Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have a link where I can see the contract details for PAO players? Just interested to see what contracts expire this summer. Thanks.

i to would really like to know as well; however i think the following contracts are up:

Galin

Nillson

Seric

Ivan

Postiga

Manucho

maybe darlas?

Just curious; who do you think will be gone next year??

my predictions are as followed: Red Gone, Grey maybe, Green stay

Galin: 50/50 in my opinon, i belive that he deserves a new 2 year contract based on his performence this year and in 05/06 season; contract should be similar to his current in terms of wages...

Nillson: deserves a new contract!, again a new 2 year deal should be plenty along with a little bonus for his consistancy in the past 2 years..

Seric: Gone, his performence at best have been medicore; for evey good performence he has; he has 7 s%$#! ones after that.. Also his wages are heaps high 800,000 per year (can anyone confirm?)

Ivan: 50/50 even though his on loan, he has performed at a very high level in the past 2 years; IMO has been the MVP along with salpi and mattos this year. apprently ppl have been mistaken in his price of 4 million, which is really 1.8million. Never the less we should buy him at all cost and give him a 4 year contract however with tzigger we all know what could happen hence 50/50.

Postiga: Gone: another loan player; hasnt really warmed up to the task everyone had hoped for however to his credit his only played 4-6 matches with one goal to his name. Only chance of him staying is if with extend the loan deal for another 12 months, i dnt think tzigger will pay 3.5 million as some reports have suggested thats what porto want..

Manucho: Gone, hasnt even played a game, maybe a contract extension but i doubt it..

Vyntra: 50/50 has been subjected to a move away from Pao in the last year however i got this feeling he will stay with us untill his contract expires. has been playing quite well in the last 4-6 months

Darlas: 50/50 either he will be realesed or loaned out?

Pap: 50/50; even though everyone wants him out i got this feeling he will stay. Dont ask me but its just a gut feeling, i personally want him out, his dead weight.

Mattos: 50/50, is our MVP, has been linked to the EPL since arriving and has made it perfectly clear that Pao is just a stepping stone in his carrer. I believe if we win the SL this year then he will stay for one more year to play CL however if we lose then Ta Ta ( i real shame as well, best player we have goten in the last decade in terms of skill and potential and performence)

Menzo: 80/20, after his loan finishes, german team has an option to buy him out; which i doubt they will do.

Gonzo: 60/40, just came back from an injury, however his contract is a huge drain and considering that he hasnt given anythin to Pao in the last 2 years might be enough to push him out in favour of an able body who can do the business. i personally think he has strong ties with Pao and will be given another year to prove him self, plus compo might be to much for tzigger for a realese lol

Overall i dont really want a clean out, i belive that will destroy the harmony in our team; what i would like are the following players to leave: Seric (use his contract money to sway Mattos into staying?), Paps (time for him to start fresh and get his carrer back on track; perhaps in Germany?), Vyntra (i think its time to cut ties with him and make a profit), Manucho...

Will probably need the following; Big name FC, Big name AMC, DR, DC... with some youth getting promotion...

What u guys think?

p.s how is menzo's doing in Germany?

Yo yo yo, whoa.

three players are definately not coming back next season. here are there names.

Seric, Darlas, Fyssas. either for ability, consistency or retirement these players are definately gone.

Galinovic will definately stay .. probably on a one year contract with a team option. He has played very well this season but cant play against oly. He loses it against them.

Vyntra will be dealt in a summer transfer only if we find a young RB who will slowly take nilssons place. i have been Nilssons biggest supporter even when most of you said he sucks and should be gotten rid of. Nilsson is our RB next year and we would need someone like Spyropoulos but on the Left to slowly take his place.

Mattos will stay another year regardless of whether we play in the cl or not. Summer of 2009 he will be sold for approx 7 million. he wil be 24

Eki is a coin toss. i believe he will stay not because he is a dominant player but because Pao is the best option for him. If he decides to leave pao, where will he go? AEK? b division Spain? not much more choice than that. he deserves a chance to have a full summer trainign camp under his belt before we can judge and rate his play . after two years of injury it takes time to come back.

Pap will prob be sold or loaned out with an option to buy. i dont see how he will return after everything that has happened. Could be wrong on this one, but needs a better Cf than him. even as a backup.

Ivan HAS TO STAY. not because he is the best player ever. He has class, skill and potential. MORE importantly, id like us to keep him peermanently, and after this years euro, when his price will rise after gettin some more exposure in Austria we will be gettin some offers and eventually hopefully he will be sold for about 7 million.

Mantzios hasnt played much yet in Eintracht and unless he gets major minutes and scores a few goals, he will return to pao. He has suffered the same fate as Postiga actually.

Postiga has only played a handful of games and NO 90 minute games yet.3 games were 45 minutes, 2 were 55 and 3 were 30 and under. Postiga has scored a crucial goal and in the last 7 games of which he played those minutes mentioned, even salpi has only 1 goal. so it is pretty hard to judge Postiga. i think he can be a very impoirtant player for us. given the right help.

Manucho isnt ours. If man u decide to take him back, he will go. If not he will prob stay at pao. i beleive he will play 5 of the last 7 games and score 4 goals. Thats just my prediction.

I believe we will need a back up CB, someone young, also a CF and a RM/CAM.

i dont know what the future hold but im curious to see if we win the title this year. that will open doors for players to come to pao. CL hasnt been in our cards, so its hard to attract (bigger) names.

paos dont score easily and our epithetikoi dont get any ''mpalies'' from our midfield.. so we cant judge postiga... i hope staying next year too..

Mattos will stay another year regardless of whether we play in the cl or not. Summer of 2009 he will be sold for approx 7 million. he wil be 24

Why do you say that? Is it intuition-based? Because, as explained in a piece from goalday.gr that I provided a link to earlier in this thread, Mattos can go this summer provided that he brings an offer of at least 4 mil from a non-Greek club. Of this money, PAO will only receive 1.5 (plus 200.000 if he leaves this summer), unless the offer is bigger than 4 mil - which would be rather unlikely, since nobody would pay more than they actually have to, right? As I have also argued earlier in this thread, I am optimistic because Mattos has not had his EU passport yet and most clubs that want him are English - so he can't play unless he gets the passport, since he is not in the NT. If he gets it, well, then all we can hope is that we are in the CL and the clubs that make an offer are of the calibre of Boro and the like. If, say, Tottenham want (let alone Arsenal who allegedly have been looking at him) we can kiss him goodbye and get the 1.700.000 - which is nothing for a player like Marcello.

I agree about Postiga and Nilsson. I also agree that we must sign Iv before the Euro, despite the fact that I hardly think that he can really do much with this horrible Austrian squad. Did you know that some Austrian fans formed a club whose motto is "don't let this useless team play in the Euro and disgrace us"? I also agree that we need a young yet ready to start CB, a right winger that can also play in the midfield (or two separate players if possible) and a striker, provided that some of our current strikers go. Obviously, if all our LBs except from Spyro leave, we also need a back-up LB. That's about it, though, I don't want to see too many changes, just a few quality signings.

this is an omphaloskepsis post if I ever seen one.

DUDE, what happened man? I used to enjoy your posts, but in the last few months you have lost your touch. You just keep talking about yourself :P

Let me guess, you have never read War and Peace.

:LOL: It's alll in the ego! :P

There's talk of Fernandez who's being linked with both Oly and PAO. Imo, PAO should do everything in their power to get him. A left-side of Spyropulos and Fernandez looks v.dangerous!

this is an omphaloskepsis post if I ever seen one.

DUDE, what happened man? I used to enjoy your posts, but in the last few months you have lost your touch. You just keep talking about yourself  :P

Let me guess, you have never read War and Peace.

:LOL: It's alll in the ego! :P

There's talk of Fernandez who's being linked with both Oly and PAO. Imo, PAO should do everything in their power to get him. A left-side of Spyropulos and Fernandez looks v.dangerous!

fernandez usually plays on the right...i follow argentine football pretty closely..

im not denying he will add depth, but to say he will play on the left permanently(hypothetically of course) is kind of wrong as he is a predominantly a right footed player..he would be signed bc of his dominant right foot...ive seen him play many times and he looks very comfortable on the right side...he would add an option to the left too though, so you are somewhat correct...

it doesnt matter though because i heard he does not want to come to the greek league to play...

Look, a lot will depend on whether we resign ..Pesseiro!

If he stays, then he'll be given more of a say as to what players he wants.

I'm also of the opinion that the coach situation is very important. I think we've found a good coach and we should keep him for a while.

The reason I like Pesseiro is that he took a new team (unknown to him) with lots of NEW players who didn't know each other. He shaped PAO into a team. For several years, we couldn't exchange 2-3 passes!!!!! And, our defense was worst than swiss cheese! Come on!

We complain but our team appears like one on the pitch.

Therefore, above all transfers we should sign Pesseiro for a couple years more.

According to todays press Pini Zahavi got the rights on Salpi for England. He seems to want to prepare the Premium league for a transfer of Salpi in the future.

Another thing is that PAO showed interest in Samaras for next season.

According to todays press Pini Zahavi got the rights on Salpi for England. He seems to want to prepare the Premium league for a transfer of Salpi in the future.

WTF?? please explain to me what that means. Do we not own the rights for Salpi? or did I miss something? Who is this Pini Zahavi guy?

WTF?? please explain to me what that means. Do we not own the rights for Salpi? or did I miss something? Who is this Pini Zahavi guy?
:blink:

Its easy. We own Salpi.

zahavi asks from Salpi his permision to represend him in the Premear league and try to find interested teams there for Salpi.

If there is one that wants him and which would attract Salpi and they offer a nice sum to buy him from PAO he will do the handling.Zahavi is the one who brought Matos to us. Matos belongs partly to him same as Belutschi does. Also Zahavi owns completely since yesterday i think Fernandez from Riverplate in which both PAO and Olympiakos seem to be interested.

zahavi is a gutless man only looking to make money for himself...he may have many connections but he is an example of one of the worst qualities of european football today...agents have more power then everyone realizes and he is a money-hungry schemer...

i would rather have him nowhere near this club....

i encourage everyone to read up on him and find out...

jibour was on athlitiki kiriaki and papadimitriou asked him about panathinaiko and jibour was laughing... hmmm... lete auto na simenei kati??? i would like to see him with green t-shirt.. i believe with salpi front tha einai apo ta kalitera epithetika didima tis elladas!

zahavi is a gutless man only looking to make money for himself...he may have many connections but he is an example of one of the worst qualities of european football today...agents have more power then everyone realizes and he is a money-hungry schemer...

i would rather have him nowhere near this club....

i encourage everyone to read up on him and find out...

You're right, he's a scum-bag. But he is considered to be the world's "super-agent" and only deals with paixtarades! So if he represents Salpi it means 2 things: 1) He rates Salpi highly, (2) Salpi is on the verge of making big bucks, whether he re-signs with PAO or makes a big move.

So from a players perspective, if Zahavi wants you you're made!

Kinda like the Don King of football.

Archived