Phantis Forums

Perparim Hetemaj

LasseKallio

AEK Athens has made an offer of HJK Helsinki's promising midfielder Perparim Hetemaj, writes the Finnish tabloid Ilta-Sanomat.

HJK's sports director Tuomo Saarnio has confirmed that AEK has made a bid for the 19-year old, but he says HJK hasn't accepted it.

- We have told AEK the price we want for Hetemaj. Their bid is below that, but the gap between the price we want and the price they're willing to pay is not huge. Maybe it can be solved by negotiations, says Saarnio.

It is believed that HJK wants 500000 euros for Hetemaj, while AEK's bid is rumoured to be about 100000 euros less.

Kosovo Albanian born Hetemaj has Finnish citizenship after his family emigrated to Finland when he was a child. He made his debut in Finnish U-21 national team last year.

Perparim is a very skillful player and very self-confident too. Many consider him as one of the biggest promises in Finnish football, and he certainly thinks so himself. He likes to dribble and he also tries to get free kicks to his team by "diving" often.

Last season was the first for him as a regular member of HJK's first squad. He played in 26 league matches and scored one goal. This season he has played in 4 league matches (the Finnish season has begun a little while ago).

The Finnish press has written a lot about Perparim, and he is hailed as a future star. He hasn't risen to star level just yet, but we must remember he is only 19.

As a personal opinion, I think AEK is gambling a bit if they buy Perparim. He's skillful and he has a lot of potential - if everything goes well, he could be a great investment for AEK. But I can see it going other way too: players with that kind of attitude tend to become either big stars or big flops.

• 2 weeks later...

The transfer has been agreed now. The fee was probably about 450000 euros regarding to finnish sources. I hope Perparim will do fine for AEK, and will have a nice career in Greece.

A couple of questions: What has the greek media been writing about him? What do the fans think about the transfer, what kind of expectations do you have for him?

It would be very nice if you could keep us finns informed about Perparims career in AEK by writing a line or two here about him every now and then...

I think most of the Greeks... and I m speaking about 99,9995 % including myself... don't know anything about him ...except his name...

So they can nothing think about ... but just hope... I mean the AEK fans

If I would see him play for 10 - 15min I could give you my opinion about him...

Guest AEK_FC

The transfer has been agreed now. The fee was probably about 450000 euros regarding to finnish sources. I hope Perparim will do fine for AEK, and will have a nice career in Greece.

A couple of questions: What has the greek media been writing about him? What do the fans think about the transfer, what kind of expectations do you have for him?

It would be very nice if you could keep us finns informed about Perparims career in AEK by writing a line or two here about him every now and then...

We dont know much about him so the only we can do is waiting to see. The past year we heard to many good words about another one finland player (makela) but never see him play. We are waiting...

great news and bad news for aek...i have spoken to some of my friends in scandanavia and they say this kid has the ability and drive to become a star..they say he has great technique for his age and alot of heart..definitly someone who can make a difference in the future...the bad news is that i can definitly see this ending up like kone...kone is a wonderful player..great youth, great ability, the two players sound very similar, the question is whether aek can develop these talents and give them some playng time, or if they will see the bench...these two are not ment to sart but should definitl be subs seeing some time on the pitch because they are the future and if they are treated correctly then the future looks bright for you guys...

...the bad news is that i can definitly see this ending up like kone...

eehh ? What . I beg your pardon.

Kone is only 19 years old.

He could not get playing time, because of Santos.... as he likes "donkey-players"

The result was that AEK was playing the ugliest football in the last 35 years.....

So Demis did the right thing... Isn't it Batigol !

last year was a waste for kone, players that are 19 years old with such talent should be playing constantly...tell me you cant see both of them riding the bench...that is the way things go in greece and that is a pity...look at middlesboro, they have a good youth system and they integrate youth constantly...they were injury stricten this year and they benefittted from the little bit of expereince their youth had before coming into the season and it lead them all the way to the uefa cup finals...ii was very sad to see kone not play at all last year and i hope the same does not happen this year and his talent does not burn out...in this day and age, players like kone should be playing regularly

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Perparim has been a part of your squad for a while now, so I though you might have some opinions about him already: Has Perparim filled your expectations? I've heard he's been quite good in CL matches. How about the matches in Greek league/cup? Do you think he will be a regular member of AEK's first 11 soon?

In Finland some people think Perparim should have been selected to our National Team squad already, especially because the NT's offence is suffering from injuries at the moment. However our manager Roy Hodgson seems to think Perparim isn't ready for NT yet.

Perparim has been contacted by Albanian FA too, as he has a double citizenship. They asked about his interest to play in Albanian NT, but Perparim told that Finland is his first choice.

A rumour says Perparim is tracked by Juventus. Read it from here: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...in+striker+link

Personally I doubt that rumour a bit. Hetemaj's agent Roberto de Fanti is known in Finland as a regular tranfer rumour machine, who uses rumours to create hype around his players.

Everybody at AEK things Hettemai was a super choice.

Of course this needs time to be proven but all games he was used up to now he took a good mark and helped a lot

We had the same rumors in Greece about Juventus but as you said... well, this is how agents work ...

We look forward to seeing more of him and the way Serra Ferrer work s... we definitelly will...

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived