Phantis Forums

Greece V Cyprus: Oct. 7, 2016 World Cup Qualifier - Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium ( Piraeus )

HellasLEAF

Tzavellas still looking sloppy. Kudos to him though for not letting that ball go out and us ending up in 2-0.

Ref is tired of Cypriot diving and he is not giving them fouls. This is good.

Also I think Tzavellas did sort of foul at our 1-0, but there was a handball previously so no point to cry about it.

Defender fell too easily so made it look like a dive.

30 minutes ago, Amorgos said:

We are not playing well, Cypriot equalizer is on the cards atm

@Nikod @Amorgos in reply to both of u. they have made 1 good classic chance. Stafylidis pressing gave us hte first goal. The guy is legit, at least against worse teams like Cyprus and Estonia, when we need aggressive play.

Tzavellas I agree. Maniatis I agree, but also playing his usual RUNNING DOG role, which is pretty helpful.

Just now, Reaper said:

Ref also missed Tzavellas pulling an attacking Cypriot player back by the shirt meaning he just missed the header on goal. 

Yes he is sloppy. The only chance they made was by his mistake. Like Gibraltar. I don't think well make it to Russia with Tzavellas as a starter. Honestly. Like Stafylidis DMF , u can't use him as a starter vs Belgium or Bosnia.

No they're not gifting us the match. The positive here is even though we aren't playing great we are still up 2-0 which is positive. Now if we can tighten up and control the pace in the second half and make sure we get a clean sheet then it's a good day for us.

Edited by J1078

1 minute ago, Reaper said:

Papadopoulos is just such an alpha.. So superior technically too.. He should start every game he is for for. 

If Skibbe has any sense he will start him for the bigger games against Bosnia and Belgium.  Today we have enough talent up front to put us out of reach of Cyprus.  A few mistakes in selection for this one my opinion but didn't cost us. 

Player ratings 

Karnezis: 6.5. Did he have a single save to make? Very solid on crosses

Toro: 6. Standard from him. Decent going forward, a couple good crosses and clearances but occasionally let the winger in behind him

Sokratis: 7. Solid at the back. Got forward well. Wish he could organized the back four a bit better but has no players shielding the defense

Manolas: 6.5. Good game. Silly decision on the trap shows why he's an occasional liability.

Tzavellas: 5. Get lost. Silly fouls, giveaways, poor crossing.

Staf: 5.5. Why is he playing in midfield? One good pass

Maniatis: 5. So many fouls. No ability to regulate tempo of game

Bakasetas: 5. Anonymous

Fortounis: 7. I like the chemistry he is developing with Mitro and Mantalos

Mantalos: 8. man of the match IMO, even playing out wide. Great finish, albeit from a gift

Mitro: 6.5. Great to get a goal but so many giveaways. Would be nice to see him and the other forward players running onto balls from a deep-lying playmaker.

Subs

K. Pap: 6.5. Beast mode

Holebas: 6. Needs to start. Has courage to take guys on. Still not a great defender tho.

karelis: N/A

Edited by Nikod
  • Like it 2