Phantis Forums

players that might come this summer.

Crazy

None of the big teams can afford to develope youths.... If you do that, then you risk LOSING games and that means your head is on the chopping block as a coach... look at melenzani.... He has really developed that youthful team. now he is gone.

Ah re file, unfortunately I agree. There is no patience among Greek fans, and this is a scurge on Greek football.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedia, I was thinking about centre-backs which could be appropriate for Olympiakos. I suddenly realised that matthew Upson was now at a relegated team (Birmingham) he may want to experience the Champs Lge. Why not consider him as an option?

on Prota8lhths coverpage:

Borja: "8a valw 25 gkol ka8e xrono"

i dont know much about this player except that hes talked a lot of bullshit since being here. 25 a year? yeah right. Thats a bit arrogant. Hasnt he only hit 20'something his 70 games in the ECUADORIAN league???? Jackass probably thinks the Greek League is something easy to walk into. Even Sollied pointed out his surprise that this league was much more difficult than he thought. For OSFP's sake Sollied should tell him shut his mouth and work on the pitch......Hes still a nobody for the time being he has no right to spew bullshit.....

i dont know much about this player except that hes talked a lot of bullshit since being here. 25 a year? yeah right. Thats a bit arrogant. Hasnt he only hit 20'something his 70 games in the ECUADORIAN league???? Jackass probably thinks the Greek League is something easy to walk into. Even Sollied pointed out his surprise that this league was much more difficult than he thought. For OSFP's sake Sollied should tell him shut his mouth and work on the pitch......Hes still a nobody for the time being he has no right to spew bullshit.....

Theres nothing wrong with setting yourself high targets. Let's be honest guys, the defences in the Greek league are poor! Henry scored 27 goals in the Prem this year, if he said 'I'm going to score 54 (double) in the Greek league' would you argue? The point is Borja is confident, and thats a good thing! His record isn't bad for a young striker, having said this, from what I've seen he wouldn't be in my first team so he is talking s%$#!! But, its not impossible for a decent striker to get 24 goals in this league when playing for Olympiakos.

i dont know much about this player except that hes talked a lot of bullshit since being here. 25 a year? yeah right. Thats a bit arrogant. Hasnt he only hit 20'something his 70 games in the ECUADORIAN league???? Jackass probably thinks the Greek League is something easy to walk into. Even Sollied pointed out his surprise that this league was much more difficult than he thought.  For OSFP's sake Sollied should tell him shut his mouth and work on the pitch......Hes still a nobody for the time being he has no right to spew bullshit.....

Theres nothing wrong with setting yourself high targets. Let's be honest guys, the defences in the Greek league are poor! Henry scored 27 goals in the Prem this year, if he said 'I'm going to score 54 (double) in the Greek league' would you argue? The point is Borja is confident, and thats a good thing! His record isn't bad for a young striker, having said this, from what I've seen he wouldn't be in my first team so he is talking s%$#!! But, its not impossible for a decent striker to get 24 goals in this league when playing for Olympiakos.
no ill disagree because thats ridiculous.

Realistically the Greek league is not that bad at ALL......

Henry says he scores 54 goals in Greece I would laugh my ass off. Nobody will do that is ridiculous. Especially not Thierry Henry....average in europe, average for france.....Juventus rejected him...Also if I was athletic enough and a professional footballer i could close him down. The guy has ONE move and its so predictable. and yes Thierry Henry looks like an ape, because of his facial features not his colour. So maybe people make monkey noises at him for a reason (or maybe he looks for bullshit excuses everytime arsenal cant win in athens typical arse-nal mentality) and finally, the name is pronounced HENRY. Just because hes from France doesnt mean s%$#!. its an ENGLISH name, and i know damn well if there was a gallophonic Greek naturlized in France we would all call his name properly and not with any French tone. (

There is no direct # to correlate the two leagues. Football quality cant be quantified. 1 goal in england doesnt mean 2 goals in greece- . Im sure youve followed the game long enough to realize that this isnt how the game works. If English league is so far superior literally 2x in skill....howcome they have to work there ass off to get results vs us, even relying on luck? (example the ethniki 2-2, Pao vs Arsenal, even geyros beat liverpoo, newcastle got luck vs panionios the other year...ksanthi just played poor vs boro....) What about regular premier league players who come to greece and cant do s%$#!? Biscan? Did great at Liverpool...Torghelle? Nilsson? even players like Maric played in britain....and he was awful here! Dabizas isnt that great either!

Defenses in Greece are so poor??? Why the leading scorers are usually under 20 goals? Thats funny because Tront Sollied made some great points about the real quality of this league compared to the 'image' of it. He pointed out we dont see big blowouts like in other countries (Belgium he used) look at the scores its completly true....there low scoring, defense is tough. OSFP had to win a lot of games 1-0 or 2-1 in the last 20 mins of a game to win the protathlima. Sollied is a guy who knows what hes talking about too. Speaking of defense where did the best defensive team in euro 2004 (and they were champs) raise its defenders and midfielders????? GREECE.

For a nationalist you really have some faith in the country. The inferiority complex and superiortiy of everything foreingn is the worst thing about Greece. In football and in everything. Turn on the news something big happens and all the press reports is what the ksenos tupos says about Greece (take the earthquake for example) who gives a flying ###### about what the ksenos tupos is saying all the time. We have are own independent state, people and culture who cares what a jackass british journalist writes, its no better or more valid than are own journalism, same with everycountry.

as for Borja-----scoring 25 goals a year? Nothing wrong with setting high targets??? Yes you are right a OSFP striker or PAO or even AEK could do this....but its just not that likley especially in your first season. Saying youll score 25 goals a year EVERY YEAR is beyond retarted or arrogant. Thats essentially saying youll be the best player in the history of this league. WHICH HE WILL NOT BE.

Heres a target for him: MAKE THE STARTING LINEUP. There is Kotadinou, Okkas, Xaris Pappas, Babagida and probably another forward coming....So cut the 25 goals crap. You think Greek defense is poor---are you familiar with latin american league ball? den uparxei amuna. That could be why this paliatso managed 25 goals last year. Im not going to judge his skill ive never seen him play. But 25 goals a year=ridiculous. I hope Xaris Pappas takes away his spot and maybe he could learn some humility and take it back to Latin america. :gr:

the main reason my freind borja will not score 25 goals is amount of games in a season its as simple as that... no defence stuff or greek league is nt tht bad (its tragic compared to most leagues cmon lets be serious)... how many games will he play in the season say 25 out of the 30 games in greek league.. go to english league now.. or italian or spanish or even latin american leagues... where u get about 38 games a season... thts the main reason he wont score 25 games...

i dont know much about this player except that hes talked a lot of bullshit since being here. 25 a year? yeah right. Thats a bit arrogant. Hasnt he only hit 20'something his 70 games in the ECUADORIAN league???? Jackass probably thinks the Greek League is something easy to walk into. Even Sollied pointed out his surprise that this league was much more difficult than he thought.  For OSFP's sake Sollied should tell him shut his mouth and work on the pitch......Hes still a nobody for the time being he has no right to spew bullshit.....

Henry says he scores 54 goals in Greece I would laugh my ass off. Nobody will do that is ridiculous. Especially not Thierry Henry....average in europe, average for france.....Juventus rejected him...Also if I was athletic enough and a professional footballer i could close him down. The guy has ONE move and its so predictable. and yes Thierry Henry looks like an ape, because of his facial features not his colour. So maybe people make monkey noises at him for a reason (or maybe he looks for bullshit excuses everytime arsenal cant win in athens typical arse-nal mentality) and finally, the name is pronounced HENRY. Just because hes from France doesnt mean s%$#!. its an ENGLISH name, and i know damn well if there was a gallophonic Greek naturlized in France we would all call his name properly and not with any French tone. (

There is no direct # to correlate the two leagues. Football quality cant be quantified. 1 goal in england doesnt mean 2 goals in greece- . Im sure youve followed the game long enough to realize that this isnt how the game works. If English league is so far superior literally 2x in skill....howcome they have to work there ass off to get results vs us, even relying on luck? (example the ethniki 2-2, Pao vs Arsenal, even geyros beat liverpoo, newcastle got luck vs panionios the other year...ksanthi just played poor vs boro....) What about regular premier league players who come to greece and cant do s%$#!? Biscan? Did great at Liverpool...Torghelle? Nilsson? even players like Maric played in britain....and he was awful here! Dabizas isnt that great either!

Defenses in Greece are so poor??? Why the leading scorers are usually under 20 goals? Thats funny because Tront Sollied made some great points about the real quality of this league compared to the 'image' of it. He pointed out we dont see big blowouts like in other countries (Belgium he used) look at the scores its completly true....there low scoring, defense is tough. OSFP had to win a lot of games 1-0 or 2-1 in the last 20 mins of a game to win the protathlima. Sollied is a guy who knows what hes talking about too. Speaking of defense where did the best defensive team in euro 2004 (and they were champs) raise its defenders and midfielders????? GREECE.

For a nationalist you really have some faith in the country. The inferiority complex and superiortiy of everything foreingn is the worst thing about Greece. In football and in everything. Turn on the news something big happens and all the press reports is what the ksenos tupos says about Greece (take the earthquake for example) who gives a flying ###### about what the ksenos tupos is saying all the time. We have are own independent state, people and culture who cares what a jackass british journalist writes, its no better or more valid than are own journalism, same with everycountry.

as for Borja-----scoring 25 goals a year? Nothing wrong with setting high targets??? Yes you are right a OSFP striker or PAO or even AEK could do this....but its just not that likley especially in your first season. Saying youll score 25 goals a year EVERY YEAR is beyond retarted or arrogant. Thats essentially saying youll be the best player in the history of this league. WHICH HE WILL NOT BE.

Heres a target for him: MAKE THE STARTING LINEUP. There is Kotadinou, Okkas, Xaris Pappas, Babagida and probably another forward coming....So cut the 25 goals crap. You think Greek defense is poor---are you familiar with latin american league ball? den uparxei amuna. That could be why this paliatso managed 25 goals last year. Im not going to judge his skill ive never seen him play. But 25 goals a year=ridiculous. I hope Xaris Pappas takes away his spot and maybe he could learn some humility and take it back to Latin america. :gr:

Huh? There's a reason the big clubs of England, Italy, and Spain dominate Chapions League. Forget the fact that they have great players, they're league is MUCH more competitive than ours. How competitive is it when Olympiakos wins 9 out of 10 years? I mean c'mon, that's a joke. I'm obviously very happy but when the rest fo the greek league basically folds like they do in the protathlima it's not cool. And every team is gonna have it's good days(especially at HOME) against far superior clubs, but it definitely does not mean they are better or even on the same level.

Riots, fans influencing managements decisions, poor referreing, no competition, poor form for 50% of the clubs, crappy stadiums, little money.

This is not the makings of some fantastic league you speak of. I don't care if Sollied said what he said. The man WORKS in the greek league. What is he going to do? Bad mouth it? Get realistic seriously. The Greek league will never be on par with the English league or any other league because of mainly one thing: money.

the only person i have heard speak the reality of greek league is Iras coach koffidis.. about a month ago in an interview.. on a question of how he perceives the league he stated it in one word... AMATEUR.... and he went on to explain it... i truly supported him there...

Huh? There's a reason the big clubs of England, Italy, and Spain dominate Chapions League. Forget the fact that they have great players, they're league is MUCH more competitive than ours. How competitive is it when Olympiakos wins 9 out of 10 years? I mean c'mon, that's a joke. I'm obviously very happy but when the rest fo the greek league basically folds like they do in the protathlima it's not cool. And every team is gonna have it's good days(especially at HOME) against far superior clubs, but it definitely does not mean they are better or even on the same level.

Riots, fans influencing managements decisions, poor referreing, no competition, poor form for 50% of the clubs, crappy stadiums, little money.

This is not the makings of some fantastic league you speak of. I don't care if Sollied said what he said. The man WORKS in the greek league. What is he going to do? Bad mouth it? Get realistic seriously. The Greek league will never be on par with the English league or any other league because of mainly one thing: money.

i dont speak of it as a fantastic league......i speak of people not giving any credit at all when people who actually know s%$#! about the sport (such as Sollied) point out some important things. No Sollied wont bash it but the guy is not lying, he was pretty honest and didnt expect the league difficulty. If it was so damn easy, why do so many foreign players come here and cant do anything? Of course the bigger leagues are better, point is you cant set a 2x/3x times better because its not true and not how the game works.

@alexch

you are probably right about the # of games i didnt think of that. But come on the defenses are not that awful, in most major leagues around the world its just not easy to run in and score a goal at this level. Why ist Rivaldo driblling the whole team (not saying hes not playing well, but wouldnt he be scoring at a more frequent rate) and such? Its just not as easy as saying it is.

and the main point is Borja needs to make the 11ada before he can talk garbage like this.

oh yeh i totaly agree upon the defences and about borja first showing what he is worth before he goes on blabbing... i was just putting in another point to y he wont (probably) achieve that..

Henry says he scores 54 goals in Greece I would laugh my ass off. Nobody will do that is ridiculous. Especially not Thierry Henry....average in europe, average for france.....Juventus rejected him...Also if I was athletic enough and a professional footballer i could close him down.

Yes he's average... <_<

So maybe people make monkey noises at him for a reason (or maybe he looks for bullshit excuses everytime arsenal cant win in athens typical arse-nal mentality)

Did that s%$#! really happen??? I thought he was bullshitting because he got handled!

There is no direct # to correlate the two leagues. Football quality cant be quantified. 1 goal in england doesnt mean 2 goals in greece-

Dude, are you really saying that strikers like Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Shevchenko, Crespo, etc, couldn't average 2 goals a game in Greece? Come on re file, the Greek league has gone to s%$#!!

howcome they have to work there ass off to get results vs us, even relying on luck? (example the ethniki 2-2, Pao vs Arsenal, even geyros beat liverpoo, newcastle got luck vs panionios the other year...ksanthi just played poor vs boro....)

That PAO team would hammer the current one! As for Xanthi, Boro left 6 players out! Olympiakos would finish 5th or 6th at the moment in the Prem and the rest of the Greek sides would be battling to stay up, including PAO!

What about regular premier league players who come to greece and cant do s%$#!? Biscan? Did great at Liverpool...Torghelle? Nilsson? even players like Maric played in britain....and he was awful here! Dabizas isnt that great either!

File, the Liverpool fans wanted a replacement for Biscan because he wasnt considered good enough. Torghelle was loaned out to you from Crystal Palace, a team that got relegated that year, because he was a reserve player for them! Nilsson was at Southampton, another team that got relegated. Dabizas started off brilliantly at Newcastle but then he was considered one of the worst players of the Prem and was sold to Leicester, second division side.

Defenses in Greece are so poor??? Why the leading scorers are usually under 20 goals? 

Because there's no top quality striker in the league! When Konstantinou was at Iraklis he was fantastic, could have made it anywhere. Remember what his scoring record was like? And that was when the league was stronger than now!

Speaking of defense where did the best defensive team in euro 2004 (and they were champs) raise its defenders and midfielders????? GREECE.

I'm not saying theres no talent in Greece, but generally there's a gulf in class with other top leagues. The tempo is slower and the organisation is poorer. Look at the Final yesterday! Would the 1st 2 goals have gone in against a Prem defence?

For a nationalist you really have some faith in the country. The inferiority complex and superiortiy of everything foreingn is the worst thing about Greece

Maybe you need to look at some of my other posts before passing judgement like that! Being patriotic or nationalistic does not go hand in hand with being blinkered my friend. If Greece made a baseball team and we were terrible, is it unpatriotic to point out where improvements are needed?

Turn on the news something big happens and all the press reports is what the ksenos tupos says about Greece (take the earthquake for example) who gives a flying ###### about what the ksenos tupos is saying all the time. We have are own independent state, people and culture who cares what a jackass british journalist writes, its no better or more valid than are own journalism, same with everycountry

Completely agree, in fact I'd go further and say that actually the British press is the worst in the world! Nonetheless this doesnt take away from the fact that the Greek league needs improving.

Saying youll score 25 goals a year EVERY YEAR is beyond retarted or arrogant. Thats essentially saying youll be the best player in the history of this league. WHICH HE WILL NOT BE. 

Heres a  target for him: MAKE THE STARTING LINEUP. There is Kotadinou, Okkas, Xaris Pappas, Babagida and probably another forward coming....So cut the 25 goals crap.

File simfono, I wouldn't start him. I'd have Konstantinou and Okkas or Babangida all day long! But lets see if he can talk the talk.

Well, Rangers released Kyrgiakos so he is free to sign anywhere and there is no fee. Let the rumors continue to get stronger...

Olympiakos administration is supposedly putting Kyrgiakos in the rumor mill so if they do end up signing him then the fans would have an easier time dealing with him

Archived