Phantis Forums

Greek Channels leaving Dish Network

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an obligation to the African-American and Hispanic-Amercian communities, otherwise what "Harlem Reporter" whould I be?

So translated the news on the shows and drama series of MEGA are:

Vera sto Dexi-Ring on the Right Hand: FINISHED/FINITO

Epta Thanasimes Petheres -Sever Mortar Mothers-in-Law : FINISHED/FINITO

H Ora i Kali- The Good Time: FINISHED/FINITO

Peninta-Peninta Fifty-Fifty: FINISHED/FINITO

Para Pente -Five minutes to... FINISHED/FINITO

and the sorrow hymn goes

The Good Time you expected when

you put the Ring on the Right Hand (when you got married)

and started carrying upon your shoulders the Seven Mortar Mothers-in-Law

resulted in resizing to Fifty-Fifty

and your life point being at Five Minutes to...

...but of course you can still watch the "local channels" for $25 a month & two year commitment :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and "entertain" yoursellf with the shopping channels :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Satleo reports Alter Globe and Mega Cosmos have stopped transmitting on AMC12

Actually Kolossos its this friggin Betoglou guy that is reporting this. This Tourko (name sounds Turkish?!) is the same guy who keeps writing in to satleo with all this crap about the Greek channels, its very annoying IMO. He is always complaining about something, the one time it was the fact that the channels here have a different schedule than the domestic versions in Greece- well duh?, the channels we get are for INTERNATIONAL AUDIENCES so naturally the programming will be slightly different. You want to watch what they watch in Greece then Go to Greece!!!

Anyway,

I think what he is referring to here is that the channels have been encrypted and are no longer FTA not that they are no longer transmitting at all. I am still watching Alter Globe so if it wasn't transmitting anymore then the channel would no longer be available. AMC 12 is used to get the signal to North America then Dishnet takes it and uploads it to their satellites.

Just more nonsense from this guy whoever he is, just ignore it I say.

:gr:

I just checked AMC 12 Alter and Mega are still transmitting from the same frequency nothing has left that Satellite.

Sorry to say some of the ifo that is reported on Satleo is B/S.

DKSat

Speaking of programming, I had Emailed Ant1 a while back but received nothing yet about Ant1 Gold. It seems their whole schedule is screwed up. The schedule and the shows don't match up at all. I forget which it is, but either the scheduler is ahead 7 hours, or the programing.

And to Harlem Reporter, Direct TV contract is only for 1 year in which they guaranteed (at least me) that Mega would be with them. So if nothing happens with the other channels, and they decide to go back to Dish, I'm safe. B)

By the way, I had asked this before but no one replied. Does anyone know what the deal is with Ant1 not being offered on UBI in Australia?

Actually Kolossos its this friggin Betoglou guy that is reporting this. This Tourko (name sounds Turkish?!) is the same guy who keeps writing in to satleo with all this crap about the Greek channels, its very annoying IMO. He is always complaining about something, the one time it was the fact that the channels here have a different schedule than the domestic versions in Greece- well duh?, the channels we get are for INTERNATIONAL AUDIENCES so naturally the programming will be slightly different. You want to watch what they watch in Greece then Go to Greece!!!

Anyway,

I think what he is referring to here is that the channels have been encrypted and are no longer FTA not that they are no longer transmitting at all. I am still watching Alter Globe so if it wasn't transmitting anymore then the channel would no longer be available. AMC 12 is used to get the signal to North America then Dishnet takes it and uploads it to their satellites.

Just more nonsense from this guy whoever he is, just ignore it I say.

yeh LOL that Betoglu guy is very funny at times at some of the things he says but everyone is entitled to there opinion I guess and it entertains us :)

By the way, I had asked this before but no one replied.  Does anyone know what the deal is with Ant1 not being offered on UBI in Australia?

I did give you one of the reasons why in my earlier post http://clubs.phantis.com/sports/index.php?...25entry129794

And there is also some heat between UBI and Ant1 from the TARBS days but the way I see it if every other network from Greece has signed with UBI I dont see any reason why Ant1 don't either as I said to much politics involved

I did give you one of the reasons why in my earlier post http://clubs.phantis.com/sports/index.php?...25entry129794

And there is also some heat between UBI and Ant1 from the TARBS days but the way I see it if every other network from Greece has signed with UBI I dont see any reason why Ant1 don't either as I said to much politics involved

Oh sorry. I didnt see that. :bangin:

Thanks for the info.

Speaking of programming, I had Emailed Ant1 a while back but received nothing yet about Ant1 Gold. It seems their whole schedule is screwed up.  The schedule and the shows don't match up at all.  I forget which it is, but either the scheduler is ahead 7 hours, or the programing.

And to Harlem Reporter, Direct TV contract is only for 1 year in which they guaranteed (at least me) that Mega would be with them.  So if nothing happens with the other channels, and they decide to go back to Dish, I'm safe.  B)

By the way, I had asked this before but no one replied.  Does anyone know what the deal is with Ant1 not being offered on UBI in Australia?

Grk101, I didn't see you offering any comment on the fact that the MEGA series you have been bursting our ...ears about will no longer be available

As reported for Hispanic, African and koutohorto dispensers, :whistle:

Speaking of programming, I had Emailed Ant1 a while back but received nothing yet about Ant1 Gold. It seems their whole schedule is screwed up.  The schedule and the shows don't match up at all.  I forget which it is, but either the scheduler is ahead 7 hours, or the programing.

And to Harlem Reporter, Direct TV contract is only for 1 year in which they guaranteed (at least me) that Mega would be with them.  So if nothing happens with the other channels, and they decide to go back to Dish, I'm safe.  B)

Grk101, I didn't see you offering any comment on the fact that the MEGA series you have been bursting our ...ears about will no longer be available

As reported for Hispanic, African and koutohorto dispensers, :whistle:

If you had mega to watch, there are more shows than that on them that are pretty popular in Greece. They are offered for download on main greek-downloading sites which means they are popular. Also my understanding is through watching their morning show, they are planning a number of new shows for next season, including one based out of the US.

Also I'm not sure all the shows on your list are finishing this year.

Hellashub,

I don't agree with Betoglou's writings but I strongly dislike you calling him "Tourko"

No matter what conflicts of opinion appear in this thread, there is no room for racial slurs.

Particularly so when he writes using his name while you insult him being hidden in anonimity.

This thread has 25 000 views so far, and nobody is willing to allow you to turn it into an "exchange of slurs" forum

My apologies if you were offended,

I am just tired of this guy and his stupid comments.

I call a spade a spade and to me his name sounds Turkish so that is why I called him a Turk. If his name sounded English I would have called him an Englishman, etc. From what I know 'oglou' is Turkish NOT Greek, just as 'poulos' is a Greek name. Anyone know anything different, please share.

It was an error on my part and won't be repeated again in any future comments I post on these boards. Next time I will cool off first then post my comments.

Oh and by the way, are you spelling my name wrong on purpose?? Its HellasHAb

O Arnaoutoglou paei (to poio pithano) gia ant1 meria;

meta to pasha i ligo prin stamata to poly (mmm mmm) tin kuriaki.

I assume we are talking about the guy from Omorfos kosmos to proi, I read about this in a Greek magazine recently. Apparently his contract is up this summer at MEGA and whomever wrote the article speculated the same thing- that he would be moving to ANT1.

I don't think they will cancel Proinos Kafes but more likely he will be the new host of it. Just like they didn't cancel the show when Menegaki left, they just found a new host.

Hellashub,

I don't agree with Betoglou's writings but I strongly dislike you calling him "Tourko"

No matter what conflicts of opinion appear in this thread, there is no room for racial slurs.

Particularly so when he writes using his name while you insult him being hidden in anonimity.

This thread has 25 000 views so far, and nobody is willing to allow you to turn it into an "exchange of slurs" forum

My apologies if you were offended,

I am just tired of this guy and his stupid comments.

I call a spade a spade and to me his name sounds Turkish so that is why I called him a Turk. If his name sounded English I would have called him an Englishman, etc. From what I know 'oglou' is Turkish NOT Greek, just as 'poulos' is a Greek name. Anyone know anything different, please share.

It was an error on my part and won't be repeated again in any future comments I post on these boards. Next time I will cool off first then post my comments.

Oh and by the way, are you spelling my name wrong on purpose?? Its HellasHAb

not on purpose, HellasHab

explanations well received

I assume we are talking about the guy from Omorfos kosmos to proi, I read about this in a Greek magazine recently. Apparently his contract is up this summer at MEGA and whomever wrote the article speculated the same thing- that he would be moving to ANT1.

I don't think they will cancel Proinos Kafes but more likely he will be the new host of it. Just like they didn't cancel the show when Menegaki left, they just found a new host.

I hope atleast that they replace everyone and the format changes similar to Omorfos Kosmos. :D

What they have now on Proinos Kafes is just pure crap.

I was wondering maybe a move to Alter if he would move. His "girlfriend" (secret) , the old co-host of Omorfos Kosmos, Rania something has her own show on Alter. This year Alter launched their own morning show with Grigori's old Poly Tin Kuiraki host Marietta Something. I dont think it is going well. Last time I tunded into it, the main subject of the show was "My Fish is Gay". :blink: Not lieing there. Maybe they will replace the show.

Archived