Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the potential signings are fantastic. Djibbour, Fernandez, Brozek, Cleiton, Xristodoulopoulos, etc, are all very good players. But it won't mean anything unless Ivanschitz stays. There's no point in claiming to be strengthening if PAO's best players are not being kept. If PAO wants to start winning titles and challenging in Europe then making signings such as the above are key, but not as key as keeping players like Ivan.

true words Euro. ...

You dont stregthen the team by taking out your top performers. Its not how it works. Instead, you can replace the CRAP and MEDIOCRITY with better players and then you have raised the 'overall standard of play'....

Your best performers are the last ones who should be replaced.

Tziolis is a bit weak, but still worthy of staying on the team. Lets KEEP him and buy somebody BETTER.... We NEED depth and a higher standard of play.

Vardinogiannis way is simply hire and fire players of high level...stregthening starts from the worst players up, and having a wealth of talent and potential on the team.

We have so many good young players we can use to filll our benches and act as backups while we invest in another strong core of experience.....

Vardinogiannis way is simply hire and fire players of high level...stregthening starts from the worst players up, and having a wealth of talent and potential on the team.

The problem with that is that the overall wage-expenditure also rises, and we all know Vardinoyianni wouldn't do that. <_<

The problem with that is that the overall wage-expenditure also rises, and we all know Vardinoyianni wouldn't do that. <_<
i realise that, id rather he just drops our cheap players and replaces them with cheap "steals" or youth players aka Wegner, but on a smaller scale...

tzigger gives 2,5 for xristodoulopoulo... ok, i like xristodoulopoulo but i'd rather want to keep ivanschits with 1,5.. i dont know why is tzigger dont want to keep ivan

Xristodoulopoulos (PAOK)

Makos (Panionios)

Avraam Papadopoulo (ARIS)

Moniaki (OFI)

Nacho Garcia (ARIS)

Cardozo (ASTERAS TRIPOLIS)

Antonis Rikas (SKODA)

http://www.supersport.gr/soccer/anational/....asp?aid=148352

i wish!!! i dont want to get my hopes up.

I have been pulling for PAO to buy Makos, Avraam, Xristodoulopoulos for a while..

id much rather have these players than risk signing foreginers who dont know the league.....our league signings are always way better on average...

I meant to update my earlier marathon post about our players and I never got around to doing it.

Now that the regular season is over and despite what happened with AEK losing the title on paper, the bottom line is that we ended up cleanly third when we had a great chance to beat the system and finish first. We choked, and while the players play the games, I feel they are not operating in an environment conducive to winning championships.

I don't know what's wrong with upper management, but it needs a major overhaul. I have to say that talent evaluation was greatly improved this season with less dead wood than ever.

I think some players did better than others, but I focused more on the failure of our second striker to provide adequate support for Salpi. Also, I noticed that none of our AMs ever became a credible threat for opposing goalkeepers. Our CBs and both our GKs choked in key moments of the season and cost us points.

I thought we got good play from our DMs and better play than expected from all our fullbacks (except Seric)

I hope we make Striker and Goalkeeper a priority this season. Besides that I would like to see a CB, and a RM.

We also need height in every line, but especially in CF, CB, and GK.

Here is what I would do if Tziger let me handle the team next season :P :

GK: Spend major money on a proven GK. No projects at goal. Galinovic I would keep as a back up, and Karnezis as a project. Malartz I would release. The new keeper needs to be good in everyting, and especially high crosses.

RB: I liked Nilsson's play, and Vintra was improved this year. If I could find a buyer for Vintra, I would sell him, otherwise I would keep both of them and bring a youngster to groom. I think Nilsson can start for Pao. I am upset we did not get Galitsios.

LB: We are set with Spyropoulos. I like his game. He is at his best when attacking so I would modify tactics to support his moves forward more. Boutzikos could be a good project, and Vintra can fill in when needed.

CB: I like Simao. He is tall, quick, skilled with the ball, and more mature than his 20 years, but at CB inexperience can be fatal. I like Goumas too. Morris had his worst year with PAO, and Sariegi had good games and some nail biters. I would spend major money to bring in a proven CB. Avraam Papadopoulos would be great but I don't care for anyone else from Greece. If not Papadopoulos, maybe a proven and experienced foreigner. He has to be tall. I cant' stand seeing opponents getting headers in our box.

DM/CM: If we continue to play with two holding midfielders we need an upgrade. Mattos is awesome and he needs someone stellar next to him. I like Tziolis and his upside, but we can use an upgrade. Cardoso would be such an upgrade, and I hope Leontiou comes back in form to compete for a starting spot.

RM: I thought this was one of our weakest positions this year. I don't think Ninis can come in and take the team on his shoulders yet. He does need more playing time for sure, but be that as it may, neither Romero, Karagounis, Dimoutsos look like right wingers to me. I would release Romero and I would spend major money to bring in a dominant winger. I don't see anyone in Greece so I would look in other countries. I would buy Rotsa a new guitar if he found me such player in Argentina.

LM: Well, Ivanschitz is a fan favorite so I have to be careful here so I dont go into more Phantis users' black lists. I think he is a good player, and on his good day he can play well on the line, but he has not shown the consistency I want to see at that position. His sweet left foot crosses and freekicks would be hard to replace, so for the right price, I would keep Ivan. He is still young and he can grow to be a great player.

AM: If we change tactics and play with one DM and one AM down the middle, then we need to invest major money on a dominant creative midfielder. Otherwise, Gonzales or Karagounis are it and if Christodoulopoulos could be bought, I'd go for it. I would try Ninis, Dimoutsos more in this position than the wings.

Striker: Salpigidis is a proven scorer and a fighter. I would let go of Postiga and I would keep Manoucho as a project. I think Papadopoulos would also be a good and experienced backup. Petropoulos seems good but I don't go into the season with a "project" in the front line. I would spend more major money on a tall, strong, skilled, proven scorer. I'll buy Rotsa another guitar if he brings such player from Argentina.

So there you have it:

Let go: Seric, Fysssas, Darlas, Malartz, Postiga, Romero

GK, CB, DM, RM, CF and I am done.

i would like to see on PAO from Greece:

GK: Tzorvas, Daskalakis, Pardo... (I prefer Tzorva)

CB: Avraam Papadopoulo

DM: Makos, Cardozo

AM: Xristodoulopoulos going to be awsome, Aaron, Marqez

CF: Jimbour hands down & Giansits

leave from the team: Tziolis, Galinovic, Seric, Morris, Vintra, Darlas

one more talented that scored 2 great goals for his age is Athanasiadis... hes playing to PAOK and he is only 19... you need to watch those 2 goals that scored against larisa and let me know what you think... i have to say great technic...

Galinovic to leave??? and not Malarz??? come on man... Malarz needs to go before Galinovic...Galinovic is a great keeper to have on the team, if we can get a better one to start sure, but hell always be worthy of at least a bench spot...

Athanasiadis scored 2 nice goals...i have a feeling he woulndt be ready for PAO for a wihle though...

Galinovic to leave??? and not Malarz??? come on man... Malarz needs to go before Galinovic...Galinovic is a great keeper to have on the team, if we can get a better one to start sure, but hell always be worthy of at least a bench spot...

Athanasiadis scored 2 nice goals...i have a feeling he woulndt be ready for PAO for a wihle though...

i still think malarz is a bit better keeper than galinovic and i would like to see tzorva stin thesi tou mario... plus gali contract is expired this year i think..

i still think malarz is a bit better keeper than galinovic and i would like to see tzorva stin thesi tou mario... plus gali contract is expired this year i think..
Malarz???? come on man hes a lousy keeper, awful positioning...... Galinovic doesnt make mistakes that often, and usually plays very well...

Malarz???? come on man hes a lousy keeper, awful positioning...... Galinovic doesnt make mistakes that often, and usually plays very well...
dont get me wrong.. i like gali too.. but i would prefer tzorva+malrz+karnezis

Archived