Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

thank God, I dont like Vyntra too much. I think sometimes he jsu looks way too lost on the field like a naive little schoool girl.

Although he was by far not the worst player vs spain.

Vyntra is a good player to me... An upcoming back, great pressure and tackles... He shouldn't leave :(
i dont know about "up and coming"

he 27-28 now.

youth has been the excuse for all his big mistake at PAO even though hes not young.

anyways, Vyntra did get much better this year, but the years before was a total catastrophe and liability. I hope the Germans teach him some discipline about going forward but making sure your zone/man is covered and not leaving valley's of space for the opponent to tear through your side..

I actually thought he played much better on the left side this year...

But it was time he goes, and Im glad hes managed to go to Stuttgart - there he can become a better player and if he makes it hell have years in the Bundesliga, and Greece can gain another right back. Germany is the promised land for our players I feel.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gkoumas might leave.....why!?

Gkoumas has to stay...great player, great attitude..

he may be old but hes got at least 2 seasons left in him, he can play as a backup -- we really need CB's anyways, and need to lose morris not Gkoumas!

I disagree with you.. drako

I believe that PAO needs to move to a younger defender.. Goumas should pack his stuff and possibly go somewhere like Panionios / PAOK / Asteras Tripolis etc.

That way you're making your team better and also the Super League

Just my thoughts.

Gkoumas might leave.....why!?

Gkoumas has to stay...great player, great attitude..

he may be old but hes got at least 2 seasons left in him, he can play as a backup -- we really need CB's anyways, and need to lose morris not Gkoumas!

I disagree with you.. drako

I believe that PAO needs to move to a younger defender.. Goumas should pack his stuff and possibly go somewhere like Panionios / PAOK / Asteras Tripolis etc.

That way you're making your team better and also the Super League

Just my thoughts.

no way....theres plenty of room for younger defenders. In fact he needs to be their for them.

Gkoumas is 100% PAO - never been at any other club his whole life. Hes done great service, and he actually was our best centerback last season....... Morris needs to be going. He can play, hes a role model, hes a great guy to have on the team and loves the club...he deserves it, and Morris who has been such an off on liability back there needs to get going IMO.

Besides PAO only has 3 Centerbacks on the whole squad.

About one o'clock GT, ERAsport reported that Christodoulopoulos and PAOK are in advanced talks in Athens with Panathinaikos. The kicker: The meeting takes place in Pateras' yacht! The also said Olympiakos pulled out of the race, and that PAO offers 2.2m to PAOK, and an additional sponsorship for 800.000 from Vgenopoulos (will place ads on PAOK jerseys).

Hi guys,

I have not posted here since two years back but here I am again.

Just heard on the news and read at multiple sites that Lazaros has agreed to a four-year contract with PAO. Good news as he is one of the hottest talents of Greek football. As long as the coach can work on developing that talent into something big (I think that Ten Kate can manage to do just that).

As far as Pellerano is concerned for those that do not know him, he has played three full seasons as a starter for Velez (the team that won the apertura in 2005) and was in Argentina pre Copa America selection only to get dropped when the Copa america started. Word is that he is a solid stopper, if not highly solid. I read in a spanish site that Almeria was really close to signing him but PAO managed to snatch him in the end. That spanish site also mentioned that Pellerano is one of Aperturas top defenders.

Things are looking positive so far for our team. Promising coach, new management, winning the domestic transfer race from the gays. If only Pablito Aimar could sign with us, then this season could well be a memorable one.

The only dissapointing news concern Goumas. It does not look good and it is sad if we lose him. He deserves to end his career in our new stadium, being the most loyal player we have had the past 15 years.

The only dissapointing news concern Goumas. It does not look good and it is sad if we lose him. He deserves to end his career in our new stadium, being the most loyal player we have had the past 15 years.

I agree.......he also deserves to get to be part of our championship next year too :D

3 signings in a day....good news......we need to keep going.

We cannot win the league unless we get a serious striker. Salpiggidis, Pap, Mantzios dont cut it.....

altthough this team is so exciting, and were finally going to have DEPTH and quality on and off the field

I mean look at our midfield - look how competitve it will get if we get another big midfielder.....

wed have enough talent offensively to come out in 3-5-2 and blow teams out in our league...especially if we go and get even BIGGER players..

Karagkounis

Ninis

Ivaschitz

Clayton

Mattos

Tziolis

Simao

Dimoutsos

and Lazos can play wing too, Ndoye is an option too

needless to see, PAO have attacking talent :tup:

3 signings in a day....good news......we need to keep going.

We cannot win the league unless we get a serious striker. Salpiggidis, Pap, Mantzios dont cut it.....

altthough this team is so exciting, and were finally going to have DEPTH and quality on and off the field

I mean look at our midfield - look how competitve it will get if we get another big midfielder.....

wed have enough talent offensively to come out in 3-5-2 and blow teams out in our league...especially if we go and get even BIGGER players..

Karagkounis

Ninis

Ivaschitz

Clayton

Mattos

Tziolis

Simao

Dimoutsos

and Lazos can play wing too, Ndoye is an option too

needless to see, PAO have attacking talent :tup:

I do not agree about the lack of strikers.

I personally rate Salpi higher than anyone else in the league. On top of that, I believe that a 4-3-3 formation with Clayton and Salpi on the wings and Lazos up front could do wonders for this team. Pap (the one we saw in the playoffs) could back up the wings and Ndoye could be a back up for Lazos. That makes it 5 strikers.

I agree that our midfield is very competitive with at least 2 quality players in each position. Especially now that Mozart and hopefully Mattos are staying. Add to that a Ninis that can be regarded as a summer transfer considering how Peseiro treated him last season.

The problem lies on defense. We need a quality right full back as Nilsson is good but limited, and at least one more quality stopper (Avraam anyone?). We are fine with keepers. Is Tzorvas on loan or have we sold him?

Guys, I've read in several places that Ten Kate prefers a "smaller" team. He isn't a fan of rotation. After he settles in, expect to see 8-9 players as fixtures. So, I wonder how this will affect the players that will be staying on the bench most of the time...

I am excited about the new additions. I don't know anything about Pellerano but I like the fact that we had Rotsa on the ground in Argentina watching him among others. I am not sure how he is going to do in the SL, but at least we didn't buy him based on an agents word alone.

I am most excited about having at least two players that can attack a defender one-on-one (Clayton+Christodoulopoulos). I think this was a major weakness of PAO last several years and I think it's going to help our offense. I'd like to see more skilled players.

I think with Christodoulopoulo, Clayton, Ivanschitz, Karagouni, Nini, N'doye, Papadopoulos, and even Dimoutso, we can play a more aggressive formation. Either a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. In either case we need a point man even though we have Salpigidis, Mantzio (reports say Ten Cate wants on the team), Petropoulos.

I gather we have spent half the allocated 20 million on Clayton, Ivanschitz, Pellerano, and Chrisodoulopoulos. so I expect another three or four players to still come with the remaining 10 m. It's nice to see that we are investing on existing players and also on the best and most talented of the SL from last year.

So far we have:

Gone:

Gonzales, Postiga, Seric, Manoucho, Fyssas

Added:

Clayton, Petropoulos, Mantzios, Pellerano, and (probably) Christodoulopoulos

May be gone soon:

Vintra, Darlas, Romero(?), (I am not worried about Goumas; he'll sign).

Interesting how Vgenopoulos is helping with the signings. He helped with Clayton through his friendship with Piladakis, and now he helped with Christodoulopoulos by buying ad space on PAOK's jerseys.

@ Niko: thanks for the link, but I would have taken your word without it. :)

@ Lalin: I agree with you about Salpi being one of the best (if not the best) Greek striker at this moment. However, I think making him play on the wings negates his biggest strength, which is the nose for the goal, and Christodoulopoulos is not a CF.

i just dont think Salpiggidis can do it.

He can play alongside a striker, but he cant fill the role of our "top" striker, and he just cant play solo striker - hes consistently beaten in the air...we either need to get him a seriously talented partner or move him to the wings..

I am excited about the new additions. I don't know anything about Pellerano but I like the fact that we had Rotsa on the ground in Argentina watching him among others. I am not sure how he is going to do in the SL, but at least we didn't buy him based on an agents word alone.

I am most excited about having at least two players that can attack a defender one-on-one (Clayton+Christodoulopoulos). I think this was a major weakness of PAO last several years and I think it's going to help our offense. I'd like to see more skilled players.

I think with Christodoulopoulo, Clayton, Ivanschitz, Karagouni, Nini, N'doye, Papadopoulos, and even Dimoutso, we can play a more aggressive formation. Either a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. In either case we need a point man even though we have Salpigidis, Mantzio (reports say Ten Cate wants on the team), Petropoulos.

I gather we have spent half the allocated 20 million on Clayton, Ivanschitz, Pellerano, and Chrisodoulopoulos. so I expect another three or four players to still come with the remaining 10 m. It's nice to see that we are investing on existing players and also on the best and most talented of the SL from last year.

So far we have:

Gone:

Gonzales, Postiga, Seric, Manoucho, Fyssas

Added:

Clayton, Petropoulos, Mantzios, Pellerano, and (probably) Christodoulopoulos

May be gone soon:

Vintra, Darlas, Romero(?), (I am not worried about Goumas; he'll sign).

Interesting how Vgenopoulos is helping with the signings. He helped with Clayton through his friendship with Piladakis, and now he helped with Christodoulopoulos by buying ad space on PAOK's jerseys.

@ Niko: thanks for the link, but I would have taken your word without it. :)

@ Lalin: I agree with you about Salpi being one of the best (if not the best) Greek striker at this moment. However, I think making him play on the wings negates his biggest strength, which is the nose for the goal, and Christodoulopoulos is not a CF.

they said 7 players to be signed by early july.

the big signings are still to come...

I am pretty sure we'll get a good striker. Drakos is right. Salpigidis would be more effective with another striker next to him. We saw with the NT where Otto played him wide that he can't really be dangerous away from the box.

In the previous list I posted with our transfer moves, I forgot to mention that we also re-signed Nilsson, Galinovic, and restructured the contracts of Dimoutsos, Simao, and are looking to restructure Ninis.

I think a good portion of the remaining budget will go towards aquiring Mattos' rights. If we gave over 2 million for Christodoulopoulos, it would not be out of the question to give 4 to buy Mattos outright.

Cyberfish: I remember Salpi at PAOK where he did wonders playing the wing. I think he could be just as effective on the wing as up front. I agree however that he needs a striker next to him and that is where Lazos comes in. Lazos can play up front as well as behind the strikers (similar to Liberopoulos).

I still hope to sign Pablito though. Love that guy. :tup: :tup: :tup:

Cyberfish: I remember Salpi at PAOK where he did wonders playing the wing. I think he could be just as effective on the wing as up front. I agree however that he needs a striker next to him and that is where Lazos comes in. Lazos can play up front as well as behind the strikers (similar to Liberopoulos).

I still hope to sign Pablito though. Love that guy. :tup: :tup: :tup:

He wants to sign he said :D

Goumas should stat. He's the leader. He can rub off in a good way to others.

I would prefer a strong presence up front, although i have confidence in guys like a Petropoulos up front, this kid has scored wherever he plays

were buying defenders xxx18t

were going to get Hernan Pellerano Rocha's recomendation 24 yr old....... our transfers are not even close to being finished man..... i mean i dont know about him, but hes our most expensive transfer so far, almost 4 million (still needs to be signed, but its basically done)

then we are looking for another CB, RB, AM etc

Archived