Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

zahavi is coming to greece because he knows he can get away with all the scandal that he pulls and no one will say one word...he will make a quick buck and no one will make a fuss...i have a friend who is a football agent, they look at players like pieces of meat, especially ones like zahavi...

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zahavi is coming to greece because he knows he can get away with all the scandal that he pulls and no one will say one word...he will make a quick buck and no one will make a fuss...i have a friend who is a football agent, they look at players like pieces of meat, especially ones like zahavi...

But the footballers aren't victims in all this. They can chose to stay at a given club, or accept a lower contract at team x than team y, because it would be better for his career, for example. They get a huge signing on fee and they are happy with the arrangement. So Agents view players as a piece of meat, while players view them as a tool for getting what they want. A mutually-advantageous relationship. Clubs also look at employees as pieces of meat... look at the sacking of Lemonis. Not a 2nd thought about his dedication to the club, BANG "you're sacked"!!!

The only victims in all this are the fans that fanatically love and follow their teams.

just goes to show what a privelage it is to have salpi on our team..

zahavi is the agent of a lot of big names in football.. rio fernidand, yakubu veron.. and many more..

all big names!

i think he is a very good agent although he has a repuation of not being one due to his fall out with chelsea

he must rate salpi very highly to be his agent and he can make pao a lot of money and put salpi in a big epl club..

lets not bag zahavi.. he is the best jew i know lol

Salpi is a classy striker. He seems to have improved this year and looks like a more rounded player, and he is still young (27).

He has always been at the top scorer's list, he is durable, he works hard on and off the field, and I think this agent guy saw the potential of Salpi doing well in the Euro08 where I don't see how he can be denied a starting spot.

can zahavi brings us Yakubu??? :D

that would be awesome.....Yakubu lovvvvvvves OSFP matches :LOL: :tup:

We need new strikers, new right back is about time, we need midfielders that can create too.....an ACM just to have around........

We need to lose players and replace them with much stronger players.

Pap (did good today, but hes due to leave and we need to UP the overall level of quality)

Seric - overpaid, and a backup, poor performances (LOSE HIM)

Malarz - not going to get the #1, lets get a new #1 keeper to test out with Galinovic of better quality, and let the youth be the 3rd keeper.

Postiga - let him go, well get somebody better and more long term

Eki Gonzalez - started great, then that faded and he was playing average on his best days. then injured, now back and playing OK, but his attitude is still ridiculous. He should start looking elsewhere, we cant use his walkouts and immaturity when were competing for a title. If Eki played or at least came on who know what difference could have been made today......(still he shoudlnt have played acting like that so i support Jose decision to not include him)

a player who doesnt play for the team in its most important times needs to go elsewhere. We have enough other problems to worry about.

Who Id like to see:

Another Manolis type player - strong and powerful and FAST goalscorer. Salpi needs a better partner.

A good right back - Vyntra is impressing this year but we need top class instead of Vyntra and Nilsson. Vyntra will be ready to move abroad anyways I feel.

Ivanschitz - not a replaceable player ( not easily replaced rather ) we need him permanently

a new Goalkeeper - somebody to challenge Galinovic at least on that starting spot....

Radzinski - I dont care what you say, Polish strikers and PAO go great together. Even if hes old, he finishes chances and always seems to get them. Obviously hes no Vazexa......but seeing him today reminded me of him a bit......scoring them and making them look simple, having the scorers touch.....and being Polish of course :LOL:

i dont think ivan will go to la coruna... the team is bad the last years... pao is way better than depor... thats my opinion! :)

that would be awesome.....Yakubu lovvvvvvves OSFP matches :LOL: :tup:

We need new strikers, new right back is about time, we need midfielders that can create too.....an ACM just to have around........

We need to lose players and replace them with much stronger players.

Pap (did good today, but hes due to leave and we need to UP the overall level of quality)

Seric - overpaid, and a backup, poor performances (LOSE HIM)

Malarz - not going to get the #1, lets get a new #1 keeper to test out with Galinovic of better quality, and let the youth be the 3rd keeper.

Postiga - let him go, well get somebody better and more long term

Eki Gonzalez - started great, then that faded and he was playing average on his best days. then injured, now back and playing OK, but his attitude is still ridiculous. He should start looking elsewhere, we cant use his walkouts and immaturity when were competing for a title. If Eki played or at least came on who know what difference could have been made today......(still he shoudlnt have played acting like that so i support Jose decision to not include him)

a player who doesnt play for the team in its most important times needs to go elsewhere. We have enough other problems to worry about.

Who Id like to see:

Another Manolis type player - strong and powerful and FAST goalscorer. Salpi needs a better partner.

A good right back - Vyntra is impressing this year but we need top class instead of Vyntra and Nilsson. Vyntra will be ready to move abroad anyways I feel.

Ivanschitz - not a replaceable player ( not easily replaced rather ) we need him permanently

a new Goalkeeper - somebody to challenge Galinovic at least on that starting spot....

Radzinski - I dont care what you say, Polish strikers and PAO go great together. Even if hes old, he finishes chances and always seems to get them. Obviously hes no Vazexa......but seeing him today reminded me of him a bit......scoring them and making them look simple, having the scorers touch.....and being Polish of course :LOL:

can i disagree about postiga? i feel next year this player going to be our star.. exei kati pano tou pou maresei (im not gay) :LOL:

as for goalkeepers.. i would like to keep galinovic and malarz.. both are great.. but i would buy Daskalaki from Ergoteli.. hes young.. very talented.. and hes going to be our next goalie for ethniki!! hes a great goalkeeper for his age!

can we loan for the next 5 games radzinski??? :P

we have to keep ivan.. i dont care how much hes going to cost...

someone has to talk to kara how to take the free kicks... hes useless...

we need RB... and one more striker... pap has to go tho... he cant score for s%$#! and he cant do a drible for s%$#! too! :P

speaking of Ergotelis, they might be going down and I think PAO should look into raiding the good players they have...

Ogunsoto is a rampant goalscorer and FAST and finisher.

we should sign him, i think he could develop into an even better player, and he is cheap we could always put him on the bench if he doesnt make it. But we know the guy is a xazogkolis and quick....we have nothing next season, we need a few strikers and he could be a great option to have, if not as a striker than as a 4th striker and make him earn his first team spot. Its not like hes gonna be that expensive anyways.

Another great player on ergotelis is Kiliaras who is like 21.....scored yesterday too and had some beautiful goals last year caught everybodys eye....Ogunsoto has a few goals since returning to Crete too...

And yes, thank you for noticing Karagkounis is HOPELESS on free kicks. Honestly, pay attention to how many corners dont find anybody from karagkounis....there all ways low - near post and cleared. Hes just not a good set peice taker. Like Papadopoulos, who is an awful penalty taker.

Every set peice counts, have the best on the team do it. If Jose thinks Kara is the best on the team, then he needs to pay attention more to the games. There all thrown away possesions. Even on the right side - have Ivanschitz take them with his left....its still very dangerous in-bending.

As for Postiga - hes ok, but hes not fantastic or a super player IMO - we can go find better, and at a better price.

drakos

i have been saying for YEARS that pao has a big weakness on set pieces in general

only this season i have seen a slight improvement with mattos. but corners are still generally poor and its a shame bc we have some good tall players to aim the ball at now and as always goumas who can be a goal sneak

speaking of Ergotelis, they might be going down and I think PAO should look into raiding the good players they have...

Ogunsoto is a rampant goalscorer and FAST and finisher.

we should sign him, i think he could develop into an even better player, and he is cheap we could always put him on the bench if he doesnt make it. But we know the guy is a xazogkolis and quick....we have nothing next season, we need a few strikers and he could be a great option to have, if not as a striker than as a 4th striker and make him earn his first team spot. Its not like hes gonna be that expensive anyways.

Another great player on ergotelis is Kiliaras who is like 21.....scored yesterday too and had some beautiful goals last year caught everybodys eye....Ogunsoto has a few goals since returning to Crete too...

And yes, thank you for noticing Karagkounis is HOPELESS on free kicks. Honestly, pay attention to how many corners dont find anybody from karagkounis....there all ways low - near post and cleared. Hes just not a good set peice taker. Like Papadopoulos, who is an awful penalty taker.

Every set peice counts, have the best on the team do it. If Jose thinks Kara is the best on the team, then he needs to pay attention more to the games. There all thrown away possesions. Even on the right side - have Ivanschitz take them with his left....its still very dangerous in-bending.

As for Postiga - hes ok, but hes not fantastic or a super player IMO - we can go find better, and at a better price.

last year i also liked koiliara but this year exei polles "metaptoseis".. one game hes great.. another game is mediocre... and hes not playing much this year.. hes not a "statheros" paixtis..

PS. im crazy with Giantsis from Irakli... very good player... i hope we getting him.. for a greek striker he has a very good technic!

Bad news from Austria: Iv transfer

I 've lived in Austria, so I can say that Krone is not the most reliable paper in the world. However, it does sound believable and the player's manager said that Iv probably should get used to the idea that he might have to return to Salzburg. On the other hand, it also sounds like a strategy that PAO might follow: the player wants to stay and they might hope that this should be enough to blackmail Salzburg and sign the player for practically nothing. However, Iv has a contract with them till June 2009 and, if he gets back, he will eventually have to play, in order not to ruin his chances for a new contract with a decent club and lose his spot in the NT. So, Salzburg can blackmail Iv as well, even if they don't have offers from other clubs. Anyway, if, I repeat IF, this is true, I might join Drakos and the rest in rubbishing Vardinogiannis: 500k is a ridiculous amount for sone like Andy!

PS: That South African guy is really impressive according to a South African friend of mine who, incidentally, thinks Morris is an average DC -so he is not easy to impress, I guess.

this is ridiculous..offer the 1,5 and buy ivan...its as simple as that...if we dnt resign him then we will see the true ambition of vardino..thats pathetic that we will only offer 500.000 for him...

The manager of Salzburg already has told that this press information of Krone are not true.

this is ridiculous..offer the 1,5 and buy ivan...its as simple as that...if we dnt resign him then we will see the true ambition of vardino..thats pathetic that we will only offer 500.000 for him...

not resigning a player like Ivanschitz is incredibly stupid.

We have the WORST talent scouts out of all big clubs (for aged players - NOT for youth pitsirikous where we have great scouts)

There are so many costs of not resigning Ivanschitz - not only do you have to find a replacement (costs money and time), but you have to find one that settles and adjusts to the team ( more time/money spent on a player that cant perform 100% for a while or has a large risk to not perform) and if the replacement ends up worse (knowing PAO's scouts and history of signings its an extremley realistic scenario) then you have to suffer performance, and find new signing to replace that one.

We found a keeper in Ivan - YOU SIGN KEEPERS - because theyve experience on the team, and oh ITS MORE ECONOMICAL.............even if you spend a lot on Ivan, youre still paying less than whats at risk at finding a new signing, even if that new signing is cheaper contract, because your taking financial risk without any guarantee/knowledge of perofrmance at PAO and adjustment - the scouts are supposed to 'eliminate' that risk but they are HORRIBLE and unreliable)

Economics and contracts cant be just about Euros and Dollars. It is time, additional costs, team output, performance, settling in, risk and opportunity costs...Why gamble when you have a sure thing after so many tries to replace Joonas Kolkka and find good midifielders?

There isnt a cheap and easy way without sacrificing your team quality which is a setback in your future finances you jackass Vardinogianni!

Lets have a look:

What happens when you drop your best performing players:

Lyberopoulos - league and team leading scorer? Oh no place for you on PAO, make room for DEBBAH! We did win the year afterwads, but had our share scoring problems in the years to come.....

Gkekas - goal maniac, almost broke the league record for scoring goals consecutiveley. We all know what hes capable of, we let him go on loan. Sure we had salpiggidis - heres an idea - GKEKAS AND SALPIGGIDIS...but instead we got Torghelle on a loan for 500.000. Great deal.

Konstantinou - he was scoring like mad that last season, but was inconsistent the years before. I am forever bitter of where Mixalis decided to go and now his career is practically dead because of it.

But does anybody remember the great chemistry Gkekas and Mixalis had the second half of the season? They were great together - why go and toss that ?

Seitaridis - good job selling him BEFORE the Euro. Having played in a Euro can only boost his price tag. There was absolutley no risk in waiting to sell after, only to gain. You had to be a moron to think Greece would completly fall apart in the Euro after seeing them play great defense all last 2 years and seeing them beat spain and tie portgual in friendly in portugal with 10 men...

awful job replacing him.

Kolkka: absolutley no reason to ditch this player he was one of our best...Ivan is the first thing we have close to replacing him...Michaelsen same thing.

My evaluations of signings over the years...granted some ended up being good later, or good at the time then eventaully being worthless (konstantinidis, Pap) but Im just saying MY opinion overall....

Heres some amateur statistics to play with:

I count since year 2000:

75 SIGNINGS ON THE FIRST TEAM EXCLUDING PROMOTED YOUTH PLAYERS but scouting products off of other teams, note all is approximated and a statisized version of my honest opinion on signings at PAO. I dont think there are too many signings that would be disputed by people here, you all seem to be in agreement of what I gather on the threads.

Note : Galinovic I counted twice, as a good backup (originally he was backup, and now he is first team and a good signing overall)

9 EXCELLENT SIGNINGS = 12 % (approx)

15 GOOD SIGNINGS = 20 %

29 POOR (AS IN CRAP, AWFUL, GIA PETAMA) SIGNINGS = 38%

5 JUST AVERAGE (COULD BE MUCH BETTER BUT NOT BAD) SIGNINGS = 6.66%

5 GOOD PROSPECT (NOT INCLUDING ACADEMY KIDS LIKE NINIS) = 6.66 %

8 GOOD BACKUP (DID WELL AS BACKUP SIGNINGS) = 10.6%

5 SIGNINGS THAT NEVER REALLY MADE APPEARANCES OR TESTED = 6.66 %

= 100% approx

11 SIGNINGS *** THAT WERE TOTALLY OVERPAID FOR = 14.6 %

STATS OF SIGNING PLAYERS THAT WERE AIMED FOR A MAIN OR REGULAR ROTATIO ROLE ON THE TEAM AND NOT A SIMPLE BACKUP OR JUST A YOUTH (^) : 51 TOTAL

8 EXCELLENT = 15.6 % approx

14 GOOD = 27.4 %

4 AVERAGE 7.8 %

25 POOR = 49%

TOTAL = 100% approx

**** OVERPAID = 12 PLAYERS = 23 % of Signings.

So in the years 2000 - 2008 , 1 out of 2 players PAO buys for its first team is totally crap.

1 out of 4 ends up being good, 1 out of 6 is really special player.

Good and excellent signings make up 40% of our signings out of 2000-2008.

So in theory 2/5 signings will actually be worthwhile to our time.

There so should we risk not resigning our best players? No. Our signings are often crap, and almost a fourth of the time we end up paying too much for them more than they are worth and perform to.

Heres the list and my ratings: - remember this is statistic based on MY OPINION. I think its fair, and I could name a lot of crap perforamances and no titles to cite my opinions.

^Joseph Enakarhire - POOR

^Arkadiusz Malarz - AVERAGE

Elini Dimoutsos - GOOD PROSPECT

Panagiotis Fyssas - GOOD BACKUP

^Georgios Karagounis - GOOD

Orestis Karnezis - ?

^Marcelo Mattos - EXCELLENT

^Dame N´Doye - GOOD

^Josu Sarriegi - GOOD

Simao - GOOD PROSPECT

^Hélder Postiga - AVERAGE

Antonios Petropoulos - GOOD PROSPECT

^Nikolaos Spiropoulos - GOOD

^Manucho - GOOD

Saison 06/07 -3.300.000

Athanasios Tsigas - GOOD BACKUP

^Mikael Antonsson - POOR ***

^Sebastián Ariel Romero - POOR ***

^Victor Sánchez - POOR ***

^Andreas Ivanschitz - EXCELLENT

^Dimitrios Salpingidis - EXCELLENT

^Sandor Torghelle - POOR ***

Nikolaos Boutzikos - ?

^Ricardo Bóvio - POOR ***

Saison 05/06 -2.550.000

^Flavio Conceiçao - POOR ***

^Georgios Theodoridis - POOR

^Evangelos Mantzios - GOOD

^Alexandros Tziolis - GOOD

^Igor Biscan - POOR ***

Michalis Siimitras - ?

^Anthony Seric - POOR ***

^Mikael Nilsson - POOR ***

Saison 04/05 +4.115.000

Mario Galinovic - GOOD BACKUP, LATER GOOD SIGNING

Alain Raguel - POOR

Maciej Bykowski- GOOD BACKUP

^Srdan Andric - POOR

^Rudolf Skacel - POOR

Christos Oxyzoglou - ?

Manolis Roumpakis - POOR

^Konstantinos Charalambides - AVERAGE

^Lima Anderson - POOR

^Nordin Wooter - POOR

^Dumitru Mitu - POOR

^Theofanis Gekas - EXCELLENT

Pierre Ebedé - GOOD BACKUP

^Xenofon Gitas - POOR

Saison 03/04 -2.780.000

^Markus Münch - EXCELLENT

^Nasief Morris - GOOD

^Lucian Sanmartean - POOR

^Silvio Maric - POOR

^Raimondas Zutautas - POOR

^Joël Epalle - POOR

^Njogu Demba-Nyrén - POOR

^Dimitrios Papadopoulos - GOOD

^Konstantinos Chalkias - GOOD

Loukas Vyntra - DISAPOINTING/ POOR

Ilias Kotsios - GOOD BACKUP

^Ezequiel Gonzalez - GOOD ***

^Pantelis Konstantinidis - POOR

^Chainho - POOR

^Erik Augustin Lincar - POOR

^Leonidas Vokolos - GOOD

Minas Pitsos - AVERAGE

^Joonas Kolkka - EXCELLENT

^Jan Michaelsen - GOOD

^Emmanuel Olisadebe - EXCELLENT

Georgios Seitaridis - EXCELLENT

^Derek Owusu Boateng - ?

Miltiadis Sapanis - GOOD BACKUP (was backing up, but was fantastic the year we won with many goals and assists crosses)

^Michalis Konstantinou - GOOD ***

Robert Jarni - GOOD BACKUP

Panagiotis Bartzokas - POOR

^Paulo Sousa - AVERAGE (GREAT GOAL with Juve, but thats it and $$$) ***

^Goran Vlaovic - EXCELLENT

Philippos Darlas - GOOD PROSPECT

Wow! great break down of each individual player.

I agree with *every* single assesment :blink:

Thanks for posting this Drakos13. Some of these names seem like another lifetime.

I do see an overall improvement in the last season's signings compared with earlier years. So, maybe our talent evaluators have improved (or got lucky for a year).

The only objection I have, is that you do not have a scale low enough for Conceicao and Biscan :LOL:

I also agree with everything.. and it is some excellent posting work by drakos..

However Kostantinou is a kreas.. never liked him and glad he left...

I heard we are in talks with Ivan's team to buy him and they want 2 mill euros and we turned around and offered them 500,000 euros :o :blink: I don't know if we are trying to get him at a better price but damn we shouldn't play around like that sometimes you insult the other team and they get pissed off and don't deal with you. Although his team said they will start at 1.5mill euros so maybe it worked this time. If I heard that they where starting at 1.5mill I would have him signed already with a buy out claus of 10 mill euros before the Euro cup started.

Archived