Phantis Forums

Dusan - Trodd

alexch

Up till now which coach do you believe qualified best as OSFP coach?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Up till now which coach do you believe qualified best as OSFP coach?

• Bajevic
    • Sollied
    • None

I think its unfair to talk about this topic or make a decision just yet

i mean Sollied has only been here for 3 months now

he needs the summer transfer season and next year for that mattter to build the squad he wants

and Bajevic we all at Olympiakos forget that he was the one that came here and started our run for titles

he built us a team for the next 10 years basically

some of those players that were here is first stint are still here

can't question is body of work

it was just unfortunate he and Olympiakos didn't have a enough luck in Europe

i completely disagree....so far sollied has not impressed me at all what so ever...ok yes i am a vazela..but i do have an logical explanation..

sollied beat a weak panathinaikos team, yes in front of 75 000 vazeles, and he beat panionio, kallithea and akratito...two of thos being home games and the game at kallithea was a weak effort by olympiacos...

as for bajevic, yes he built a championship dynasty in olympiacos...and yes he lost a 0-1 lead in liverpool last year but lets not forget these things....

1- it was LIVERPOOL...0-1 is not a big deficit...

2- the two biggest runs in europe, the two best seasons in the champions league for olym were with bajevic as coach...AEK as well had a decent run with bajevic...

3- for me, in a whole, the soccer i watched olympiacos play in bajevic's early years

was great quality soccer...perfect touches, perfect system and very entertaining...

4-if bajevic was able to bring in the quality of players that sollied was given financial room for, i guarantee you bajevic could have done even better..

and the fifth and final reason is very very very very very simple...

5- THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL, AND I MEAN NO WAY IN HELL BAJEVIC WOULD LOSE TO ROSENBOURG AT KARAISKAKI...OLYMPIACOS SCORED THE FIRST GOAL...AT HOME...AND WITH BAJEVIC...THEY WOULD HAVE KILLED ROSENBOURG..

JUST LIKE THEY BEAT LA CORUNA, MONACCO AND LIVERPOOL AT HOME LAST YEAR.

AND AS FAR AS BAJEVIC NOT HAVNG SUCCESS IN EUROPE....

LAST YEAR...IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT...

HE WON THE PROTATHLIMA, THE GREEK CUP AND HE AMMASSED 10 POINTS IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AGAINST A SPANISH TEAM, THE PREVIOUS YEARS FINALISTS AND THAT YEARS EVENTUAL WINNERS OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.....COME ON GUYS...IM A VAZELA AND I ADMIT IT...

YES IT IS EARLY TO JUDGE SOLLIED , BUT HE HAS TO ACCOMPLISH SOME GREAT THINGS IN ORDER FOR HIM TO EVER GET MY VOTE...

good luck against real on wednesday..and i might be the only vazela that means it...

later guys

we know of his achievments and restrictions alongside, but it's premature to comment on Sollied's work and reach conclusions on their abilities as coaches.

patience at this stage(something we hellenes dont have) Sollied knows his football and is very methodical, although i cant say he's won my trust just yet of course, but i can say im confident and optimistic that the labour the boys are putting in right now will bear fruit, the sooner the better of course. :la:

no vote here.

I call myself vazelas cuz im a pao fan, but i respect what bajevic has done with olym..

lets be honest..you have dominted the last ten years in greece..if only u had our luck in europe though...TWO TIME SEMI FINALISTS...

all kidding aside....Good luck against real..and remember...when we look back at sollied and bajevic...there will be no comparaison...you heard it here first...

i completely disagree....so far sollied has not impressed me at all what so ever...ok yes i am a vazela..but i do have an logical explanation..

sollied beat a weak panathinaikos team, yes in front of 75 000 vazeles, and he beat panionio, kallithea and akratito...two of thos being home games and the game at kallithea was a weak effort by olympiacos...

as for bajevic, yes he built a championship dynasty in olympiacos...and yes he lost a 0-1 lead in liverpool last year but lets not forget these things....

2- the two biggest runs in europe, the two best seasons in the champions league for olym were with bajevic as coach...AEK as well had a decent run with bajevic...

3- for me, in a whole, the soccer i watched olympiacos play in bajevic's early years

was great quality soccer...perfect touches, perfect system and very entertaining...

4-if bajevic was able to bring in the quality of players that sollied was given financial room for, i guarantee you bajevic could have done even better..

5- THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL, AND I MEAN NO WAY IN HELL BAJEVIC WOULD LOSE TO ROSENBOURG AT KARAISKAKI...OLYMPIACOS SCORED THE FIRST GOAL...AT HOME...AND WITH BAJEVIC...THEY WOULD HAVE KILLED ROSENBOURG..

HE WON THE PROTATHLIMA, THE GREEK CUP AND HE AMMASSED 10 POINTS IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AGAINST A SPANISH TEAM, THE PREVIOUS YEARS FINALISTS AND THAT YEARS EVENTUAL WINNERS OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.....COME ON GUYS...IM A VAZELA AND I ADMIT IT...

YES IT IS EARLY TO JUDGE SOLLIED , BUT HE HAS TO ACCOMPLISH SOME GREAT THINGS IN ORDER FOR HIM TO EVER GET MY VOTE...

good luck against real on wednesday..and i might be the only vazela that means it...

later guys

THIS IS SPOT ON, 100% CORRECT.

WHAT NORMAL (LOGICAL) TEAM WOULD GET RID OF A COACH THAT WON THE LEAGUE AND CUP DOUBLE.

ALSO DUSAN NEARLY GUIDED AN 'AVERAGE' OLYMPIAKOS SIDE TO CHAMPION LEAGUES' 2ND ROUND.

ONLY TO LOSE TO THE EVENTUAL AND DESERVED CHAMPION LIVERPOOL. WE WERE UP 1 NIL AND LOST 3-1. WHAT ABOUT MILAN WHO LOST FROM BEING 3 GOALS UP AT HALF TIME.

ANYWAY, THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE MANAGEMENT IS F***ED.

WHEN WE LOSE TO MADRID BY 3-4 GOALS ALL THE PEOPLE BACKING SOLLIED WILL CHANGE THEIR MIND.

ANYWAY GOODLUCK TO THE BOYS AGAINST REAL.

I dont think there can be a comparison...

Last year when Bajevic started Kokkalis didnt want to spend any money so Bajevic took the hit and publically took the hit and stated that he didnt think they needed to add any one to the roster... Then Kokkalis went out and grabbed Rivaldo while the team was in preseason... (I still think he will do more damage than good for Oly)

If Bajevic was able to go out and CHOOSE and BUY high priced players like Sollied just did this year, I think Bajevic would have easily progressed thru the group stage. Talk about a shopping cart spending spree this year... Who DIDNT Sollied get to buy that he wanted??? ... Including his washed up goalkeeper friend???

later guys

u make alot of strong points here

and i was the first to mention a couple of weeks back that Bajevic would have never allowed Olympiakos to lose this game

it was one of our worst loses and its really all happenned after he was gone

in Bajevic first stint he created a strong and entertaining team

he wasn't able to do so in his last stint

now Sollied really hasn't been give the opportunity yet to choose his players

i just think its unfair to say this point who is better

but right now it goes to Bajevic b/c of his entire body of work

Being an AEK fan, I have to admit that I couldn't believe Olympiacos let Bajevic leave. I was extemely disappointed when he left AEK, but he had no choice. He's one of the greatest coaches to ever coach in Greece, it's too bad that he wasn't given fair treatment at AEK or Olympiacos. Nowhere else do you ever hear a team getting rid of a coach that has just won them a championship!!! Only in Ellada!!!

No vote from me too, for the same reason.

I agree about Bajevic's laurels but I am suspecting that Sollied is a better coach in a general sense. It seems that he trains better, provides for backup players at every position in the field, monitors all players (even those not used in official games), arranged (or asked for) better friendlies during preparation period etc. He does a systematic work that may bear us very consistent results in the near future.

It is also obvious that he has cleared up quite a few problems that were untouched for years. E.g. in the previous years we had a lot of idling young players who weren't used even on friendlies.

I'm not saying that his success is guaranteed. Let's wait for the next season (if he manages to stay until then). He didn't get all the players he was promised (actually he got Toure and Lemens, Babaginda and Dani were last minute's alternative solutions) and his tactics are better suited to a more youthful team than ours.

Bajevic didnt have a chance to create an entertaining team in his second stint..it did only last a year though AND it DID coincide with the arrival of Rivaldo.....

how can a coach, coaching a team in greece, control a player like Rivaldo, who,, is considered a god in pirea...

just look at it this way...sollied, the so called great coach, has coached 5 games for olympiacos, and there is already talk of rivaldo leavign and being unhappy...

if bajevic had the choice, i guarantee you that last year, with the money they spent on rivaldo, bajevic could have brought in some talent that would have lasted 5 or 10 years...

i.e. djordjevic....... either way, like i said, i will give sollied time BUT he has to perform some miracles to reach the level of support i have for dusan..

but relax people, it is only my opinion.....

later gavroi, and good luck....

very interesting... like i said.... time will show but.... on first impressions.... i cant say sollied has top points from me... we r playing kinda lousy lately and losing to rosenborg in our own pitch is like a non-happening thing for bajevic... at least at home he made sure we won but most important guys.... 10pts in Cl first round is very hard.... everyone has to admt... outa a maximum of 18 getting 10 is amazing for olympiacos.... but u never know sollied just might hit up above tht... id love to see it and i have great faith in him (y shouldbt i allwste?) and hope he proves this poll results unfair.... :tup:

The problem with your club was that rivaldo was bitching to kokkalis because he was out of favour with Dusan. Dusan is a coach that does not give a s%$#! about reputatiuons and picks squads based on preformance not reputations.

Unfortunetly your xeftila prodeo kokkalis (Kernal Sanders) did not respect this and got rid of dusan. What has rivaldo done so far. I hear he is contemplating of returning back to brasil after xmas to retire.

What a great contribution he has made for you guys. If Dusan stayed another year, he would have transform your side this year in CL.

Now you got norweigian, who again is experimenting with your side to find the right balance in squad. Forget about the greek league, the teams are very weak.

Chamions league is were you separate the men from the boys. Isn't it embarrasing that you guys still cannot win away in the league and call youreself champions of greece.

Pao is not in good shape at the moment, but they can still give a good show in europe. Maybe your club needs to refocuse on their youth because you can't expect players like djorjevic, anatolakis, mauvrogenidis and other pensioners to win you titles every year.

The problem with your club was that rivaldo was bitching to kokkalis because he was out of favour with Dusan. Dusan is a coach that does not give a s%$#! about reputatiuons and picks squads based on preformance not reputations.

Unfortunetly your xeftila prodeo kokkalis (Kernal Sanders) did not respect this and got rid of dusan. What has rivaldo done so far. I hear he is contemplating of returning back to brasil after xmas to retire.

What a great contribution he has made for you guys. If Dusan stayed another year, he would have transform your side this year in CL.

Now you got norweigian, who again is experimenting with your side to find the right balance in squad. Forget about the greek league, the teams are very weak.

Chamions league is were you separate the men from the boys. Isn't it embarrasing that you guys still cannot win away in the league and call youreself champions of greece.

Pao is not in good shape at the moment, but they can still give a good show in europe. Maybe your club needs to refocuse on their youth because you can't expect players like djorjevic, anatolakis, mauvrogenidis and other pensioners to win you titles every year.

kala ta les file.... apla o dusan den to edioksan, efuge monos tou cs as u say he didnt have presidential support frm nyone.... but yet again i disagree with rivaldos sayings.... but admit tht he was a player needed for olympiakos but not with tht attitude.... if he didnt make comments then he would b perfect....dusan would have made an omadara... tht is just my opinion.... he knew how to work with youngsters and players... NOT vedetes tipou georgato ktl pou mou perpatane stin amuna sto CL les kai paizome kupello elladitsas..... but now tht we have sollied i think tht getting rid of him would just make matters worse.... much worse... he is the best coach i believe who would accept this job.... poios allos narthei sta ellinika xorafia rrrrrrreeeeeee............ tespa tha doume sto telos ths sezon its way too early now.... ;)

wut who said for the most part is true

except of the fact that u had to mention Pao

Pao has nuttin to do with this

they at least put a good show

u call losing 3-0 to udinese a show

u beat a werder side that now has lost 4 in a row

if u get a draw in Barcelona then u can call youselves a good show

u are all forgeting who really pushed bajevic out

the fans

Gate 7 our beloved club never gave him his due

i could understand why AEK Original 21 was on top of him all the time

i mean he played and won 3 titles for him then left to one of there fiercest rivals in Olympiakos

so i mean u could understand there stand point

but the fans of Olympiakos were to harsh

many of them have short memory that we went 10 years w/o a title

he was the one that built this club to dominance

also another thing to remember

we never lost a c.l. game at him at the helm

another thing alot of our embarrassing losses

like to rosenborg juve, and etc

he wasn't in charge

i even remember one time Olympiakos split squad lost to Roma in a friendly 6-0 i think and he fined the team for that pitiful display

now Sollied in all fairness needs an entire summer transfer season

and with alot of aging players on our squad u will see alot of changes next season

but for the time being we need to grab that uefa cup spot

if we do i think we can make soome noise

you are talking about 2 different coaches in different situations.bajevic came to osfp and had to built a champion team and he did a hell of a job.osfp was winning games because of him even when he wasn t our coach anymore.sollied so far is doing ok by me but we got to give him a lot more time to do his work before we can judge him or even compare him to dusan.

Archived