agonistikes tha leme alla pragamta. Eleos paidia.

Here we go again... Some things never change... Even reading this forum, which is a quality forum compared to most, makes me particularly pessimistic about PAO's future. And all this just for signing a 26-year old guy who has two caps with the Brazil NT. Thank God we 've got conspiracy theories and Velic to turn to now that Vardinogiannis is out of the way... Btw, most guys signed while Velic was responsible for transfers will either start or get a lot of playing time this year: Kara, Spyro, Mattos, Simao, Sarriegi etc. To save everybody some time, I know: none of the above was his signing whereas Sousa certainly is. But of course!

Edit: If I had seen Nikos' post I wouldn't have written mine. I second everything he says. A re Niko, kala ta les, alla poios se akouei...

Looking at the team on the pitch, my take is that we are setting up a different kind of game than we have been used to in more than a decade (since the Rotsa coaching years maybe).

#1: I know now why we need a "creative" CB instead of the brute force one. The CBs seemed very involved in the game as the ball turned around quickly, and very often they were the outlet when there was no forward pass possible.

#2: I know that our CF is not set up to be the lone scorer. The team does not work simply to get the ball to the CF any longer. Instead, the CF, works to a) retain possession while the three AM's deploy around the box (and I thought Mantzios did this very well in all the friendlies so far), b ) to distribute the ball to AMs and the FBs who are in support, and c) to be a target in the box once the play reaches a final cross or pass. I think the team is set up to allow more players than the CF to be in a position to score.

#3: Many fans (including an annoying bunch right behind me on the OAKA stands) complain why Gabriel would not return to his RB position very quickly. I think he will learn to do that, but it seemed to me that the design was for the FBs to spend as much time in support of the of the AM's as possible. Often they seemed to even merge towards the interior leaving the AM and the DM on their side to cover the RB position. It was clear that Mattos' and Simao's covered for the advancing fullbacks. Sure there were a couple of times when Gabriel just seemed to drift in midfield instead of looking at where everyone else was in relation to him, but the guy has been practicing with the team only one week.

#4: It's a sure bet that many of this years signings might not play up to expectations. Like Nikos said, that's part of the game. We can never predict the future. I remember when people complained that we didn't sign a big name when we signed Warzycha and Wanzik. I remember the "cheap Vardinogiannis" complains when we hired Kyrastas as the coach. Fans just like to complain, and some do it more than others. Maybe they like to position themselves for that "I told you so" moment down the road, but that's part of the game too ;)

Posted Image

I will not have an opinion on this Rodrigo de Souza Cardoso guy, until I see him play.

Here is some info coming directly from the Flamengo website:

Rodrigo de Souza Cardoso

Dia do Nascimento: 4 de Marco de 1982 (26 anos) Date born

Nascimento: Rio de Janeiro (RJ) Born in

Altura: 1,88m Height

Peso: 87 kg Weight

Aek is rdy to sign kyriakos for 1 mill? I think I'm going to b sick. He is exactly what we need in a cb, our managment needs to swallow their pride and bring him back. If we sign him I'll be very very happy about our team.

I like this deal melisis is a very good young GREEK cb which I'm glad we got. Would have liked kyriakos but that ship has sailed and I think we have a very good cb in melisis. Going up darlas is nothing. Just imagine if we got avraam too the future ethniki def LOL all on one team would have been nice

Nothing against Melissis. We needed some Greek youth anyway.

Letting Kyrgiakos go to AEK for only 1 mil a year is stupid.

It is once again Tzigger's stubbornness and incompetence that will cost us a great transfer.

He got rid of him the worst way, and now he does not want him back...

Pateras and the rest wanted Soto, but there must be absolute agreement in such issues, not just majority.

Adding insult to injury, Bassinas who was also very badly treated by Tzigger is going to the akatonomastous... :tdown:

How can I blame him after what they put him through his last year at PAO.

I am very pleased with the wind of change that Pateras and Vgenopoulos have brought to PAO. It is the best year so far in terms of transfers and mentality.

Unfortunately it may take years to get past the Tzigger era mistakes... :angry:

Go Patera, Go Giannakopouloi, Go Vgenopoule

@#$ .... Tzigger!!! <_<

PEACE

Trifilli,

It was widely reported that only Pateras was in favour of Kyrgiakos' return. Vgeno, Giannakopoulos and Tziger were against it and Pateras finally agreed that, all in all, it would be preferable to stay clear of the player. Not one newspaper reported that it was Tziger alone that vetoed the move. Time to send the ghosts away, man, we are not in that haunted place any more.

Plus, I don't know how old you are, my friend, but I'm surprised by your statement that "he got rid of him the worst way, and now he does not want him back...". Kyrgiakos screwed PAO over big time. He wanted to play for Rangers, PAO agreed to let him go for a reasonable fee but he went to FIFA to save his new club the money from the transfer. As we all (?) know, PAO won the case and now Kyrgiakos must pay compensation. As for Basinas, what did he go through in his last year with us? He got a ridiculous (again: ridiculous) contract after blackmailing the club and refusing to sign a new contract and then he was set free when he wanted to try his lack abroad. In his last season he was constantly a starter and one of the best paid players but many fans hated him because he wasn't the friendliest person and many thought that his game was slow and annoying. Then there were some statements to the press and some extreme celebrations on the pitch clearly aimed at the fans who doubted him and the whole thing got out of hand. How is it Tziger's fault AGAIN? How did he treat him badly? We 've found the scapegoat and den mporoume na doume pera apo tin muti mas...

Green Titus:

I do not usually respond to direct posts, but you have it ALL wrong my friend.

If you were in this forum a little longer, than 6 months, you would not be asking how old I am.

As far as the treatment of both Sotos and Basinas you are obviously reading "Tzigger fillades".

I am guessing you feel the same way about Fyssas, Seitaridis, Nikopolidis, Lyberopoulos, Gekas, Saravakos, Kalitzakis, even Domazos?

Yeah they were all bad seeds, that gave their best for PAO, only to have less than glorious exits from the team.

The only constant here is your friend...

Fortunately, things are changing. :tup:

PEACE

Archived