Phantis Forums

players that might come this summer.

Crazy

Versatile Georgian international Georgi Popkhadzdze has joined Hearts on trial from Greek giants Olympiakos.

The 19-year-old left-sided player can play in either midfield or defence, and has earned five international caps for the senior side.

He has many more at Under-21 level and Georgia's coach Klaus Topmoller has recommended the player to add some extra quality and vibrance to the Tynecastle side.

The Jambos failed to set the world alight in their first pre-season match, drawing 1-1 with Austrian first division outfit Lask Linz on Wednesday.

With owner Vladimir Romanov having set his heart on the UEFA Champions League group stages and Scottish Premier League title this season it is unsurprising that boss Valdas Ivanauskas is trying to strengthen.

Popkhadzdze is therefore set to feature in Hearts' second pre-season game against Slovakian outfit Spartak Trnava on Saturday.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Recruiting bums?In the history of our club is the first time that a coach is noticing the problems in our defence and really adresses that problem.Everyone knows that in order to do well in europe you need a great defence and i can not remember any other year that we focus on that part of the team.Players that have done there circle in our team like Mavrogenidis and Shurer and players with injury problems like Venetidis left our team and got replaced with good and experienced players.I dont know if we are going to do well in europe but i am happy so far with our moves.

The fact that it has taken years to attempt to solidify the defence does not mean that this manager is a good manager! Any fool can see that we have a problem with defence. Bajevic wanted money from Kokkali for years to fix the problem but that m****pano wouldnt provide it! The way to measure a good manager is the results not noticing the problem. He bought Zewlakow a full back who cant run, thats going to be useful against quick wingers <_< Ouaddou doesnt have s%$#! on Kapsis, Borja who couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo let alone the back of the net. Domi is a great signing and Ne is promising and thats it! I hope I'm wrong and Sollied turns out to be great, but I bet if Bajevic was our manager last season with those players we would have done better. I'm not trying to start a debate over whether Bajevic was good or not, but Sollied does have a lot to prove!

If it was up to me Bajevic would still be our coach.Having said that Sollied has done a real good job so far (double in his first year) plus he is trying to get players that he knows exactly like Bajevic did.I prefer to wait until the season start to judge if they are good or not.

i just read that ajax doesn't need charisteas anymore. their coach says he doesn't fit into the system they play. and once again the rumours about salpi started with paok putting his price on about 3mio euros.

imo it would be nice to get rid of babangida and dani and get salpi and charisteas instead.

don't know if charisteas would want to return to greece though...

i just read that ajax doesn't need charisteas anymore. their coach says he doesn't fit into the system they play. and once again the rumours about salpi started with paok putting his price on about 3mio euros.

imo it would be nice to get rid of babangida and dani and get salpi and charisteas instead.

I believe we already got rid of Dani and babagita.For salpi PAOK is asking way to much money that osfp might not want to spend on a greek player.Both of them,Salpi and Charisteas they can help our team so i would not mind see them in red and white but to vlepo xlomo kai gia tous 2.

I believe we already got rid of Dani and babagita.For salpi PAOK is asking way to much money that osfp might not want to spend on a greek player.Both of them,Salpi and Charisteas they can help our team so i would not mind see them in red and white but to vlepo xlomo kai gia tous 2.
Babangida played in the friendly against Armenia. I wouldnt get rid of him. He hasnt been used properly! Give him more of a chance.

Why not?We are in the CL groups,we are the greek champions for the last 10 years,we are going to pay him a lot and make him feel like a king.If he goes to Milan it is ok but if he goes to Japan or some medium euro team then sorry.By the way is it true that osfp is going to offer paok more money for salpigidi?

why you are the big euro giants??? :LOL:

although he would be an upgrade for your squad

No mrVlaka,i did not say that.If he goes to MIlan,Barca,Man utd,Real,etc.then he is going to be ''seen''.If he goes to Southampton or Lens then he is not,get it????

Archived