Phantis Forums

NEW CAPTAIN NT

loup

Who should be the next captain of the ethniki?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next captain of the ethniki?

• Nikopolidis
    • Dellas
    • Giorkas
    • Basinas
    • Katsouranis
    • Stelios
    • Karagounis
    • Charisteas
    • Others
    • Choutos

First of all......... HOUTOS?? Are you on crack my man? Or is that a "TYPO" Twoo words for that one.. HELL NO!

Now as far as the rest of the list it's a good list and anyone of them can definitely wear it. I have to give the edge to Stelios though. From the list he has been the one that's been the MOST consistent w/ the team and what he's doing w/ his club team. My vote is going to Stelios.

Katsouranis......

Giannakopoulos doesnt have that many years though he could do it, but we have a new generation and the man to bring us through it is Katsouranis is easily the future anchor and leader of this team. No other younger player is worthy of the armband like him, hes got experience at a young age, a key player and loyal to his club....A true model for Greek footballers.

Nikopolidis would make a horrible captain, him and all his stupid errors hell be gone in a year or two anyways...besides then hed probably transfer to the Turks or Skopians!

Typically, the captain isn't necessarily the most talented person on the team, but rather the most 'inspirational'. The one that both veterans and younger players can respect and take orders from ON THE FIELD. They also refrain from taking stupid fouls, unlike Karagounis. I would say Katsouranis or Nikopolidis, but GKs should only manage the fullbacks, not the whole team.

In the past, I've always had a great deal of respect for Didier Deschamps, who was the Bob Gainey of football. All around decent player, but tonnes of class, and a solid workhorse.

I've never understood why Beckham was made captain of the Limeys. Paul Scholes got my vote long ago for being a solid worker and as one who rarely dove.

Stelios is the Captain and he deserves it

i mean Kastouranis is the future captain

but Stelios will be on the Euro 2008 squad so he deserves the Captain's arm band

wake up this is the future now......

Stelios will be part of the past very soon. Good player no doubt but this is gonna be a new team. we need the professionalism of Katsouranis, combined with relative youth and experience. Thats all him. The sooner he gets the armband the better.

Choutos........... :LOL: :LOL:

Nikopolidis is too old but he was captain vs. Korea after zago was subbed off so if he's still around i think Otto will select him

Katsou is the best suited of all the young players, if Dellas wouldn't be injured so often i would pick him, Giourkas, Charisteas are horrible choices, Stelios is also too old and Karagounis doensn't exactly lead by example with 1 yellow per game

I though Katsouranis at first - but is he really a leader?

I have seen him being bitched at by Zagorakis and others over the last few years - maybe as preperation for the youngster - but I don't know.

He played like a bum vs Kazakstan and got subbed at a critical time in a critical game also.

Stelios and Kara are all out players that are often subbed for - so if they are captains then you need and assistant cap.

I voted Dellas - but if he can't stay healthy I think it will be Nikopolidis or Basinas who seems to dictate what is going on on the field more than others

Archived