Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

Tsoglani

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the way i understand it is cleyton has agreed to all terms, pao and larissa have agreed on fees, and the only thing left is for ten cate to say yah or nay if he wants the player or not

or is this transfer completed?

I like to see us buy the top players from the Superleague, and Clayton has been good for a number of years. He is also young and I hope he keeps his ambitions high and does not see his transfer to PAO as if he has "arrived".

Personally, I am apprehensive about how successful he would be in leading the team. I think he will be a good upgrade over Gonzales. If the rumor that he is going to be getting 1.5 million Euro per year is true, it might piss off some of the other players on the team. For example, Mattos was making half million per year. He would want to be paid just as much if not more. OTH, if they give this much money for Clayton, it tells me that they are ready to sign a striker with at least 2 million Euro.

If it finally works out, it will be a good move for PAO. Christodoulopoulos would be good as well. I am in favor of loading our team with skilled players and not just "tools".

Ninis, Mattos, Ivan, Clayton, Christodoulopoulos, Karagounis... This would be such more skilled midfield than two years ago (it was only last summer that Bovio and Biscan emptied their lockers)

XXX18T

Ten Cate is our coach.... announced or not, i havent seen official announcement, but he basically has already strated the job, agreed on everything. he been in Athens a week and is working everyday watching DVDs of players. His announcement isnt important, hes signed everything, started working already

Some people think Cleyton is crap, I think he is good. Ten Cate has had some say in it too.

From days ago contra.gr

Well....good things in the news. Quiet forums with the Euro, but PAO is aiming for great players.

Gudjonsen, Saviola, Xristodoulopoulos, Ivanschitz all targets for PAO. and Clayton just signed... Mattos will be staying on, and Ninis, Dimoutsos, Nilsson, Galinovic signed extensions.

I think Xdoulopoulos as a young upcoming player, combined with a big name striker, Ivan, big name defender.....we could become like a Greek "Barcelona", with a great range of talent and excitement. Xdoulopoulos for some reason I can see him doing great and being the signature of the new squad..... Though Saviola and Gudjonsen doubtful, I think if Saviola comes, its time to sell Salpiggidis - there will be no room for him - we only need one short forward.

If that's the case wouldn't you rather have Salpi over Pap?

would they pay to keep both? im saying Salpi would be benched, and maybe he couldnt stand it or management wont stand to pay a bench player that much. Id rather have Salpiggidis... But maybe Pap will have to find a nice German club.

Salpi should stay. What's the matter with us? We get rid of our top scorer, ie. Lybe, Gekas, and now Salpi???!!! NO WAY. He tries his heart out and this season when he scored PAO won.

I would not go for any foreigner who has to prove that he can fit & play in the Greek league. Salpi is a proven quality.

I don't care about ANY name, big player. They still have to prove they can play in Greece, so I would never get rid of a player who's been effective. This is not a good gamble imo.

papers say today

Maxi Lopez

and Neri Cardozo

I really hope we dont get Maxi Lopez....he was crap.

As for Cardozo probably a great player. But I really would only want Argentines with European experience. I dont care if its Boca or River, I just dont trust that they can perform with PAO.

Lazaros seems to be out of conention :tdown:

Theyre going to ruin that kids career at PAOK...

Avraam Papadopoulos also re-signed with Aris.

Horrible decision, Im sorry Thessaloniki but your club football is a terrible home for Greece's future stars. PAOK, Aris....Greece is losing out.

no thanks......Argentine clauura defender, a flop waiting to happen.

i rang my friend in argentina the other day to see how he was doing and as alw2ays we got into a lengthy football discussion..i brought up the name pellerano and he told me he is a highly rated centre back in argentina...he told me he hasnt seen him play much but that what he knows is good...i dont know what that means really though...

as for mattos, it looks as though he will be staying with us because HE HAS CHOSEN TO STAY...thats respetable...he shows that he loves this club which is a great sign for the future... :tup:

Archived