Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

well interesting developments

- i hear we are no longer interested in djebbour as they are fed up with panionios unrealistc evaluation

- antoniou currently in croatia negotiating on roukavina from hajduk - 22 yr old striker which will cost us 2.5 mill euros

http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=69506

- bryce moun - sth african RB has joined the team on trial - as has a brazilian 18 yr old from manchester utd juninio

- pizzaro no longer intersted in coming to greece but chelsea have released hernan crespon whom pao are looking at (could be an awesome signing)

- pao made an official offer to arsenal for gilberto silva and waiting the players answer - i believe arsenal are ok with letting the player leave for pao

- mantzios has been told he can find a new team (along with morris and pap)

- gabriel, the brazilian RB is expected to fly in on the weekend and finalise his transfer to us at 1.3 mill euro

- and pao and olympiakos fighting it out for avraam - both made 2.5 mill euro offers but pao offered tzorvas and siontis....aris are more in favour of our offer but i believe avraam has already agreed terms with olympiakos - i feel that we may lose him to olympiakos

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Crespo??? He's been released by Chelsea. He wasn't given enough time at either Inter or Chelsea. He would be the next great foreign star in Greece after Rivaldo!! There are already reports in the Greek press that Pao are interested in him. Now that would be a BAM signing and fantastic for Greek football! Or is it just wishful thinking?

im not sure if the pae move to pull out the avraam move was so smart

i assume this was done as they realised the player would choose olympiako over pao (i had read he already agreed terms before this with the gauroi)

in a sense they tried to minimise the media/marketing damage of losing a signing out to olympiako (just like when lazaro chose pao over olymp) which can be ok

but also shows they didnt try hard enuff

at least imo

im not sure if the pae move to pull out the avraam move was so smart

i assume this was done as they realised the player would choose olympiako over pao (i had read he already agreed terms before this with the gauroi)

in a sense they tried to minimise the media/marketing damage of losing a signing out to olympiako (just like when lazaro chose pao over olymp) which can be ok

but also shows they didnt try hard enuff

at least imo

no, in fact it was not smart at all.

This management seems WAY too cocky already.

We were supposed to have transfers by this week, last week etc......Nothing. Logia Polla.

Give up on Avraam? what the hell? We are chasing the guy for weeks and now were giving up?

Anybody realize how many players were losing, and were not signing any? Depth last year was a very big problem...We didnt have any. Now, we only have depth for AM, and depleted everything else. We need a lot of signings to complete a team, let a lone a good team. At this rate, we will not be a full squad until the week before the prota8lhma, in which case forget it !!! :angry:

PAO's defense is DE PL E T E D.

These are ALL our defenders.

Nilsson

Gkoumas

Saregui

Spyropoulos

Siontis

Thats our WHOLE defense. Not that most of them they are not good enough, but theres only 5. One of them is Siontis.

And we are chasing this SOB Pellerano down for 1 month and the guy clearly does not want PAO, and were dropping interest in Avraam, who will be a better siging anyways?

What about Crespo??? He's been released by Chelsea. He wasn't given enough time at either Inter or Chelsea. He would be the next great foreign star in Greece after Rivaldo!! There are already reports in the Greek press that Pao are interested in him. Now that would be a BAM signing and fantastic for Greek football! Or is it just wishful thinking?

kezman has this lazy unprofessional attitude which in my opinion was largely why he never succeeded in england

i wouldtake 33yo crespo over kezman any day!

anyone know anything about roukavina the 22yo croat striker? I assume he wasnt uin the croatia squad for euro

drakos...about our defence alot of websites say gabriel is due in athens next few days to sign for us...that makes it additional RB

i just dont think we would of ever got avraam even if we continued...the whole thing looked destined for him to go to the gauroi rather than us

plus....mantzios has been told to find a new club as well - wtf is with that? i can understand pap andmorris but why mantzios?

Avraam at 1.5 m. is one thing, and Avraam at 2.5 + players is another. I don't blame them for pulling out. He is a good player, but I rate the outgoing Morris higher to be honest. Olympiakos has two nice prospects at RB and CB, but nowhere near the ready-for-CL players. I remember being upset when we lost the likes of Vallas and Kouloheris, so I am not prepared to paint it black yet ;)

There is a lot of movement but the signings are slow to come. I am actually more excited about the play players we are releasing. It tells me that the new management has set the bar high, and that mediocre play won't be accepted. Now they have to find better replacements. I think Clayton is already a better option than Gonzales, and I have faith we'll sign some good ones.

Don't forget that our biggest signings seem to come at the last few days of the transfer season (Salpigidis). For the two upcoming qualifying rounds we can probably go through even with the current roster as far as I am concerned. I think the club opperates with the same thought in mind: Get one CB and we'll be fine for the qualifiers.

But for the groups we need what Ten Cate asked for today : Better players at RB, CB, second DM, and CF.

Here is what I hope for: RB=Gabriel (I hear he is a done deal), CB=Pellerano (I take GreenTitus word here) or Kyriakos, DM=Gilberto, CF=Van Nistelroy :)

ela re guys, 2.5 is way too much for djebbour but 2.5 is not enough for avraam? come on. the kid wanted red so let him go. im not gonna fight for a kid who doesnt want to come to pao. unless he is a great talent. No signings happen in 1 day.

Rukavinia took almost 2 weeks. he is 22, just turned 22 and played 2 games for the u-21 of croatia , 121 minutes, 1 goal.

not to mention that seric, eki, pap morris and romero are all out this year compared to last year and we replaced them with christodoulopoulo, cleyton and rukavinia so fa and prob another 3 signings.

take it easy.. tora molis eftase h proti iouliou. ligw iremia.

Here is what I hope for: RB=Gabriel (I hear he is a done deal), CB=Pellerano (I take GreenTitus word here) or Kyriakos, DM=Gilberto, CF=Van Nistelroy :)

van nistelrooy !? Yeah right!

Mateja Kezman was PSV only player. Hes crap. Even Fenerbahce wants to lose him, we wont be needing him either.

My problem is that these signins are taking AGES. The ones we finish take forever, the ones we want waste time. I realise this is not CManager, but I cant remember us being this depleted and struggling to sign a single damn player, let alone players already on our team. The new management I still know will be better, but I wsih they were not so damn cocky and naive. Were into july, the team is nowhere near complete. Training camp launches off quite soon. Dont give me the run around about plenty of time, a whole month has passed with only 2 players.

Every day we hear of official new offers......and tipota.

Im sure the media is not making things easier for fans....I mean the other day "Aaron was 90% PAO" and now hes disappeared. Melissis allegedly confirmed january transfer and its not even in most news.

- antoniou currently in croatia negotiating on roukavina from hajduk - 22 yr old striker which will cost us 2.5 mill euros

look peoples i am form croatia and my english is not very good soo a hope you will understand me..My name is alen and i m from split...I m fan of hajduk and my favourite player is rukavina...He is now coming tu your club soo i will look panathinaikos now every week beacuse rukavina...I want to say that he is a very good player and in hajduk he is not on good reputation beacuse before 1 month he was on the moving to dinamo,,,hajduk biggest rival something like panathinaikos and olympiacos...wen that transfer failed everybody want that he lives the club..now he is going to panathinaikos vry good greek club wer was playing wery much croatian players and some of them was from hajduk...you must now tat rukavina is very talented player and he has potential to be big player...he was on the list for euro for croatia but he failed beacuse croatia have very good and strikers but in the future he will be the best striker for croatia...i am soory beacuse he is leaving hajduk but he is coming to good club..i hope soo you understand me want i want to tell you soo godbye i somethin on croatian...

try to translate this:

POZDRAV IZ HRVATSKE,NEMOJTE UNISTIT RUKAVINU JER CETE S NJIM NAPOKON OSVOJIT NASLOV....

look peoples i am form croatia and my english is not very good soo a hope you will understand me..My name is alen and i m from split...I m fan of hajduk and my favourite player is rukavina...He is now coming tu your club soo i will look panathinaikos now every week beacuse rukavina...I want to say that he is a very good player and in hajduk he is not on good reputation beacuse before 1 month he was on the moving to dinamo,,,hajduk biggest rival something like panathinaikos and olympiacos...wen that transfer failed everybody want that he lives the club..now he is going to panathinaikos vry good greek club wer was playing wery much croatian players and some of them was from hajduk...you must now tat rukavina is very talented player and he has potential to be big player...he was on the list for euro for croatia but he failed beacuse croatia have very good and strikers but in the future he will be the best striker for croatia...i am soory beacuse he is leaving hajduk but he is coming to good club..i hope soo you understand me want i want to tell you soo godbye i somethin on croatian...

try to translate this:

POZDRAV IZ HRVATSKE,NEMOJTE UNISTIT RUKAVINU JER CETE S NJIM NAPOKON OSVOJIT NASLOV....

Welcome bud. Thanks for the write up on him I hope he can come in and dominate for us. As for your translation is it something like this?

GIVE MY BEST REGARDS TO RUKAVINA BECAUSE ALONG WITH HIM YOU WILL ULTIMATELY CONQUER THE TITLE???

welcome and hvala for your comments.

we are a bit curious about him... Normally I do not like the idea of Croatian players at PAO in the last years (we have had some very disapointing players, Maric, Biscan, Seric, Mitu (from Croatian League))

But Galinovic, Jarni, Vlaovic, Asanovic were very good......

Mario Galinovic has become much much better at PAO, Croatians dont rate him as there top but he could definitley be the #2 for Croatia and even sometimes the #1.

Rukavina I hope is good. Seeing that Croatia lately is having a good crop of youth, its reassuring that hes 22. Im guessing hes very fast, and I hope he is. I am glad we signed him, he sounds like he could be a great player, and if not, he will likely still be better than whats on our bench.

try to translate this:

Welcome bud. Thanks for the write up on him I hope he can come in and dominate for us. As for your translation is it something like this?

GIVE MY BEST REGARDS TO RUKAVINA BECAUSE ALONG WITH HIM YOU WILL ULTIMATELY CONQUER THE TITLE???

something like that!!!!!

welcome and hvala for your comments.

we are a bit curious about him... Normally I do not like the idea of Croatian players at PAO in the last years (we have had some very disapointing players, Maric, Biscan, Seric, Mitu (from Croatian League))

But Galinovic, Jarni, Vlaovic, Asanovic were very good......

Mario Galinovic has become much much better at PAO, Croatians dont rate him as there top but he could definitley be the #2 for Croatia and even sometimes the #1.

Rukavina I hope is good. Seeing that Croatia lately is having a good crop of youth, its reassuring that hes 22. Im guessing hes very fast, and I hope he is. I am glad we signed him, he sounds like he could be a great player, and if not, he will likely still be better than whats on our bench.

i know that some croatian players were disapointing in pao but rukavina is very young and you must wait him to explode beacuse when he explode he will be the best striker in greek league..with him and ivanschvitz you can have a very good attack beacuse andreas is very good playmaker and he has croatian blood and his balls will feed up rukavina and he will come a egzecutor,, top striker

you see jarni,asanovic and galinovic also was playing for hajduk and they were playing gor croatian national team..galinovic is still playing..

RUKAVINA IS MY IDOL!!!!!!!!

OK, guys, let's try to look at things calmly, shall we? Here's what we know so far:

1) Manucho, Postiga, Equi, Seric and Fyssas are gone.

2) Pap, Morris, Romero and probably Mantzios are on the way out.

3) Vyntra might be sold but it doesn't look very likely so far.

4) Mattos and Iv are 100% PAO players.

5) Same with Clayton and Lazaros.

6) Rukavina has practically signed.

7) Petropoulos and Siontis are back from loan.

8) Gabriel looks certain to be the next first-team RB.

9) Pellerano is at the top of the list for the starting DC position.

10) Gilberto and Pizarro are the material of Ten Cate's dreams.

Let's see now what these 10 points seem to entail.

1) I would reluctantly keep Postiga for the bench - all the rest had to go.

2) Romero is not PAO material - would have been 6 years ago but not any more. Pap and Morris would be decent backups but they have created enough controversy with their acts and performance on the pitch. Mantzios is a huge talent but i) too soft to be a striker and ii) too slow to be anything else. He doesn't have a position - too bad for the lad but what can you do?

3) Vyntra is a very useful player and I do hope he stays. If he does, he will add depth to the squad.

4) This is the best news I 've heard in a long time. Mattos is an excellent DM and Iv gives us this extra flair on the pitch.

5) Not big on these guys, I do think that they were overpriced and still believe that they will not be starting regularly.

6) Rukavina sounds like a very good player. However, I know nothing about the guy and I can only hope that this good feeling I have about him is somehow justified. All I can say is that it's not easy to find a 1.87 tall forward who is fast and skillful at the same time.

7) I like both these guys and I do hope they stay.

8) My connoisseur friends say he is one of those guys that make people wonder how come he is still in Brazil at 27. And he has one cap with the NT. Not very reliable in defence though.

9) Thanks for taking my word Cyber. The same friends insist that this is no ordinary case and that he is NT material.

10) No comment - both guys are magnificent players. I would kill for Pizarro and maybe injure a few for Gilberto.

So, overall I think we need the following:

1) Pellerano (or someone like him) and one more DC - unless Siontis and Simao are soooo good and/or Vyntra moves to the DC position.

2) With Gabriel/Nilsson and Spyro/Darlas plus Vyntra I 'm hapy with our SBs.

3) One top class DM.

4) One top class striker. With Rukavina, Salpi, N 'Doye, Petropoulos and perhaps Mantzios we 're going to be fine. Of course, we were not fine with Manucho and Postiga last year but let's be optimistic for once. I think that Ten Cate is dreaming of starting SL games (at least at home) with Ruk, Salpi and the new striker at front. Not bad, I say.

5) I would very much like to have Tzorvas back. I think he is definitely better than Malarz and perhaps Gali as well.

So, here's the dream-team in 4-3-3:

Gali - Gabriel, Pellerano, Sarriegi, Spyro - Mattos, Gilberto, Iv - Ruk, Salpi, Pizarro. Though I think that the bench will be even more fascinating: Malartz, Nilsson, Kara, Tziolis, Simao, Ninis, Clayton, Lazaros, Goumas, Leontiou, Petro, N 'Doye, Vyntra, Darlas, Siontis, Dimoutsos. Pick 7 of those if you can...

Mantzios has not been told to leave yet.

Myself offensively i would love to see a proven scorer signed.

imagine ALL the chances Ndoye had last year, taken by a proven goal scorer signed this year. WOW that would = to alot more goals. at this point, resign Kyriakos & get it over with

Archived