Phantis Forums

Antenna Satellite to expand

Oh Great more Antenna Crap coming our way! :tdown: I don't really care for their programming but to each his own I guess. B)

Ziaka, this was surprising news but not what most people are waiting for (Where's Alpha??), not that you have anything to do with that, just thinking aloud. In any case good to see more Greek stuff coming our way.

I am happy to see that Supersport FM will be added to the Dishnet lineup, I listen to this station online quite often. What does Antenna have to do with this however, I thought it was owned by Supersport??

:gr:

So this extra channel basically repeats all the crap on antenna all day?

Ive seen Ant1 Gold in Greece not really repeats just shows Old shows, Classics from the Ant1 video Archive pretty boring if you ask me

Personally I would like to watch some of the old Antenna shows, such as the Harry Klynn show, etc. over the crap they show today (LAME Story ...)

The big question is if all these new channels will also mean an increase in subscription price.

The only good addition might be the Supersport FM radio station like Hellashab mention. To answer your question, I believe the Antenna group is a minority shareholder of Netmed that runs Supersport FM.

Well, well

It seems I am not in the minority regarding disliking the programming on Antenna. :)

In all fairness though, I guess people in Greece like watching this stuff or else they wouldn't be showing it?! Actually, I liked Ta Filarakia, a comedy show that is shown every now and then in repeats and the live theatre perfermances that they don't show anymore. Probably why I am pissed with ANT1, they don't show the only things that I watched.

What a coincidence Ant1 starting a Music channel just as MAD World are starting to Expand there service Globally hmmm....

Is that what Antenna Music is, I was going to ask about it because I can't find anything on their site?? So what does this mean for Mad World, is it still coming? Will dishnet add it, seems they are getting quite cosy with Antenna and maybe Antenna will have some influence over them adding a competing channel?

So what exactly do they purpose to show on this channel, wall-to-wall Fame Story gargbage? Seems to me MAD has an extensive video clip library, what do these guys have?? :huh:

Personally I would like to watch some of the old Antenna shows, such as the Harry Klynn show, etc. over the crap they show today (LAME Story ...)

The big question is if all these new channels will also mean an increase in subscription price.

The only good addition might be the Supersport FM radio station like Hellashab mention. To answer your question, I believe the Antenna group is a minority shareholder of Netmed that runs Supersport FM.

I didn't know they showed Harry Klyn, when was this?

Ziaka, I am quite sure if they add all these channels, the subscription price will go up, I find it higly unlikely that it wouldn't go up. I think they may create a new 'Antenna' package that will have all these TV and radio stations in it. Sound goods, don't force people who don't want it to subscribe to it. This stuff should be off in its own "ANT1 Crap' package anyway. :LOL:

So Antenna does still own part of Netmed, I remember reading something about someone pulling out, couldn't remember if it was Mega or Antenna. They were both shareholders as well as some other private invester who also pulled out.

I think we will see this junk way before we see Alpha, that sucks :tdown:

I remember seeing Harry Klynn long time ago, when I first got Antenna Satellite. Around 1998-1999. They used to have some other good shows such as the music show hosted by Anna Vissi. I also liked some of their comedy shows (Kai pantremeni exoun psixi, AMAN, etc.). If they show thos e shows on Antenna Gold, then it might be worth it.

Don't know when this will go into effect, but the reason why this is happening now is because the original deal Antenna had with Dishnetwork expired. It was a 10-year deal that was signed in 1996.

Well im assuming Ant1 Music would be a Music channel but hey it might also be a radio channel but i doubt it

MAD has the most extensive music audio / video library in Greece from Old to New UBI here recently added 2 MAD Music Radio stations from NOVA in Greece HITS GR and Rebetika and Laiko Stations and there pretty good we have a total of 7 TV channels now and 11 Radio channels :D

DKSat,

You may have posted this information back in December but it was only now made public and most people don't remember what happened a week ago let alone 5 months ago. B) Plus, you were not exactly correct in what you stated:

There is going to be 2 more Antenna 1 channels coming to North America in 2006 Antenna Gold and Antenna Pacific

Antenna announced the addition of '5' new channels to their North American lineup, you mentioned two and one is incorrect (ANT1 Pacific is only for Australia!).

Not sure the point of your post, Ziaka is just passing on news that he heard, something wrong with that?? :blink:

HellasHab,

When i post that ifo back in Dec Antennas plans was for Antenna Gold and Antenna Pacific only no radio stations or Antenna Music .

It looks that they have created the new Channel Antenna Music for the International market

I have no problem with Ziakas post, It has taken Antenna 6 months to announce the new channels line up for the North America market .

DKSat

Antenna is installing new equipment and a new 8 M ( 24 Foot) up ling Satellite dish to transmit there new channels to North America via a C-Band Satellite .

As soon all the new equipment are install thing will start moving.

DKSat

Hey guys,

Sorry forgot to post this earlier but I heard something mentioned on the evening newcast on ANT1 a couple days ago about the new channels they are launching in the US (face it these channels will never come to Canada with the crap CRTC dictators and their 'approved lists' :tdown:), did anyone watch? I was in the other room and by the time I came back I missed the report, hopefully someone else caught what was said. I am just wondering if they mentioned when they will be adding these channels?

Kolossos,

I think this is just for North America now, but as you said once the contract expires in Australia you may see them there also.

It has taken Antenna 6 months to announce the new channels line up for the North America market .

Hey DKSat, what do you expect they are Greek?! :D Greeks move slow but in the end do get the job done!

The new channels from Antenna will be up ling on Tell star 12 any day now.

With in 6 months the new equipment will be install and they will be moving from Tell star 12 to a C-Band Satellite at this time i will not share any ifo on what C-Band Satellite

DKSat

• 3 weeks later...

few things with the last post.

1. the post has nothing to do with Antenna Satellite expanding their services in North America.

2. No such thing as Antenna FTA on 61.5. The only FTA for antenna is telstar 12 I think. The reason what you call FTA on 61.5 is down is becauses this is an ECM (Electric Counter Measure) by the provider to help in securing its signal which they publically announced was broken.

Unfortunately, Telstar 12 seems to be at 15 W, so not accessible for most

of North America.

However, Antenna will no longer show Olympiakos games.

ERT has acquired the rights starting in 2007-08.

I don't know if the coming season Antenna will have the games,

but the season after, certainly not.

Archived