Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos squad

cyberfish

With the addition of Postiga the team is going to be better (assuming he plays better than the existing forwards).

I often read here strong complains about players who don't see playing time. The odds of becoming a starter is very difficult this year. I looked at our players and found that not only some are bound to sit on the bench, but some considered starters by fans will not even see the bench. Here are the projected starters and the substitutes.

Here is a fun game: create your own starting lineup, and add two players in each line (defense, midfield, and offense) to sit on the bench. The rest watch from the stands. Who would you pick???

S=starter, B=bench, H=home

Goalkeepers:

S=Galinovic

B=Malartz

H=Karnezis

Defense:

S=Nilsson, Goumas, Morris, Vintra

B=Sariegi, Fyssas

H=Seric, Darlas

Midfield:

S=Karagounis, Simao, Mattos, Ivanschitz

B=Tziolis, Dimoutsos

H=Ninis, Gonzales, Romero

Offense

S=Salpigidis, Postiga

B=Mantzios, N'doye

H=Papadopoulos, Tsigas

S=starter, B=bench, H=home

Goalkeepers:

S=Marlatz

B=Galinovic

H=Karnezis

Defense:

S=Nilsson, Goumas, Morris, Vintra

B=Sariegi, Fyssas

H=Seric, Darlas

Midfield:

S=Karagounis, Simao, Mattos, Ivanschitz

B=Ninis, Dimoutsos

H=Romero, Gonzales, Tziolis

Offense

S=Salpigidis, Ndoye

B=Mantzios, Tsigas

H=Papadopoulos

Holding out judgement on Postiga until i see his current form

first off, id say the way he played yesterday and with postiga coming this might enhance peseiro to play a 4-3-3 schematic with Ndyoe as the 3rd forward a little behind the other two. as for malarz and nini not starting, i disagree. Malarz is the best keeper in greece and Ninis was top 3 last year in all of greece. when he finds form he should be in every second game as a starter.

on a side note, notice how little dimoutsos has played recently. from what i hear, peseiro is unhappy with the way he holds the ball too long some times and when ninis played in the friendly against ilisiakos, peseiro was astonished with his composure and distribution.

can someone tell me has ninis had any game time this whole season and if so how much, against who

why isnt this kid playing yet?

He came on as sub in the 1st game of the season against the gavroi at home.

He also played roughly 10 mins. (again as sub) in the UEFA Cup match against Lokomotiv.

He may've had a few mins. in 1 other prota8lima game but don't quote me on that.

can someone tell me has ninis had any game time this whole season and if so how much, against who

why isnt this kid playing yet?

Ninis appearances this season:

Uefa cup: against Lokomotiv: 8 minutes. Replaced Romero

Game 1 against Olympiakos: 8 minutes. Replaced Dimoutsos

Game 10 against Xanthi: 6 minutes. Replaced Ivanschitz

Between these two games he was injured and had an operation.

He has not played because the other players are better. Romreo, Dimoutsos, and Ivanschitz have played very well this year on the wings. Karagounis has not played that well, but I think his leadership skills and fighting attitude is endemic.

In the few minutes Ninis played he looked horrible. He could not even stop the ball in the easiest of passes. I am sure he will play at some point, and I think it's good for his career that he is not just given the starting spot because of reputation. He will have to work hard for it in practice...

These are the players that are on our roster with the players whos contracts are up marked with a star. whom do you want to keep and who do you think will be left at the end of the season.

Malartz

Galinovic*

Karnezi

Nilsson*

Goumas

Morris

Sariegi*

Enakrihire*

Vyntra

Seric*

Darlas*

Fyssas*

Dimoutsos

Karagounis

Ninis

Ivan* (on loan have to purchase between3 and 4 million)

Tziolis

Matos

Simao

Romero*

Eki*

Pap

Salpi

Ndoye

Mantzios

Tsigkas*

Postiga* (on loan Porto will make an offer for a price at the end of the summer)

I believe Seric,Romero, Darlas and Tsigkas are gone, Fyssas contract will be renewed if he wants to play another year, Eki will be evaluated these next six months and Nilsson will be signed if he accepts less money then his 550k. Sariegi will stay and enakarixe is gone maybe this month.

i would get rid of all of them except postiga and ivanshitz for sure and keep nilsson for lesser money. everybody else out and sign ONE BIG NAME at midfield and the rest all young greek talent.

i would try to transfer mantzios for nothing less than 3 million and pap for anyone who is willing. Postiga is however up to porto fpr how much it will cost

what are your thoughts and wishes.

i wouldn't say those players are better as the ninis of last year produced a lot more opportunites and would run up and down that touchline.. in the summer when he showed his value as one of the best players at the Under 19 or 21 competition w/e it was, i have not seen much of him this year bcuz he hasn't played but i believe if his form is where it was last year he should be starting with out a doubt

i wouldn't say those players are better as the ninis of last year produced a lot more opportunites and would run up and down that touchline.. in the summer when he showed his value as one of the best players at the Under 19 or 21 competition w/e it was, i have not seen much of him this year bcuz he hasn't played but i believe if his form is where it was last year he should be starting with out a doubt

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Well SportFM just announce that Peseiro told Ninis that he dosen't want him in the team anymore. That is a shocker to me!!!!! It's a shame!!! :tdown:

You should have waited and sprang this on Fool's Day :LOL:

But, seriously, wasn't Pesseiro who said the other day that he wants Eki and Ninis on the team?

I don't think Pesseiro would say anything remotely like this to Ninis. Besides, the kid is not a troublemaker. Always extremely sensible for his age. :tup:

We all said this last season, "protect the kid" don't burn him! Well, Ninis had an injury and a minor operation. He's not even an adult yet, so give him some break.

Plus, Pesseiro is smart enough to know that PAO fans love Ninis. ;)

Archived