Phantis Forums

Atmosphere

DUDE

Which Greek Club creates the best atmosphere?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Greek Club creates the best atmosphere?

• [*]Olympiakos
    • [*]PAO
    • [*]PAOK
    • [*]AEK
    • [*]Iraklis
    • [*]Aris
    • [*]Larisa
    • [*]Ofi
    • [*]Other

Guys I know this will be a controversial topic but i beg you to give your honest opinions! I've never been lucky enough to see a Greek team play at home. I've travelled away with Olympiakos, PAOK, PAO, and AEK (and of course the Greek national team) but never been to a home game. If I wanted to see the greatest atmosphere where would I go? I dont want to hear anything about the stadiums acoustics, etc. I'm only interested in the fans! In terms of the poll vote for overall but please also comment on the following:

Who generates the LOUDEST atmosphere?

Most INTIMIDATING atmosphere?

Most INCESSANT atmosphere, thats to say they dont stop singing even if losing 12-0?

Who has the best Gate? (for example Gate x might be amazing but the rest of the stadium is quiet so who has the best Gate?)

Honest opinions please... Thanks guys.

Its between PAOK and Aris. They have the most loyal fans.

However OSFP have a good atmosphere in Europe but only when they are winning. When they are losing they are so silent you forget they are there.

Fans like PAOK or Aris sing even when they are losing

Its between PAOK and Aris. They have the most loyal fans.

However OSFP have a good atmosphere in Europe but only when they are winning. When they are losing they are so silent you forget they are there.

Fans like PAOK or Aris sing even when they are losing

I've never been to the Kariaskaki, but when I went to Madrid you though Olympiakos were winning 5-0, especially when losing! Also I saw the Olympiakos Necastle game in the UEFA Cup on British TV. The commentators were saying that they had never experienced an atmosphere like that EVER, ANYWHERE in the world. And Olympiakos lost 3-1. So not sure about only singing when winning. The one thing I have noticed though is that only Thyra 7 seem to rock the stadium, the rest of the place is somewhat reserved! I actually get pissed off watching them.

This is a tough one..

Olympiakos - Has the fans and the numbers.... As far as atmosphere to watch a match in the Greek League Karaiskaki is the place to be...

Aris - Doesn't have the numbers in fans but has the atmosphere... I like to watch Aris play at home just because of this reason..

Xanthi - I don't feel is there yet.. Their fans are off and on their "band-wagon" and are not steady enough to where they back their team 100% all the time...

I have to say Olympiacos as my "final answer" :tup:

filarako ama thes na pas se ena gipedo me fantastiki atmosfaira tote na pas na deis mats tou apoel, stin kipro, oson afora tin ellada, nomizo oti ta paokia kerdizoun ton titlo

File mou eho paei se para pola paihnidia sti kipro, kai i kaliteri atmosphera sto nisi vriskete me AEL kai kapote Omonia.

I've never been to the Kariaskaki, but when I went to Madrid you though Olympiakos were winning 5-0, especially when losing! Also I saw the Olympiakos Necastle game in the UEFA Cup on British TV. The commentators were saying that they had never experienced an atmosphere like that EVER, ANYWHERE in the world. And Olympiakos lost 3-1. So not sure about only singing when winning.

i saw that game too and was actually really disappointed atmospherewise. it may not have come through good via tv but given the controversial nature of the game and the referees decision...the fans offered very little. so i am somewhat amazed the commentators were that excited about it.

to me the key in this poll is that i.e. the amosphere in olympiakos, pao, aek even paok games is not what it was unless there is a big derby. whereas aris have a good atmosphere always, even if the kleanthis vikelidis is only half full. plus they always have crazy fans that travel. i mean super 3 and the ierolochites are amongst the best fan groups worldwide. thyra 7 has lost it in the last years. in my opinion a least. maybe this has to do with kokkalis restricting them in europe because he fears penalties from uefa.

to me the key in this poll is that i.e. the amosphere in olympiakos, pao, aek even paok games is not what it was unless there is a big derby. whereas aris have a good atmosphere always, even if the kleanthis vikelidis is only half full. plus they always have crazy fans that travel. i mean super 3 and the ierolochites are amongst the best fan groups worldwide. thyra 7 has lost it in the last years. in my opinion a least. maybe this has to do with kokkalis restricting them in europe because he fears penalties from uefa.

What do you mean they have fan restrictions on travel? Has Kokkali banned them? How many fans are we talking?

no kokkalis told thyra 7 to tone it down in european games. this means less flares, no objects thrown on the pitch, no abusive chants, etc. he fears bans and costly fines from uefa. thats why.

in essence what we saw yesterday therefore will never happen in any cl game. we are talking about the same fans though. ridiculous isnt it...its all very calculated by both kokkalis and thyra 7...

it was funny to see olympiakos riot in crete 2 seasons ago when olympiakos lost to ergotelis. but to see nothing when olympiakos lost in controversial nature to monaco in the cl of the same year although some 8,000 thrylos fans were there.

the same olympiakos fans that threw objects all day yesterday and light flares, smoke bombs did nopthing when olympiakos was trashed by newcastle in uefa cup with two red cards and on first sight controversial refereeing. no ball boy would ever dare to do what he did yesterday against a cl opponent!

thats why i diodnt vote for olympiakos. the atmosphere was good yesterday no question but leaves a sour taste...

PAO in Leoforos was definitly the most intense and best atmospheres....OAKA for PAO and AEK are just sucky....thats why i cant stand playing there...Aris also has great fans when theyll ever fill the stadium..

also id measure in basketball and volleyball where PAO is at the top very easily...Aris might be the best in basket though......

im totally against banning flares and chants....F*** UEFA man. Atmosphere makes intensity, i would cry if Greek atmospheres were as lifless as the Premier League....

theres nothing wrong with flares.....just dont throw them at other fans...

PAO in Leoforos was definitly the most intense and best atmospheres....OAKA for PAO and AEK are just sucky....thats why i cant stand playing there...Aris also has great fans when theyll ever fill the stadium..

also id measure in basketball and volleyball where PAO is at the top very easily...Aris might be the best in basket though......

im totally against banning flares and chants....F*** UEFA man. Atmosphere makes intensity, i would cry if Greek atmospheres were as lifless as the Premier League....

theres nothing wrong with flares.....just dont throw them at other fans...

I agree with everything you said! Leoforo was a cauldron! And I def agree with the F*** UEFA sentiment! Whenever I'm at a match I never think of those mounia thats for sure. The objective is to create the greatest atmosphere you can and that comes on 2 fronts. (1) To lift your team, give them self belief, and inject them with adrenalin every second! (2) Its an excersize in making life as difficult as possible for your opponent! If that means aggressive chanting and the occassional shower of coins then so be it!

I would never do such a thing of course. :hypocrite:

• 5 weeks later...

Archived