Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS-UDINESE

HOLLYWOOD

Game is on the 22nd November....

i belive if we can win this game then were atleast assured a Uefa cup berth unless the gods really do hate us and decide to go 100% against us with other results that should be in a favour 90%....

i wont predict a score jst yet coz i wanna see how will react to the cup lose within the League....

i also belive this is a make or break game for the italian which is a real shame.... Pao will never become anything because they keep lookin for the quick fix, doesnt management ever learn.... i mean there are so many examples out there that a team that has stuck with a coach for more then a year have finnally brought them success e.g Man U with Alex ferg, remember how s%$#! they were when he first started???

and

also there are plenty example from our own back yard with coaches getting the axe withing 6 months... this fu-cks everything up coz the new coach brings in his new ideas and players and then everything changes once again... This leads to Players having to adapt to the new way of things (tactics) and get familiar with new squad members (half the team usualy changes). This leads to the team losing matches and guess what the cycle starts agains with the new coach getting the axe within 6 months... you want proof?? look at paos last 5 years and look how many coaches have come and gone and look what we have to show for it?

i say stick with the italian for a MINIMUM of a year!!! :box:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, what to say.... It depends which PAO will show up! This also means that we are not a great, consistent team. Make or break? It's problably break, 'cause looking at the crucial games we've played this year it's rather disappointing. I'd be more optimistic if I saw a gradual and positive improvement, but we take one step forward and then 2 backward....

Maybe we should all lower our expectations this season.... The domestic league is our only reasonable chance to maybe get to next year's CL... but I don't know, maybe the team will gel.... from what I've seen, I'm not optimistic.....

Simple, home form in europe is very good, and it wont stop there, we will beat udinese, our last results at home:

Barca Draw, werder win, wisla win, Seville win, Psv win, Arsenal Draw, Rosenberg win.

Udinese played a really bad game against milan the other week, lost 4-1, there in really bad form at the moment.

we will go 3 points clear of third place after the game, this im sure.

actually i saw the Milan-Udi game... wasn't like 5-1?

This gives me hope....

We've got to get our defense in order... PAO is allowing too many goals. Udi has fast attackers that can score... and if they do early, I think we won't win this one.. And, we must beat Udi if we are to advance

PS>I would NOT include last season's results in our good streak at home... we're a different team; currently with a swiss-cheese defense this year...... :angry:

PS>I would NOT include last season's results in our good streak at home... we're a different team; currently with a swiss-cheese defense this year...... :angry:

Of course this is a different side, but what i know is that pao has ALWAYS been a fortress at home in europe, and this year pao has proved this statement yet again. At home our swiss-cheese defense has played gr8, especially against barca, if we can stop barca scoring, im sure we can stop udinese.

This comment is in no way intended to knock PAO, but the defense against Barca at home seemed unbreakable because Barca didn't play well. There is a difference between playing well and seeming to play well because your opponent didn't.

I hope PAO can pull their defense together because Bremen is in fine form on the attack side.

This comment is in no way intended to knock PAO, but the defense against Barca at home seemed unbreakable because Barca didn't play well. There is a difference between playing well and seeming to play well because your opponent didn't.

I hope PAO can pull their defense together because Bremen is in fine form on the attack side.

Our next CHAMPIONS LEAGUE game is against Udinese.... :LOL:

Read the topic.... :LOL:

Bremen is our LAST game... :LOL:

Xanoumaki :P

Did you ever think that Barca didn't play well because PAO wouldn't let them? We chased them all over the pitch and made it difficult. Otherwise I am sure they could have played better. So it's not like they didn;t play well of their own doing. PAO forced them to play the way they did and that's what football is all about sometimes.

We played very poorly in Barcelona which is why they scored 5 on us. If we had played just a little bit like we did in Athens the 5-0 would have been avoided.

I'd rather be on the outside than on this inside where all of Europe can see how horrible my team is.

By the way you should look at your team and realize its weaknesses. Whether you are playing against Bremen or Udinese your defense is in shambles and that my friends is a fact. How quickly you forgot the 3-0 loss to Udinese. So whether it is Bremen or Udinese you have a loss coming, mainly because of the defense.

By the way you should look at your team and realize its weaknesses. 

Whether you are playing against Bremen or Udinese your defense

is in shambles and that my friends is a fact. 

How quickly you forgot the 3-0 loss to Udinese. 

So whether it is Bremen or Udinese you have a loss coming,

mainly because of the defense.

Our defense has been a big weakness in the team ever since that

loss in Poland vs Wizla and the majority of PAO fans already have

acknowledged this for some months now so there's no need to try

and drill home that fact.

Our defense was in shambles prior to the home games vs Werder &

Barca but we still held them out ... how's this game any different ?

If you've read our posts in here you'll see that ALL of us agree we need

1-2 top defender signings to bolster that area.

However, in saying that, for the team we have at the moment and

considering our weaknesses at the back we've still made strong

contributions in Europe this year especially at home.

Look at the record thus far @ OAKA:

Win - Real Zaragoza

Win - Wizla

Win- Werder

Draw - Barcelona

Attacking wise we seem to do much better at home than away.

The players feel more uplifted and confident with a very strong

support base behind them and the strengths in attack can

counterbalance the weakness in defense.

Do u forget the countless opportunities vs Wizla and we still put 4

against them ?

Do u forget the great chances Eki had vs Werder with 2 dokaria and

1 saved on the line ?

Next Tues. night the team will be under as much pressure to perform

similar to those other games but the bottom line is the result will be

dependant on how PAO plays.

If we can combine the defensive performance from Barca with the

offensive one from the Wizla game then no way in Hades can we lose.

On the other hand, if we slip up like we did in the 1st game in Italy

then yes Udi do have a chance to salvage the points.

What X factor. The team played horrible today. Sometimes I'm not sure if we all are watching the same game.

If Mantzios didn't score in the first it was extremely possible that the game would have ended in a draw.

And most people will not agree with me, but I will still say that the bad performance, regardless of the score, is due to Malesani. A coaches job is not only to set strategy and decide who is going to play, but to clear the players mind and get them focused on each individual game. He has not been able to change the teams mindset and that is showing on the field.

I hope a completely different team shows up against Udinese.

What X factor. The team played horrible today. Sometimes I'm not sure if we all are watching the same game.

If Mantzios didn't score in the first it was extremely possible that the game would have ended in a draw.

And most people will not agree with me, but I will still say that the bad performance, regardless of the score, is due to Malesani. A coaches job is not only to set strategy and decide who is going to play, but to clear the players mind and get them focused on each individual game. He has not been able to change the teams mindset and that is showing on the field.

I hope a completely different team shows up against Udinese.

thats why the crowd will help pao win....

granted there playing like s%$#!, however i have a feeling they will be focused on this game...

Guest Protathlitis7

says the man that goes for the Red team that has 0 points in CL competition

Tsonda?

I think your confused with ur team :whistle:

ease up. you just came off a severly violent tsonda..

if you dont win this game you can forget about the second omilo just like we already have. and as for more points :whistle: who cares...look at last year

Udine 4 - 0 EuroPao

Archived