Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

im listening to sport fm and there saying we are close tosigning a RB from brazil didnt catch his name properly....in his twenties and plays for fluminese

also they are saying about djebbour from panionios and a possible deal for ndoye to go to panionios on loan to sweeten the deal

i personally dont see the point in spending so much on a player from panionios such as djebbour - id rather concentrate our efforts on a big name striker and keep ndoye

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just saw the front pgae of sport day - its gabriel ... 27 yr old brazilian, apparently he has a bit of history for scoring fe goals as well (13 goals in 2005) and is also playing today i think it is in the copa liberatdores final

Rocha must have seen something very special in Pellerano if we spend so much money on him. Personally, I don't trust Argentinean defenders (after Galleto). Nikovazela, Wikipedia gives his height at 1.83. Taller than Morris, but around Goumas' height. I would prefer a little more height at CB, but if not, I hope he contributes in ball movement in midfield.

Like Drakos said, let's wait and see. We already had this one in the bag before.

As for Djebour, I like to see him in Green but the reported money is ridiculous. I think he would be an upgrade over the other perimeter strikers we have (Papadopoulos, Mantzios). I heard before that we tried to include Mantzios in the deal but Mantzios refused. Most reports indicate we'll give Tzorvas+Siontis+money for Djeebur. We'll have to buy back Tzorvas from OFI because he is not on loan, but his release clause (ritra) is 400,000 and I think we should do that. Panionios would be an upgrade for Tzorvas who will get to be tested in EURO, and hopefully can develop to be Gali's replacement in a couple of years (Galinovic will be 33 this season)

In other news, I heard the OFI report on erasport a few days ago, and they are hoping Petropoulos might be up for grabs again.

Today ERAsport said that the negotiations with Panionios have been ongoing for two weeks. Panionios wants 2 million plus players. Last time they asked for Ninis on loan on top of the 2 million :blink: I don't spend the money, but I don't understand how Djebour is worth more than one million.

Also they said that Pisaro is not going to happen for sure, and that Gilberto is a doable deal provided someone can convince the player that Greek SupreLeague is worth it.

Also they said PAO is thinking about Aaron of Valencia who was on loan to Iraklis last season. He is a 19-year old LW.

Other than that, they keep saying Pellerano's announcement is imminent, and that we are going after the Brazilian RB, named Gabriel. I read somewhere that Fluminense wants 13 million for him, and that PAO is ready to shell out this kind of money for a RB :huh?:

you missed a decimal point, its 1.3 million not 13 million lol

http://www.sportaction.gr/document.php?cat...cument_id=99183

:LOL: I'll go to the eye doctor now. Sorry about that.

Pellerano seems to be a done deal now. He even spoke about daying for the jersey: http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=69321

I have to admit, so far there has been a hell of a lot of noise for only two and a half finished transfers. I think there will be a huge let down if we don't sign at least two huge names.

Today ERAsport said that the negotiations with Panionios have been ongoing for two weeks. Panionios wants 2 million plus players. Last time they asked for Ninis on loan on top of the 2 million :blink: I don't spend the money, but I don't understand how Djebour is worth more than one million.

Also they said that Pisaro is not going to happen for sure, and that Gilberto is a doable deal provided someone can convince the player that Greek SupreLeague is worth it.

Also they said PAO is thinking about Aaron of Valencia who was on loan to Iraklis last season. He is a 19-year old LW.

Other than that, they keep saying Pellerano's announcement is imminent, and that we are going after the Brazilian RB, named Gabriel. I read somewhere that Fluminense wants 13 million for him, and that PAO is ready to shell out this kind of money for a RB :huh?:

Ninis on loan + 2 mill for Djibbur? Horrible deal. I like Djibur, but the desperation to sign him is pathetic. Panioniios dont cooperate, move on. We have and can find better than him. Losing Ninis for a backup striker? Yeah.....stupid decision, written all over it. Ninis is young, and needs to be training with PAO and playing with PAO. Hes good enough.

Aaron on the other hand, would be a simply great signing. Spain U19 member, got to play for Valencia in the CL as a 17 year old (thats got to mean something) and showed some promise for Iraklis. Hes also been watched by other european clubs, hed be a great pickup for the future, and could be good enough to play now even.

Zigic would be perfect. Left-footed, tall, and scorer, would fit nicely in any formation we could play next season. Aaron would be a nice prospect too plus he would add one more left-footed player in our midfield. They are thinking of him as a replacement for Romero since he might be leaving.

I think the rumors about Djebbour are off the wall. I think Panionios have overpriced the player and it might not work out. They asked for 2 million which is too much to begin with, but on top of it they asked for Ninis (which PAO turned down) and now they want N'doye. I think it's going to work out in the end but I am afraid PAO are going to overpay big time again.

On the money subject, Panathinaikos has pushed the Greek market to a place where neither Olympiakos or AEK can follow them. It's refreshing to see after few decades that we are on top of the food chain, and I only hope we can follow this up in the years to come.

i do not understand for the life of me why we are wasting so much time and effort, to sign Djibbur.

Will he even play? lets focus on our #1 striker signign. I always liked djibur, but he is not the answer, and not at this price and wasted effort.

I am starting to get impatient now. All this talk talk talk talk and no signigns. We supposedly signed Pellerano 2 weeks ago, now the bullshit is still continuing on with this a***** who was holding out for Almeria. Everysingle day a "new" report is coming out sayin Pellerano more likely..Wil the F**** just commit already???? he agreed terms, clubs agreement along time ago, get your ass up and get to Athens you lazy argentine! i have a horrible feeling about this player, I dont trust Argentines, they have the worst attitude in the world in this sport, especially when they do not get what they want. Ang going to PAO they see as little they will expect everything handed to them.

It took us 2 months to figure out Ivanschitz, 1 month for Lazaros, we are working 3 weeks on Pellerano signing, wasted 2 weeks on Aimar, 1 month for Clayton practically, and now into 2 weeks with the BS with Avraam and now even Tzibour....

Were supposed to have 2 signings done by the end of the week. We have 2 days left, and im not sure anything will happen.

drakos i agree its a waste of time on djibbour and im worried bc were gonna spend some money (possible 2 mill) lose a good young player (maybe even ndoye) for what, a back up striker or someone who will play some of the time

anyways

but its not like football manager where you sign a player in 5 inutes these days lol i think every club including aris (for avraam) and panionios (for djibbour) just think were a cash cow these days and willing to spend anything to get what we want....

djebbour is faster, stronger and waaaaaaaaay better then salpi (who i love) perhaps if djebbour had the back up salpi had, he'd of scored 20 last season. He is an exceptional talent, 23 and has a WICKED free kick. my only fear is his temper.

also, times r changing people. 2 million is not that much anymore. considerin we got mixalaki for 6mil six years ago, id say 2 million for djebbour is a steal. if we sign djebbour and scores two or three goals in the cl, we will sell him for 8 or 9 million. ndoye is as old as djebbour without the pure skill. but he is a good player to have. although given the choice, ill take djebbour.

Guest TheLegend

djebbour is faster, stronger and waaaaaaaaay better then salpi (who i love) perhaps if djebbour had the back up salpi had, he'd of scored 20 last season. He is an exceptional talent, 23 and has a WICKED free kick. my only fear is his temper.

also, times r changing people. 2 million is not that much anymore. considerin we got mixalaki for 6mil six years ago, id say 2 million for djebbour is a steal.  if we sign djebbour and scores two or three goals in the cl, we will sell him for 8 or 9 million. ndoye is as old as djebbour without the pure skill. but he is a good player to have. although given the choice, ill take djebbour.

hes right 2 mill is jack s%$#!.. <deleted>

no but seriously u want a player who can do something in the

CL starters should not be worth only 2 mill. if they are its a steal.

drakos i agree its a waste of time on djibbour and im worried bc were gonna spend some money (possible 2 mill) lose a good young player (maybe even ndoye) for what, a back up striker or someone who will play some of the time

anyways

but its not like football manager where you sign a player in 5 inutes these days lol i think every club including aris (for avraam) and panionios (for djibbour) just think were a cash cow these days and willing to spend anything to get what we want....

you are right, but i feel transfers never took this long before...

We are having unecesary drama and delays though which are just much more than usual......

Aaron only a loan??? I guess it was too good to be true :(

Valencia was not going to sell this 19 year old that easy I guess...and not for cheap either. Its unusual enough that the kid was playing in Greece to begin with. Having another major 19 year old talent as a permanent addition would be so amazing...these are the type of player PAO should have coming in off the bench and working with the first teams, prospects who are competing for a spot.

Hed make a great option on the team, and if he could develop at PAO he could definitley take a starting spot and get sold back to Spain eventually.

I sounds as if Djebbour is close but the deal is not done because Panionios and PAO can't agree on the players that will be included. Panionios is asking for potential PAO starters.

I agree with Nikosvazelas that Djebour is an upgrade for our team. He is young, tall, fast, and skilled enough to take on defenders one on one, and he can score. From what Seretis of erasport said, we want him to be the perimeter player, probably as a left or right winger in a potential 4-3-3 formation. If you think of him as a replacement for Papadopoulos then you really see what an upgrade he is.

I like him and I hope we get him, but I don't want to see players like Ninis or N'doye be part of the exchange. I would not mind if we include Romero or Mantzios though.

I read about Aaron coming on loan and I don't like it. Everyone says how good he is, but I haven't watched him so I don't know how useful he could be. I don't like to see PAO develop players for other teams. I'd rather see some of our academy players get more chances to play instead.

Erasport reported just now that there is a problem with Pellerano :LOL:

Pao is showning some inexperience here I think. We should send him and his posy packing. He should be begging PAO to come and not the other way around.

I am sure there are hundreds of CBs available right now. I don't hold S. American defenders in high esteem, and every time a transfer becomes a saga it seems like the player is a flop (remember Gonzales?). With this kind of money we can surely find a nice player in Europe.

PAO is acting as if he is the only CB out there. :rolleyes:

It is absolutley ridiculous. I say ADIOS pellerano, honestly who the hell IS pellerano where we cant chase another CB ? THe guy is a pain in the ass already, and is not comitted to PAO.

He will be a problem, and this is exactly the stupid Argentinean attidute we dont want.

There are more out there, Pellerano is going to pull this crap, throw him out. I think its been at least 3 weeks dealing with this clown.

i just read that PAO has put forth an offer for Kezman, since Pizarro has no interest in Greece + panionios has told us a NO :nono: for Djebbour

this Djebbour saga is very tiring along with some of the Pellerano crap

According to my info, Pellerano is outstanding and this is probably why they don't want to loose him. And, to be honest, I can't criticise sone for wanting to move to a country where his kids will be able to learn and speak their parents' language. Anyway, Djebour is in the past (finally!) and Rukavina is ante portas. Bryce Moon is at Paiania for a trial.

Archived