pappas, mendrinos, panagopoulos back from loan

out:

schurrer

venetidis

mavrogenidis

kiriakos

toure

vallas, d'acol, dougeroglou, lisgaras, hovhannisian, siderakis on loan

all in all i'm satisfied, but i would have liked to see more greeks coming in. aek and pao surely made more impressive signings this season, but thats easy to come if you think that we mostly improved our defence. toure leaving is a big loss and i would have liked to see a good replacement coming in. but i trust in sollieds decisions and he got what he wanted. we'll see in a few weeks if his was right with his judgement or not...

as for bar7: 7/10 like hollywood posted in another topic. we seem to have covered most of the spots where we needed improvement. hope your satisfied now. :P

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Patrick Kluivert is too good for us but he was released for free by Valencia due to an injury-riddled season and is 30 years old. Would he be interesed in coming here?

Too good for us??? When was the last time you saw him play? He's a bum! He wouldn't get in in front Konstantinou and Okkas.

We are done but, unfortunately, we are still missing a good substitute for Toure. Marko Ne doesn't seem capable to help us at the moment. It's disgraceful because the team is remarkably improved but the player that would raise us up in the CL competition hasn't come yet. Management sucks, they filled their pockets with Toure's tranfer and spent only a few this season #!@%*

I hope they will be punished enough by the reduced ticket demand.

:LOL: its kind of funny that this season some of us are talking like the vazeloi the last seasons. no good transfers, our management sucks, ...

it is a loss that toure left osfp and we don't really have anyone who could fill in this spot (yet). give some players some more time and i'm sure that we'll have the solution from within our team. ne could be one according to sollied and imo patsa could take over on that position too when he is fully fit. kafes also plays better than last season.

and about the transfers, i have a slight feeling that something might still happen, since we can sign free players till the end of august or something like that...

:LOL: its kind of funny that this season some of us are talking like the vazeloi the last seasons. no good transfers, our management sucks, ...

it is a loss that toure left osfp and we don't really have anyone who could fill in this spot (yet). give some players some more time and i'm sure that we'll have the solution from within our team. ne could be one according to sollied and imo patsa could take over on that position too when he is fully fit. kafes also plays better than last season.

and about the transfers, i have a slight feeling that something might still happen, since we can sign free players till the end of august or something like that...

Well, I was among the first who said that our team has improved this year, by tranfering reliable defenders. But, there are problems that would create difficulties for us in the short term. Not only in CL but in Greek league too, because the other two competitors have improved themselves too :

- as you said, there is a gap in the middlefield. Kafes isn't a cosistent solution and, if Rivaldo is injured (knock on wood), he couldn't substitute him without Toure's support. Stoltidis also needs help in his defensive duties, we can't always expect our CBs to do this job, especially against strong opponents. I'm afraid we will feel the offensive pressure to our middlefield soon.

- Marko Ne doesn't seem ready, perhaps he is a very promising player but, judging by how much was used by Sollied in the friendlies, he won't help this season.

- Borja seems fast and has the scoring instinct (being on the right spot, in the right time) but he's very immature. I'm not expecting him to help us in this season.

- Cezar has joined us very lately, I think he won't be 100% ready before a few months.

- Patsatzoglou would be a wonderful gift if he returns but I don't see that coming in the next few months, if ever. Hoping I will be proved wrong but, anyway, it's extremely risky for our team to count on his return.

- last but not least, it's important to make a big tranfer from time to time. Team morale is low and the player that can boost our team's confidence one step upwards hasn't come yet. We are good for the national league but CL needs a little more than that.

Whoever will join us late in the game (I hope he is Ze Roberto or another player at this spot) will not become efficient right from the start. Invaluable time has been spent waiting.

900k we could spend on another player... :whistle:

but we didn't :angry:

thnx god we got rid of this dead meat but, with Borja and Pappas not being able to help right now, we better pray for an injure-free Constantinou. Otherwise we only have (d)Okkas for this spot, which would be entirely laughable...

Borja is not that bad and as Sollied has said is that he is moving and doing things the right way and just needs to be more calm when he tries to finish his shots.Babagida also is going to stay and be a part of the team since osfp has him in our CL roster.If our team keeps attacking the way they did saturday is going to be a season with many goals and when Ouaddou and Ceazar are in the back healthy we will be LOVELY!!!!!Okkas was not great but neither bad and if the ref did not stop him with a false offside on a breakaway the outcome could be more than 1 goal difference.Lucky xanthi.... :P

Team morale is low and the player that can boost our team's confidence one step upwards hasn't come yet.

You have to be kidding me. When they are beating everyone in the friendlies the morale is high, yet when they play against an 8 defensive player team in Greece and only beat them 2-1 morale is low.

You have to be kidding me. When they are beating everyone in the friendlies the morale is high, yet when they play against an 8 defensive player team in Greece and only beat them 2-1 morale is low.

I was talking about the disappointment from the failed transfers and the improvement of the competitors. Solied today admitted that they (Aek, Pao) have made good transfers.

But, indeed, it was an exaggeration from my side.

Borja is not that bad and as Sollied has said is that he is moving and doing things the right way and just needs to be more calm when he tries to finish his shots.Babagida also is going to stay and be a part of the team since osfp has him in our CL roster.

I am hoping the same thing about Borja but the proof is in the pudding. He failed to score in two classic opportunities and slipped to the ground many times without being pressed. He looks overstressed a lot and time may help him, but for now the end result is that he can't help us. Babaginda is not reliable, not a team player and he's not a CF.

Okkas was not great but neither bad and if the ref did not stop him with a false offside on a breakaway the outcome could be more than 1 goal difference.Lucky xanthi.... :P

I think Okkas was negative. Anyway, I used to think that false offsides are only used to stop other teams from attacking OSFP :D

Oh no, we will miss Lemens ! :LOL: Another "kreas" is gone. Is there any left?

Do you think that Karagkounis will help? Will he be accepted by the fans?

I honestly don t think so but you never know with gavrous.. :hypocrite:

Archived