Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldnt mind seeing BAsinas return but i dont see it happening, i know he has his critics but so did Beethoven...

:LOL: wraio!

In other news, there is a floating rumor that Morris will go to Aris in exchange for A. Papadopoulos (erasport). hmmmm...

Guys, Lua Lua is not going to PAO and you can take that to the bank!

The good news though is that Ajax have failed to make the CL after losing over 2 legs to Twente. So their interest in Ivanschitz will have taken a significant blow.

Any news on what's going on with his contract?

very silly to have faith in Lua Lua for any connection to Losers 7.

Hes been there a season man. Comments about likeing OSFP atmopshere is not justification for anything man...Sorry thats too much of an overstatement to ignore.

Kota Mixalaki was THE most adored player by PAO fans (even when he was horrible) and he sold himself out after several seasons. Its possible. But I dont think OSFP are serious about Lua Lua leaving anyways.

Ivan is still pending...He should have been re-signed in March :tdown:

That's rubbish. I remember watching numerous PAO games when Konstantinou was abused (as was Nikopolidi), wayyyyy before there was talk of them going to Olympiakos...

We can have a little wager if you like on whether Lua Lua will sign for PAO ;)

Another player that might be good to pursue is Louis Saha. He's a great target man and has said he's leaving Man Utd this summer, probably on a free transfer (or for a very little amount). If PAO wants to be ambitious he'd be a great signing.

Another player that might be good to pursue is Louis Saha. He's a great target man and has said he's leaving Man Utd this summer, probably on a free transfer (or for a very little amount). If PAO wants to be ambitious he'd be a great signing.[/b][/color]

I bet PAO would have had a chance to get them if they didnt get rid of pessero. Pesseiro had links with Quirez, the man u assiant. They were good buddys i think? Isnt that why Manucho came? Im sure Pesseiro could have worked something out with quirez but hes gone. Still, Saha will probably end up in france playing for a team like Monaco.

!?!?!??

DUDE what has gotten into you man...seriously youve been making some pretty far out statements latley....this one is just plain strange...

Mixalakis even with his terrible performances, he play like crap then get one half chance then the crowd would go wild chanting his name. Everyliineup when his name came on the crowd would chant his name the loudest......and i mean every game he was with PAO. He was way more than loved man.

again Sorry DUDE, you have no idea what your talking about on this one This player was far far far from abused when he was with PAO.

Also wagering on signings is something id never do with PAO - 99.9% of transfer rumors are garbage. I didnt say Lua Lua would come, i said its possible if hes looking for a club and its worth PAO considering.

Dica is a player that amazingly has stayed in romania despite him driving Steaua far in UEFA and making the CL and not to mention Romania back in the Euros...

I would be very excited if we signed him..

Drakos what are you talking about? I was in Greece (near the Leoforo area) when Gate 13 were abusing him... If he was sooo loved why wasn't a big deal made of his release? They (many fans, mainly Gate 13) wanted Konstantinou out because they believed his contract was too high for what he was giving, and they made him feel very uncomfortable about it. This is not some rumour that was going around, I heard it with my own ears. He was being abused in the same way as he is by Oly fans now... when he'd be in the starting line-up people would swear at the manager to show their displeasure, etc. So he left and went to Oly. Initially he was loved at PAO, greatly loved, but that love disappeared.

He's a professional and the PAO board f'd him over, so why shouldn't he go to another team in Athens? He's a person, not just a player. If he's set up a happy life in Athens, why should he leave just because Vardino is a pricK? If, now that he's abused by Oly fans and has been frozen out of the team, he leaves and AEK offer him a new lifeline, why shouldn't he go there? Good luck to the guy! Last year he was Oly's 2nd best player in the CL (after Castillo) and this year they've all forgotten that, all of a sudden, he's s%$#!. If, God forbid, Kovacevic gets injured next year should he be branded as s%$#! too, and abused? If he is, and he's offered a contract by PAO why shouldn't he go? Loyalty has to be a 2-way thing.

In terms of promise/potential he was the best young Greek striker I've seen in my life time. According to the British media, Arsene Wenger was preparing a bid for him before he got that first big injury and I have no doubt that he was capable of going to the very top. But what happened when he got injured? Think back kala na doume an 8umase. In England, for example, when a player suffers long-term injury problems (Anderton-Tottenham, Solskjaer-Man Utd, Harry Kewell-Liverpool, etc) the English fans get behind them. They send them get-well messages and support them through the hard times... in Greece they turn on them. The fans have no loyalty, so why should the players?

P.S. Do you remember PAO fans turning on Melazani's team last year too, or am I imaging that too? And don't give me this crap about PAO fans being unhappy at what they see, if the performances are rubbish blame the chairman (as has been the case recently with the diadilosi) but don't turn on the players. As long as they give everything to win it's not their fault if they're injured, or not good enough, etc. Greek fans need to learn to love the players and not the "niki", Melazani was correct, Greek fans are ungrateful.

Haristeas is the best example to highlight this issue: He scored a hugely important goal against the Ukraine to get us to Euro 2004. When we were there he worked his arse off and scored 3 vital goals. Now though you have fans like you that call him "axristea"... how disrespectful is that? You forget the joy he gave us in 2004. Now he's not a good player, so he deserves abuse? Okkas is another example. In 2004 (or 2005, don't remember now) he won the Pepsi player of the year award in Greece. The following year he was hated at Oly. I can understand not rating a player and believing that a replacement is needed, that's the nature of football. But to turn on a player is disgraceful, particularly when he is the sort of player that gives everything, like all the one's we've spoken of... and the list continues = Gekas, etc. Learn to love and respect the players and you might be able to command loyalty, until then forget it.

But to bring this whole convo back to what we're discussing. Lua Lua has only experienced the love from Oly fans, he hasn't been abused yet. If that happens he may very well be willing to go to PAO, for the time being however he has built a rapport with Gate 7 (even if it has only been 1 season) so I doubt he'd go to PAO. Thus, the situation between him and Konstantinou was very different. Lua Lua won't "sell out".

Drakos what are you talking about? I was in Greece (near the Leoforo area) when Gate 13 were abusing him... If he was sooo loved why wasn't a big deal made of his release? They (many fans, mainly Gate 13) wanted Konstantinou out because they believed his contract was too high for what he was giving, and they made him feel very uncomfortable about it. This is not some rumour that was going around, I heard it with my own ears. He was being abused in the same way as he is by Oly fans now... when he'd be in the starting line-up people would swear at the manager to show their displeasure, etc. So he left and went to Oly. Initially he was loved at PAO, greatly loved, but that love disappeared. 

He's a professional and the PAO board f'd him over, so why shouldn't he go to another team in Athens? He's a person, not just a player. If he's set up a happy life in Athens, why should he leave just because Vardino is a pricK?  If, now that he's abused by Oly fans and has been frozen out of the team, he leaves and AEK offer him a new lifeline, why shouldn't he go there? Good luck to the guy! Last year he was Oly's 2nd best player in the CL (after Castillo) and this year they've all forgotten that, all of a sudden, he's s%$#!. If, God forbid, Kovacevic gets injured next year should he be branded as s%$#! too, and abused? If he is, and he's offered a contract by PAO why shouldn't he go? Loyalty has to be a 2-way thing.

In terms of promise/potential he was the best young Greek striker I've seen in my life time. According to the British media, Arsene Wenger was preparing a bid for him before he got that first big injury and I have no doubt that he was capable of going to the very top. But what happened when he got injured? Think back kala na doume an 8umase. In England, for example, when a player suffers long-term injury problems (Anderton-Tottenham, Solskjaer-Man Utd, Harry Kewell-Liverpool, etc) the English fans get behind them. They send them get-well messages and support them through the hard times... in Greece they turn on them. The fans have no loyalty, so why should the players?

P.S. Do you remember PAO fans turning on Melazani's team last year too, or am I imaging that too? And don't give me this crap about PAO fans being unhappy at what they see, if the performances are rubbish blame the chairman (as has been the case recently with the diadilosi) but don't turn on the players. As long as they give everything to win it's not their fault if they're injured, or not good enough, etc. Greek fans need to learn to love the players and not the "niki", Melazani was correct, Greek fans are ungrateful.

Haristeas is the best example to highlight this issue:  He scored a hugely important goal against the Ukraine to get us to Euro 2004. When we were there he worked his arse off and scored 3 vital goals. Now though you have fans like you that call him "axristea"... how disrespectful is that? You forget the joy he gave us in 2004. Now he's not a good player, so he deserves abuse? Okkas is another example. In 2004 (or 2005, don't remember now) he won the Pepsi player of the year award in Greece. The following year he was hated at Oly. I can understand not rating a player and believing that a replacement is needed, that's the nature of football. But to turn on a player is disgraceful, particularly when he is the sort of player that gives everything, like all the one's we've spoken of... and the list continues = Gekas, etc. Learn to love and respect the players and you might be able to command loyalty, until then forget it.

But to bring this whole convo back to what we're discussing. Lua Lua has only experienced the love from Oly fans, he hasn't been abused yet. If that happens he may very well be willing to go to PAO, for the time being however he has built a rapport with Gate 7 (even if it has only been 1 season) so I doubt he'd go to PAO. Thus, the situation between him and Konstantinou was very different. Lua Lua won't "sell out".

For one - i have been to leoforos a lot more when Kota Mixail was around. Even when he played like the peice of crap he was, slow, unfit, lazy - people were still crazy about him, this was on many occasions. Maybe some PAO fans said something to him outside..happens to every player with PAO's situation the last few years. They deal with it. Nikopolidis was also given mad respect from G13 and all PAO fans. I dont know where you get this, but Im positive your getting confused with games where Nikopolidis came to Leoforo AFTER 2004. Youre thinking of time where he already approached Gavros ( the championship year where he was benched as a result of HIM doing so, and PAO fans let him have it AFTERWARDS).

And nobody "f**** ed him over".....he was told to try and find a club, and if he wasnt succesful they could enter negotiations with PAO. He didnt even try to find a club abroad, and beleive me after scoring 15 goals and with his CL reputation - he could have found club in Germany, France, small team in Spain NO PROBLEM back then. Nobody owes anybody a contact reknewal. He had interest from other teams, and did nothing about it, and just went for a few more Euros to OSFP... Even though he told fans how much he loved PAO etc, and even said specifically he would not go.

Hes a peice of trash player and person.....I used to support him with PAO too....hes dead to me now, because after all that blind support and loyalty he repays with a simple F*** you instead of going with grace abroad and (actually supporting his career). Mixalaki is a douche.

He got way too much support from PAO fans, and you seem to notice one tiny instance where somebody said something too him, but you clearly werent around on matches, when the guy sits around does nothing blows a 2 meter shot over the goal and gets the fans singing Mixalaki eisai trella... The management gave him golden treatment. He got insane money, while he simply got fat when he moved to PAO and was so slow and had no work ethic. He picked up his game at times, having some great moments which kept everybody supporting him.

If you dont understand PAO fans hating Konstantinou, maybe its because you have affections for a club and are just neutral. You dont understand how much PAO fans adored him throughout, and his moves were really obnoxious, and he even told the fans about how he wouldnt go, and that he loved PAO.....and then did it. If you seriously think thats ok, well.....go for it. But thats direspect and betrayal tends to lead to hatred. If you caught your friend with your girlfriend? If Dellas played for FYROM? If your favourite Greek players went to go play for England because of a beter offer? Come on...

Enough about konstantinou.... and Lua Lua. I think one season is too early to judge. Also Lua Lua was kicked out. Konstantinou did have options, and was given the freedom to choose abroad and if he didnt like it he could talk to PAO again. Not really screwed over. He was just pissy that he didnt get a guaranteed offer from the bat, even though he didnt earn one.

As for Charisteas. Nothing to do with anything, so just because he did something in 2004 hes exempt of all criticsm? Great thinking! Its tough to remember now, but the period Post-2004 - all 2006 that team and Xaristeas were unbeivable awful....he really was Axristeas then. Its a joke, and he was useless. Im over it.

This is my attitude regarding players. As long as someone is trying, he's OK by me. Not that I want him to be on the team, but a player cannot be better than he is! Correct? I expect him to try his best most of the time. That's all. If the player isn't good--ie. that Schum boy, Zutautas--it's the coach's fault to use him (if he's got other choices) and the scouts who found him.

I do think PAO fans are very fickle.... overly critical. But, the truth is somewhere in the middle.... (not always, but in this case). Management under Tzigger has been HORRIBLE. Mistakes upon tragic mistakes, on and on, again and again. Add that a idiotic and difficult ticket system and you have few fans attending. Success breeds more excitement and creates more fans.

Add that a idiotic and difficult ticket system and you have few fans attending. Success breeds more excitement and creates more fans.

the ticket system was so terrible...

people dont consider the way tickets are bought too....

for many games you cant buy more than one ticket.....what does that mean?

You cant get ticket for your friends, son etc....unless they are next in line to you at the ekdotiria you are going to the game alone........Stupid enough for you? this was the case with OSFP....

Not being able to buy more than one ticket is DUMB....named tickets - STUPID..

Its Fan repellent. The incentive system is backwards and sinister. It doesnt reward anything, it rather FORCES you to take measures....

I mean honestly how can you hire THE DUMBEST TICKETING AGENCY the world has ever seen??? I hope PEK does something about throwing that whole company in the trash. They cant do their job. Honeslty youd think you were applying for a government loan.... Its truly amazing that they make a system, and do not test it, or bother for feedback on it...... honeslty these business techinques are primitive for the Myceneans how exactly in the EU does an organization this impractical exist??!!!

How is PAE letting this agency take a cut of their sales?!??

I hope X-doulo does not go to Lazio (di merda)

I think he will develop better in Greece. He got no time with PAOK last season and only some this year despite his talent..

I really think PAO is best for him... I can see him flopping in Italy, and he needs to warm up for a big team in Greece before he moves on. PAO would be best for his future - OSFP are horrible tradition of not making anything of their youth.....AEK will be OK but I can see him shining a lot more at PAO...Then hell be ready for abroad...

:nw: AIMAR: http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=65778

i would welcome him with open arms..he had a poor season this year with zaragosa but to be fair the whole team was playing horribly...i think he would be one of the most skilled players to come to greece though..id like to see him in green, he could be the creativity we need.

He could be the difference for PAO in the title run. He's a must!

At 28 Aimar would be an excellent signing. We have the money and the CL spot -well, the chance to qualify to be precise- but, still, it would be a huge surprise if the new board could pull this one off.

I could see this going down. The new board is really ambitious, and wnats to get on the good side of the fans.

Archived