Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2017-2018)

pash

I was under the impression that the "choose the winner of the league out of the playoffs" was a done deal - is that true? I get the impression it's still up in the air, which to me implies they're going to wait and see if Olympiakos has a 15 point lead around March...

• Haha 1

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/10/2017 at 11:56 AM, pash said:

I was under the impression that the "choose the winner of the league out of the playoffs" was a done deal - is that true? I get the impression it's still up in the air, which to me implies they're going to wait and see if Olympiakos has a 15 point lead around March...

In Greece nothing is final. We don't even know if Superleague will be televised next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Ξύπνησε και ο Πελκάκος και ζητάει λεφτά ε; Λογικό, εδώ ο Νεϊμάρ θα πάρει τόσα εκατομμύρια, αυτός που είναι σχεδόν ισάξιος θα μείνει με 200 χιλιάρικα;

Considering what some of the other squad members are paid, it's reasonable for Pelkas to try and increase his contract.  I just hope he doesn't do a "Klaus" and become lazy afterwards.  As to what Pelkas deserves, I'm sure everyone has their opinion but I would've thought 300K to 350K would be about right.  That of course is on the proviso they get rid of that ridiculously low 1.5 million contract release clause or increase to at least 5 million.

3 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Seeing Prijovic performance the last 2 matches and in Friendly's  has me worried that he may be a streaky player...Like Klaus, depending on being in the right place at the right time.  He was very unimpressive so far this season.

Relax...the guy is an absolute gun

On 8/4/2017 at 5:34 PM, BostonThanatos said:

Seeing Prijovic performance the last 2 matches and in Friendly's  has me worried that he may be a streaky player...Like Klaus, depending on being in the right place at the right time.  He was very unimpressive so far this season.

It's early in the season yet. And I don't think he was particularly unimpressive in the friendly games. He was fine. As for the two Europa League games, in the first one the whole team was horrible and in the second one he looked so worried to score that he didn't score even though he has his chances. I am sure he will be fine, but also I am sure we need another good CF. At some point we have to accept that Klaus and Koulouris will not help the team, they just exist on the squad.

New coach....maybe some new signings incoming, who knows?  We continue to be a well funded bourdello full of cock-eyed prostitutes with stab wounds and c-sections scars.  Not sure what we expect....PAOK is a pet project for Ivan to keep his half-retarded neanderthal son busy.  We're lucky PAO and AEK look like absolute trash, and Olympiakos struggled to be mediocre last year and this year it looks like they'll be about the same.  I don't see their coach celebrating a Greek Christmas this year.  

I'm not sure what it is you don't understand?  I said we're lucky because if PAO and AEK actually had competent ownership, they would both be leaps and bounds better than us....but they're now.  AEK has done next to nothing...PAO isn't much better.  I still think talent wise we are the better of the 3.  I didn't say we'd be the Champs, but with you guys sitting on your thumbs, our chances aren't horrible.   

The problem with PAOK is that we have a rich owner who has no clue on how to run a football club. Throwing money at the problem is not solving anything. After winning the cup everyone thought that we turned a new page, but the planning for the upcoming season was a disaster. I still don't understand why Ivic did not continue as the team coach after a successful season. Not only that, the owner by-passes the Technical Director and brings in a coach because his buddy Vukic recommended him. The results of the coaching fiasco is today's elimination from the European competition as well as the poor start in the Superleague against Levadeiakos. It will take some time to turn this around, but unless Savvidis changes the way he runs the team I don't see any improvement.

I'm still baffled by Ivic's departure (as im sure everybody else is)
Seriously though, what happened?

He hasn't left for another team. From what i can see, he hasn't taken a job anywhere else...

Was it a money issue? it appeared as though he had everyone's backing while he was coach.

Edited by mcp4