Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

However Kostantinou is a kreas.. never liked him and glad he left...

yeah true. I put him down as a good signing though, because he did excel us in the CL that one year and the last year at PAO he was our top scorer. But his ridiculous cost and frequent bad games kept him down.

Definitly in the last season our signings improved. No really bad signings this year except for Enarkahire who didnt work it out. Hopefully well keep that going into the summer. It would be great for next year to win the title, hopefully that would force them to pay up on Ivanschitz.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ivan must stay.. i hope tzigger knows that.. alles tetoies m.lakies den tha tis anextei kanenas panathinaikos filathlos... if ivan costs 2 millions euro.. tzigger must to give those money... whatever ivan costs.. hes our next psixara-trifillara-igetis!!!

IVAN-PSYXARA-GIA-PANTA-TRIFILLARA!!!!

Bryce Moon sounds interesting. He will go through a trial period apparently.

If this rumor is true, the team is looking (justifiably) for a RFB. I read through this that one of Nilsson-Vintra might be expandable. Nilsson's contract is expiring, so he might be the one gone this summer because I don't see us keeping three RBs on the roster.

Bryce Moon sounds interesting. He will go through a trial period apparently.

If this rumor is true, the team is looking (justifiably) for a RFB. I read through this that one of Nilsson-Vintra might be expandable. Nilsson's contract is expiring, so he might be the one gone this summer because I don't see us keeping three RBs on the roster.

I wouldnt be so sure.

Right now we got Spyropoulos on the left side and Nilson and Vyntra on the right side. Seric is leaving and i doubt Darlas will be playing next season for us. Either he goes free or he will be loaned. Under this circumstances i think both Vyntra and Nilson will be staying. Vyntra will be more of a sub for Left or right and Nilso be starter. With Moon in the team we will have a backup for both sides each.

Probably if he comes out to be great as Spyropoulos both Vyntra and Nilson will become backups

Does anyone remember Panathinaikos buying players from Xanthi or Larissa?? Please post a list if you do.

I was just thinking how there are teams that feed Olympiakos or Panathinaikos with players, and how there are teams that only feed one of the two exclusivelly... I might be wrong, but I don't remember the last player we bought from Xanthi or Larissa...

I dont like these rumors, most of these rumors are highly unlikely Id say...

Odonkor? In our dreams...why on earth would he leave Spain for PAO....hell get a billion better offers from bigger clubs before we could get him...

Kalidic: Sounds ok...but why buy another "promising striker" when we need proven results or something with experience in Greece - or at least better than Croatian league..

Cardoso - replace Tziolis with this guy? I think its a great idea... :tup:

Denis ? Another fancy no name Argentine with an attitude? No thanks. If theres an Argetnine player worth spending a lot of money on to bring to Greece - PAO wouldnt be able to afford them.

Cyber: Its strange I dont remember us buying any players from them...Aside from Cleyton and Galitsios I dont see anything AEL have had worthwhile...Weve sent them Kotsios and Kotsolis though....and tried for Galitsios...

Xanthi we bought Malarz from didnt we?

Ha, ha, I forgot Malartz!

Oh, well, I was thinking of the clubs that PAO has good relations with and clubs that they never sell their players to us.

I was looking around the Greek league and I don't see who else is there that we can go crazy for. Cardoso would be a good addition especially because if we use a dedicated DM, besides Mattos, I don't think anyone else we have now could cover the position without support.

I think our second striker and RM are the positions of greatest need. I think Salpigidis will continue to grow, and we need a definite starter next to him. besides that, I think we should have a young player, and another experienced older one (Petropoulos, and someone like Radzinski or Djeabbour) to rotate in easier games. Pap will stay, and maybe Manoucho, but I am sure Postiga won't be with us.

Looking for Greek players that might be available, I looked at the superleague top scorers. Besides Salpigidis and Lyberopoulos, there are only two other Greeks in the top 25 (Choutos and Sfakianakis) :blink:

In other positions, think the talent pool in the Superleague is very thin this year. I see many "project" players with "potential", but no one I would project as a starter within one or two years (maybe Mako of Panionios, but I don't know how old he is). Do you guys see anyone in the superleague we can go crazy for?

Also, out of curiocity I went back to see what I wrote about our transfer needs last summer. Most If what I thought we needed, the club tried to address.

My words back then:

On the field problems we need to solve:

1- Better play on high balls (GK, 2 new CBs, and a tall forward would help)

2 - A new LB

3 - Need better offensive contribution from our midfield. At least 4 goals for each midfielder would be good.

4 - Better scoring from the third and forth striker. Only Salpi and Pap scored this year.

http://clubs.phantis.com/sports/index.php?...showtopic=10515

So far,

1 - We never addressed the "high balls" issue. It has been a glaring weakness this season. We need height at CB, CF, and somewhere in midfield. We also got a short goalkeeper so we'll be in the market for another one this summer.

2 - We plugged our LB position (I expect Spyropoulos to improve a lot next season)

3 - We did not get *any* goals to write home from our midfielders

4 -We never found a solution to the second striker although we changed many players since then.

I am sure we'll have more time and many outrageous names to ponder in the coming months. It's good to dream though...

i'd rather spend 1,5 - 2 ek for ivan than this guys Kalinic..

Croatian league is horrible....if we pass Ivan up for this guy were in deep trouble...Ivan actually fills in the gap for our midfield and does the creative work so that strikers can get chances.....honestly the guy's value is going to nearly double after the Euro...how stupid can you be not to sign him when hes our best player, a fan favourite, and declared I WANT TO STAY... If we lose him, I think PEK should be organizing action to boycott..

Croatian league is horrible....if we pass Ivan up for this guy were in deep trouble...Ivan actually fills in the gap for our midfield and does the creative work so that strikers can get chances.....honestly the guy's value is going to nearly double after the Euro...how stupid can you be not to sign him when hes our best player, a fan favourite, and declared I WANT TO STAY... If we lose him, I think PEK should be organizing action to boycott..

im saying the same thing... we need to sign him now.. before euro... g.miete o tzigger...

i have heard kalinic is a great talent...why we still havent signed ivan, i dont know...

my best guess is that Ivan is asking for more money after a very succesful season.

if pao don't come up with the goods .. bye bye ivan..

lets hope he stays...

i think gonzalez should get the boot and perhaps look for another play maker to replace him

Archived