Phantis Forums

In other news: Gonzales vs. Mantzios

cyberfish

Gonzalez should start looking for a club. Im sorry but since That first year he was active the other two seasons hes been really nothing special I have no idea why he was so idolized by us, and even give captaincy! To be honest all I remember him doing the last couple years was talking bullshit about how we were determined and would definitly win the title.....callete la boca eki! Now hes the captain is hitting his younger teammates (i dont beleive thats the first time either hes had major problems).....subpar performance, talk trash, high salary Im perfectly ok with him leaving the team. If he stays maybe hell pick it up but he has no right to be captain though.

And Im sure we can find better and at a better price, and espcially with his injury/recovery makes him more of a burden anyways...

I think the media is blowing this out of proportion. But with that said there are players who don't generally like some of their teammates but in the end if they produce on the field I don't care if their is some minor squabbles.

minor disciplinary action will be taken..standard football training bust-up bull..gonzalez shouldnt not leave...he is a good player and we will asses him after he returns from injury..if delpoyed in the CORRECT role then he can do some damage..the problem when he was playing shite was that he was playing in a role that he does not excell in..please dont over react..its a simple little bust-up..doesnt mean the team dont like each other, doesnt mean anyone should leave..its like you punching your little brother..u still like him, but u get caught up in the heat of the moment...relax everyone

minor disciplinary action will be taken..standard football training bust-up bull..gonzalez shouldnt not leave...he is a good player and we will asses him after he returns from injury..if delpoyed in the CORRECT role then he can do some damage..the problem when he was playing shite was that he was playing in a role that he does not excell in..please dont over react..its a simple little bust-up..doesnt mean the team dont like each other, doesnt mean anyone should leave..its like you punching your little brother..u still like him, but u get caught up in the heat of the moment...relax everyone

Exactly what I was trying to say. I'm sure many ppl in here have played on teams before and had these situations occur. Trust me in the heat of battle these 2 would stick up for each other and its just competitive nature that occurred nothing more they will kiss and make up lol

Gonzalez as captain should lead by example... this is not the kind of crap we want our captain to keep getting involved in... First Paps now Mantzios... he's good enough to fight but not good enough to play??? I like him as a player but he's got to change the attitude...

As for the players not liking each other... its a major problem.. you just cant play as a unit & succeed this way...Hopefully Munoz can put his foor down & take care of this babysh1t

I agree with just about everyone here.

Things like this happen in teams, but it is a universal belief that bad team chemistry can affect performance on the pitch. It could be nothing, but it could just as well be the tip of the iceberg; ie. overpaid star bosses everyone around until someone just about had enough. A bad reaction would be the cumulative effect of repeated frustrations rather than momentary lapse of judgement.

I also agree with drakos13. Gonzales' performance for the last two years has left me substantially underwhelmed. I wish I had something more to look forward than blind hope that his performance will be game-changing on a consistent basis.

OTOH, maybe this was just rah-rah of overly enthusiastic guys bonding together :P

Bad team moral can F*** up a team when there's a few players feeling marginalised. The key to unifying them is team-building activities, which the manager should take care of. However, despite the managers attempts some players just won't like eachother, at least if they're clashing we know that there's passion there! Guys probs among players can only affect the team when (1) The players lose their love for the club, i.e. Newcastle a couple of years ago (2) When they enter cliques and that manifests itself on the pitch, i.e. not passing to a particular player. (3) When the fighting interupts the training, coaching and preparation which will disrupt the cohesion on the pitch (4) when 1 player feels unwanted and marginalised from the rest of the squad, i.e. Cisse at Liverpool, but even then it only affects that 1 individual.

As far as I can tell these probs dont exist at PAO so who cares if a few players don't like eachother? As long as the coach, tactics, club and fans aren't undermined it doesnt matter.

On a side note let me just add that the article says that Gonzalez made some 'paratirisis' and Mantsios answered back agressively. If the paratirisis are football related the captain is in the right to raise the issue, then if Mantsio disagrees he can discuss but you don't have a go at the captain for a paratirisi. In which case Gonzalez may be in the right, just remember that before ripping on him... But if they did have a punch-up my money's on Mantsios!!! :tup:

Does anyone know what happened with Papadopoulo and why? Its the first I've heard of it :blink:

Archived