Phantis Forums

Fenerbahce Thread

Recent reports in the Turkish press link the Rossoneri bulldog Gennaro Ivan Gattuso to Fenerbahce. The hard-working midfielder, who will be 33 on January 9, expressed his desire to finish his career at AC Milan after signing a well-expected extension to his contract early December.

Fenerbahce are also interested in out-of-favour Christian Poulsen of Liverpool and Udinese hitman Antonio Floro Flores.

Fener Declare Interest in Rino

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fener knocked out by third-tier side

After a surprise loss away to Spor Toto Second Division side, third-tier in Turkish football, Yeni Malatyaspor, Fenerbahce has been knocked out of the Ziraat Turkish Cup at the group stage. The Canaries have zero points out of three matches in the group as they lost to Ankaragucu, Bucaspor and Yeni Malatyaspor, 1-2, 2-3 and 1-2 respectively.

Rumours in the media say the head coach and former club legend Aykut Kocaman is on the brink of resignation.

Fenerbahce finished the first half of the season 9 points behind leaders Trabzonspor in third position.

The Canaries' Turkish Cup drought has been countinuing for 29 years now, as the Cup changed names six times since they last won it!! (Turkish Federation Cup back then, Turkish Cup, Turkish Football Federation Cup, Turkish Cup, FORTIS Turkish Cup, Ziraat Turkish Cup)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• 7 months later...

Since we have no Fenertzide updating us with info in this forum -I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing anyway :LOL: - I want to mention a few words about the youth prodigy of Fenerbahce.

Having worked at Fenerbahce's youth department myself for 18 months, it is fair to say that then-Training Coordinator John Bilton and I have done a lot of good to the Fenerbahce youth programme.

Fenerbahce's youth teams who have not won a single competition since 2000, has won five titles during our reign in the latter part of 2009-2010 and 2010-11 season, including an U15 European Championship title, beating the likes of FC Porto and PSV.

We have promoted Okan Alkan, Gokay Iravul, Hasan Erbey and Berk Elitez to the A team. Okan played 4 matches last season and made 3 assists. He is now on loan at Kayserispor. Gokay played 11 matches last season. He is considered a back-up player for Brazilian anchorman Cristian Baroni. Hasan and Berk only got chances in the Ziraat Turkish Cup but are still parts of the squad, and headcoach Aykut Kocaman is really hopeful of the two.

After our resignation in June 1, 2011, hot prospects Mehmet Topcu and Recep Niyaz have been promoted to the A team. Both skilled dimunitive creative players, it's hardly unlikely both will remain in the A team, but considering Topcu was on the verge of being sacked when we arrived, it's fair to say we've done a really good job with him both psychologically and technically.

Also in the U17 national team, Fenerbahce today has a record-high 6 players, 2 of which were signed by us and all of which, obviously were helped in their development.

If Fener gets relegated -highly unlikely when that Aydınlar's in charge- I'll keep an eye on these players if they get the chance to play regularly.

Suffering heavily after TFF's UEFA-supported decision to ban Fenerbahce from continental competitions this year, Fenerbahce keep losing their players for relatively cut prices.

Emmanuel Emenike, who was signed mid-May from ?9M from Karabukspor, joined Russian outfit Spartak Moskva for ?9.77M in July.

Very recently, fan favourite stopper Diego Lugano left for PSG of France for ?2.9M and Arsenal have unveiled left-back Andre Santos as their new signing for ?6.8M.

After the departures of Santos and Lugano, many people expect Stoch and Niang to leave as well.

There is a known interest by a few Qatari and Saudi clubs in striker Mamadou Niang, and a bid of ?7M might well be enough to take him away from Kadıkoy.

Stoch may opt for Rubin Kazan FC if the Tatari club are to offer the rumoured ?4M for the Slovakian ambidextrous winger's services.

Other players rumoured to be on their way out are right-back Gokhan Gonul (?6.5-7M to Valencia), Bilica (?2-2.5M to Siena) and Issiar Dia (?5-6M to a host of French clubs).

Oh, by the way, poor Guiza has left for Getafe, and even played his 1st La Liga match there, but nobody considers him as a loss anyhow!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

WOW Fener look like they are in serious trouble! What can you tell me about Andre Santos mate? From what i've seen he's quick, gets forward well, has a terrific delivery, but his positional sense when defending can be a little off. Am I completely wrong? I've only seen him a handful of times.

By the way i've just noticed the 2nd to last post you added. When you say you worked with Fener's youth system and you resigned, are you a football coach?

WOW Fener look like they are in serious trouble! What can you tell me about Andre Santos mate? From what i've seen he's quick, gets forward well, has a terrific delivery, but his positional sense when defending can be a little off. Am I completely wrong? I've only seen him a handful of times.

By the way i've just noticed the 2nd to last post you added. When you say you worked with Fener's youth system and you resigned, are you a football coach?

Andre Santos is an attacking-minded left back. Typical Brazilian you would say, comes 4-5 kilos overweight from summer holiday but picks himself up for the early matches of the season..

Defensively he was a liability even in Turkey, but he generally did really well vs Beşiktaş or Galatasaray. He chooses matches to play in. Obviously, he cannot do that at Arsenal if he is to be a regular choice player.

He is technically gifted, his crossing is 6 out of 10 at best, but he can cut inside and play one-twos with forwards when he joins the attack.

He needs to improve his endurance if he is to succeed.

Fenerbahce have just signed Reto Ziegler for $2.7M from Juventus to replace Santos.

I worked as a technical consultant to English coach and coach educator John Bilton at Fener's youth programme for 18 months.

I did a lot of match analysis through the use of GameBreaker SportsCode software, scheduling, arranging visits, sometimes carrying out training and translating if the need be.

to sumarize what happend at fenerbahce this summer.

june 1, they sign emanuel emmenike from karabukspor for 9 milyon euro.

june 17, they sign orhan şam from genclerbirligi for 2,4 milyon euro.

june 18, they sign sezer ozturk from eskişehirspor for 4 milyon euro.

june 27, they sign serdar kesimal from kayserispor for 4,5 milyon euro.

july 3, chairman aziz yıldırım, legal advisor şekip mosturoğlu taken into custody and arrest for alleged match fix. new signing emmenike also taken into custody.

july 14, financial director tamer yelkovan and board member ilhan ekşioğlu arrest for alleged match fixing. emmenike released after court trial, not guilty found.

july 16, new signing emanuel emmenike joins spartak moskow for 10 milyon euro saying he is disulliusoned with what is happening.

july 17, turkish football federation chairman mehmetali aydınlar says fenerbahce can face ban from super league and play in first division with points deleted.

july 24, mehmetali aydınlar says fenerbahce will remain in super league for 2011-12 seison.

agust 21, big flop guiza joins getafe. fenerbahce get 3,5 milyon euro from the transfer.

agust 23, fenerbahce is notified by uefa and tff that they do not take part in champions league this season, and last years second place team trabzonspor will directly join group stage.

agust 26, fenerbahce icon diego lugano leaves for paris saint germain for 3 milyon euro.

agust 28, left back andre santos leaves for arsenal for 7 milyon euro.

agust 31, striker mamadou niang leaves for al sadd of qatar for 7,2 milyon euro.

september 1, fenerbahce loan joseph yobo from everton for one more year.

september 4, fenerbahce sign left back reto ziegler from juventus. fenerbahce pays juventus 600 thousand euro.

september 5, fenerbahce sign striker henri bienvenu from young boys bern for 3,8 milyon euro.

current fenerbahce squad

volkan demirel - gk - 30

mert gunok - gk - 21

serkan kırıntılı - gk - 26

joseph yobo - def - 32

bilica - def - 32

orhan şam - def - 26

serdar kesimal - def - 22

gokhan gonul - r back - 26

bekir irtegun - r back - 27

reto ziegler - l back - 25

caner erkin - l back - 23

cristian baroni - def mid - 29

selcuk şahin - def mid - 31

emre belozoğlu - def mid - 31

mehmet topuz - c mid - 28

gokay ıravul - c mid - 18

sezer ozturk- c mid - 24

alex - att mid - 34

ozer hurmacı - att mid - 25

miroslav stoch - l wing - 21

uğur boral - l wing - 28

issiar dia - r wing - 25

recep niyaz - r wing - 16

semih şenturk - st - 28

henri bienvenu - st - 21

berk elitez - st - 19

• 2 weeks later...

Turkish Football Federation decided to make free enterence only for Woman and children for banned mathes and today 40.000 woman and children were in Fenerbahce stadium :1eye:

Interesting aplication... I think nice one, was there aplication like this before somewhere in wrold?

Here are the game highlights for Matchday 3 STSL game - Fenerbahce v Manisaspor..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg12Di-Cbm8

Turkish Football Federation decided to make free enterence only for Woman and children for banned mathes and today 40.000 woman and children were in Fenerbahce stadium :1eye:

Interesting aplication... I think nice one, was there aplication like this before somewhere in wrold?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg12Di-Cbm8

No, it is the first time in the world that such a thing has been implemented.

English newspaper The Guardian also made a point about this: Women-Only Ban!

haydar, could you please identify that you are sharing the highlights of the match next time, when you share a video link on the Forum? Thanks in advance, my friend.. :)

By the way, Fenerbahce's disallowed goal on 90+3 minutes should have stood. Semih was clearly onside when the initial long-range strike came.

But generally speaking, Fenerbahce was disappointing thruout the game. Alex looked like a dead leaf out there, Cristian and Gokay seemed OK in midfield, and nobody really took responsibility except Dia and Bienvenu, who replaced Dia anyway.

Does Aykut Kocaman have a grudge against Stoch? Why he is not playing, I do not know.

Injuries are also mounting for Fener.. After mid-to-long term injuries suffered by Gokhan Gonul, Mehmet Topuz and Ozer Hurmacı, now Selcuk Şahin may be unavailable for some time as he limped off early in the game.

No, it is the first time in the world that such a thing has been implemented.

English newspaper The Guardian also made a point about this: Women-Only Ban!

Here the news from CNN International about 43000 woman and children fans;

IMO Fenerbahce will go on few weeks more with wins with the motivation of feeling their right is stolen. But for long period i wait a terrible season for FB.

You are right if Stoch will not play now when he will play...

• 2 weeks later...

Spor Toto SuperLig - Matchday 5

Fenerbahce - Istanbul Byk. Bld. : 4 - 2

All goals came in the second half and Fenerbahce got a huge performance from Stoch and Gokhan Gonul.

Volkan seemed shaky in goal, in particular with the IBB's second goal. That could be one of the candidates for the blooper of the season.

Fenerbahce now has 13 points in 5 games.

• 3 months later...

RIP Lefter(is) (Kucuk)Antonyadis!

The professor passed away yesterday, 13/1/2012. :(

What a footballer he was!

"Ordinaryus" (Professor in Ordinary) as they called him.. :(

He's now teaming up with Metin Oktay of Galatasaray to form one of the most glorifying striking partnerships in history for Heaven SK..

Lefter, 625 matches, 423 goals.. :nw:

Metin, 356 matches, 326 goals.. :nw:

R.I.P. Legends!! :nw:

Heaven now has double forward...

Posted Image

Lefter and Metin Oktay were 2 legend of footballers. I didn't have chance to watch them alive but what we read what we heard about them were enough to feel a full respect and love for them. I want to write about their character more than their indusputable footbal miracles...

''Metin Oktay wasn't looking to face of the other teams deffance who makes a cruel faul to him. Not feel anger to him...''

''Lefter didn't asked more than the medication of his sick father to be transffered to Fenerbahce...''

They were both a perfect character which made them different then others. However Lefter has a more special situation which makes him special.

Lefter was a ''Rum'' of Turkey, his father was a poor fisherman that's why he didn't faced with the unfair tax aplication which forced to rich non muslims in 1942'

In 1955 September events his home in island is attacked by rashits he waited untill morning with his gun to protect his family. The other day fenerbahce funs come to island and asked him to give the names of this fashists to punish them in their ways. He didn't give any name because he knew this wouldn't change the reality and will not make anything better. He told work not to see something like this in the next. After many years he explained how he cried for this event because of the disappointment. Lefter didn't left Turkey he played for Turkish National team with patient he gave Turkish name to his daughters but he never reject his Greek identity too. Lefter was a real world citizen and we have many things to learn from him. If we can manage to think in his mind now there weren't Cyprus problem or there were not many problems now Turkey has.

Now both of these players see the respect and value by Turkish people who were faced many bad events at the back.

Metin Oktay stayed at the prison more than 45 dyas with a crime to make military service 6 days less.

Lefter faced the rashist attackes, with the name of the Turkisness who was one of the best footballer of Turkish NT in his era.

But they never left us they always beleived these events were not real face of this community...

He already deserved this monument in Kadikoy which is opened when he is alive...Posted Image

Archived