Phantis Forums

The Postiga Effect

levendi2000

Postiga has made 3 appearances for Panathinaikos, we have watched enough now to know how he is like. Ofcourse more fitness training will enhance the player to an extent where we could see his full potential. But as of now, has he fitted into our game plans? was it a good move to bring postiga in? or is pao better without him?

I believe Postiga has not adapted to the Greek Game, which is very different to the game plan in which he has been playing.

in the games i have watched him, he has proven to control the ball with good close-ball skills however none of them are anywhere near goals and has to come to the midfield to find more of the ball. he seems to be lost on many occasions. people blame it on the service towards him but i believe so far it has been disappointing.

hopefully things can turn around..

soon... because hes on loan to us..

I think hes a very mediocre player by what weve seen of him. Hes not fast, not powerful has good touch but not intelligent with passing...hes just a name, not a player....would rather have kept Mantzios.

But now Manucho hopefully will be starting over him and keep Postiga on the bench...

offensively he really hasnt shown his value of a $4 mil dollar man

next year offensively at the moment we are looking at Salps & Petropoulos as the guarateed retunees . I'm hoping Matzios loan is just a loan,Paps who knows. Did i miss anyone?? NDoye?? I do believe we need a force up front!

Obviously he's a hero now because he scored that header against AEK, but I haven't seen him much to be impressed. I think the guy knows football, but he needs more time on the pitch. Perhaps now his confidence is up and he'll get more time.

But, you know what? I think he should be given more time than N'Doye. I'm annoyed by the latter. He's either too selfish or I'm convinced he can't score the easy ones! :tdown:

Do you know if Postiga is with us until the end of May only? If so, I wouldn't even bother trying him out.

Guest TheLegend

with 4m to buy him I doubt pao will pay 4m unless he can finish as top scorer... at this rate he,ll have 2 goals by the end of the season..

I guess you're right about the money. But you know, he doesn't have to finish as a top scorer (not even the best striker could do that this late in the season), but he has to show promise of a great one.

Salpi needs a partner up front. Pap doesn't cut it anymore. N'Doye, I'm convinced, he isn't the one. He doesn't have the killer instinct. Let's see what Manucho can do. Postiga should get more minutes of play time, but $4 mil.... that's a hell of a basket full of money...

BUt, no matter how good a striker is, he needs service. Salpi got none the other day. What could he do? He ran, chased, etc, and he watched some long & high balls fly overhead :LOL:

we have to give him more time than Ndoye... Ndoye is a good player but i can call him a "xasogkoli".. he cant finish the easy ones... :P

if he can start scoring consistently then i would like to see him stay but we will see...good start to his scoring vs aek and that might give him some well needed confidence...if he falls off and doesnt score more goals then i wouldnt be devasted to see him go...

Archived