Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News from paper headlines:

Sotiris Ninis being looked at by Milan........ :(

Adriano to PAO (Gata).......not sure if Id like that.....his form has been so horrible hes almost dropped off the face of the earth latley....he has alcohol problems, headbutting the guys a mess. I dont want players to come to PAO as a Rehab for their careers anymore. Doesnt work.

Guys, take it easy: we won't be signing any players before we hire a manager. And please, oh please, don't let the rubbish you read on balla.gr or Gata prey on your mind. All we have to do is wait for a while longer. Only the report about Iv is believable - the rest is crap.

true but Aimar might be somewhat realistic...these are not from just Balla and Gata but Spanish papers, and even continued on to Goal.com, so its not that much of a joke like Balla/Gata usually are.

Personally I think its a bad idea to wait for the coach on some of these guys..

What will the coach bring us? His loser favourite players......Coaches fav's always do bad at PAO, and they always end up lost and unsettled when their coach/mentor/reason for going to PAO is sacked after 3 months.

even teams like Man U have an eye on Ninis.

At 14 mil do you think PAO would sell?

for 18mill and above sell his ass, but do you honsestly see any big team giving more then 6mill for Ninis? I sure don't and that is why he will stay with us unless there is an offer we can't refuse.

No, hes worth 6 million.

Clubs wont pay millions for Greek league players.....just the way it is....

But somehow Modric drew an outrageous 23 million pound price tag from Dinamo Zagreb........probably the most inflated prices I have ever heard of (please remind me how he is a great player, but no young player no matter how good from Hrvaska Liga is worth 24 million pounds......NONE, not even the whole league is worth that much money.

and we let Gkekas go for what a few hundred thousand :LOL:

same with Kygiakos, and those players are worth so much more, but basiclaly are under priced because they are Greek.

I HAD HEARD BACK IN JANUARY THAT THREE OR FOUR TEAMS FROM GERMANY HAD SHOWN INTEREST IN TZIOLIS.

PESEIRO AND PAO DECIDED NOT TO SELL HIM FOR THE RUMOURED PRICE OF 1.5 MILLION AS HIS PRICE TAG WILL GROW EVEN IF HE PLAYS 15 MINUTES IN THE EURO TOURNY.

PESEIROS THINKING BEHIND IT ALL WAS THAT SIMAO NEEDED A FEW GAMES UNDER HIS BELT IN WHAT HE THINKS IS A START DM FOR THE FUTURE.

LOOKS LIKE HE WAS RIGHT. oh caps... sorry.

anyway, tziolis will prob be sold after the euro for approx 2 - 3 million. if u think we bough mattos and simao for 3.3 combined.... i think its a wondeul deal.

Also in talks is MAttos restructruing his contract to put on a ritra of 5 million.

well it appears we are on the verge of losing a great player..ivan may go too so that two of our best players gone...i dont like the direction of this... :angry:

our only hope is that mattos chooses not to go and to stay in greece...im not sure the likelyhood of this but he recently has been saying great things about the club showing his desire to stay and become a symbol of the team...chances are, hell be in england...

paper headlines say Portsmouth offered a 7.5 million offer for Mattos...

I say reject it - EPL clubs are MORONS and afford (and do) over pay for virtually every player brought into the leageu.

Modric was just sold for 20 million pounds - thats such an outrageous figure for any player who has only experience playing in the terrible Croatian league.

We can most definitly do 10 million.

Im not sure how replaceable he is. If we lose him and Ivanschitz and Tziolis - weve essentially lost our entire midfield arrangement from this year (not to mention Eki, Romero too).....

I would hate to see Mattos go so soon, but I would understand if he chose to move on. The Greek SL sucks and blows and then some.

Why would anyone deny better money, better exposure, better games, better everything to stay with PAO?

Sure, Greece is awesome in terms of life and weather and such, but for an ambitious player it does not offer much incentive.

This sorry SL needs to become much stronger and competitive. Our big teams need to pull some consistent success in UEFA competitions, our stadiums and training grounds need to be built from scratch, the press needs to get a bit more serious, and the league structure needs to solidify to less teams and better playoffs, and to reorganize its legal framework so it would never be possible to win championships with off the field paperwork.

I am afraid PAO could have done nothing better with Mattos. He and his agent had some pull and worked a 4m release clause in his contract, and we paid a lot to get him in the first place.

PAO does not have any say in the matter because Portsmouth's offer covers his contract clause.

The only thing that can keep Mattos with us next season is if he (for some strange reason) himself refuses to go to through with the transfer.

Although it has been reported this season's transfer budget approaches 20 million Euro, rebuilding our entire midfield is a tall order.

20 million without the 7 from portsmouth. if we sell mattos our budget will be 27 million.

Simao is a great Dm and im not worried so much about the midfield. i believe we need to sign ivan and get a CM/RM with class and a bonafide striker. RB and CB would follow.

Archived