Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Wisla Krakow

Lalin

First of all I would like to explain to all those PAO fans who doesn't understand what a FORUM is :) on a forum people write their opinions and points of view about sth.This is a PAO forum but there is also a topic PAO-Wisla Krakow it would be rather boring if on that link would write only PAO fans...furthemore on PHANTIS forum I made over 130 posts, and for a small period of time I was a moderator of a underforum POLISH EXTRAKLASS AND DIVISIONS so I think that you should not generalize <_<

Also I must communicate sth for all those who didn't watch the game.During whole match Wisla had 4 100% sitiuations...as You know 3 of them ended with a goal, but also in 2 sitiuations aour players would be one to one with your Gk but the ref saw then a offside and ofcourse there havn't been any :angry: so we could score 6 goals and PAO had 3 100% situations;1-Olisadebe scored;2-a PAO striker was very close but his had shot went near the right post;3-also a had and grat save made by Majdan but...it was before a terrible mistake of the ref who whisteled a free kick in the Wisla penalty area :o and why??...Majdan grabed the ball and picked it on the ground the ref near the line showed an offside so Majdan grabed againd the ball and situated it again on the field and the first referee interpreted that situation that he grab 2 times the ball...but I think that he forgot about the fact that the 2 ref signalized a offside hmm

let's go to the conclusion:PAO could score 3 goals(one with help of the ref) and Wisla could score 6 goals.So I think that talking that that result could be better for PAO because they deserved that is a little bit stupid...don't you thin so :)

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday PAO was even worse than last year in the game vs Eindhoven in holland(really I didn't expect we could play even worse than that in a european match!). mainly because most players were having a bad day...idividually.Many rediculous mistakes during gameplay and especially in all 3 goals!They could not find each other inside the pitch and they had very slow returns when wisla hit in the counter attack....

We knew our defense sucks and it was proved in the match,and we also knew that polish had better physical condition once they are more ready. I am sure we uderestimated them especially after the goal we scored and thought it would be easy afterwards.

But I want to say to Wisla fans not to be so sure, because they won't be so lucky to face such a bad PAO in OAKA. And I believe we don't need to have any supergame to win them with a qualifying score. If you don't get it....it is still up to us. Just play ball!

Tsampa mages tous kaname gmto :nono:

There were various affects on the team, many of which almamatter touched upon, considering this Malezani still chooses to risk with his formation. I'd hate to purely blame a coach for the teams lack of performance, but it seems this result was pre destined.

Hopfully you find those defensive holes of theirs in the return leg and manage to make best of your creations, I imagine they'll be playing with all men behind the ball and be relying on the loved counter-attack, best of luck scoring the goals you need without a gonzalez or the bad boy lucian to make the best of it.

Champ's league is going to be a wee bit more boring without you B)

hey choc13,exeis dikio, pano sta neura mou pou xasame kai loipa....no more from me, all curse free, soccer talk....sorry guys......wont happen again.......its just the oly fans get on my nerves, and when we lose and gotta hear it it really sucks,,,,,...anyway my bad, wont happen again.......

mr greek

trsut me the abuse OSFP get from PAO fans is nothing compared to what they write about us,,

if you were a red fan and read what these people write about OSFP on phantis you would freak out !

There were various affects on the team, many of which almamatter touched upon, considering this Malezani still chooses to risk with his formation. I'd hate to purely blame a coach for the teams lack of performance, but it seems this result was pre destined.

Hopfully you find those defensive holes of theirs in the return leg and manage to make best of your creations, I imagine they'll be playing with all men behind the ball and be relying on the loved counter-attack, best of luck scoring the goals you need without a gonzalez or the bad boy lucian to make the best of it.

Champ's league is going to be a wee bit more boring without you B)

u make some points it is a risky formation. but seriously we tried this with roma and zaragoza (eyah yeah freindlies i know but theyre still good teams) and it seemed to work out well... it could have worked but it sounds like Galinovic was crap and Gkekas cant seem to hit the net in european matches, along with Vyntra being a total lump of crap. Im sick of him hes the right wing equivalent of Konstantinidis. If Nilson is ready to go in two weeks Wisla will find a much more difficult team when they get to Athens.

dont count us out yet we have won big shot. All it takes is a 2-0 in Athens. We can do that to many teams and Wisla no exception. We overturned Honved in that stadium 5-2 i hope to see the same turnout for the next leg cuz im gonna be there :tup:

Do u guys think Wisla will play with 10 men at the back in the return??

I think that after the game yesterday Wisla did get lucky and PAO will be ready for them in Athens. PAO will score and will score alot. The 3-1 deficit is easy to overturn because PAO has that golden goal, so I see the 2-0 or even 3-0 happening..

Good Luck it's going to be tough

Ogar - its completely unnecessary to resort to racial remarks. Remember you are on a Greek Soccer Forum and a large majority of its users (non PAO fans included) are Greek am sure will be offended by your comments - Im just trying to get in before this topic is removed! Fair enuff - make a statement about the game and predict yoru team to go through, but if you have nothing else in regards to Wisla and PAO than dont post it!

Evergreen - plz delete this post!

We played against a team of no names and made a borthelo of the game. There is no excuses, we should have been prepared for this game.

Another thing, we made all these signings in the midfield, no noone though about our defence. Does melazani rely on goumas being the main anchor man in the back. Apart from goumas, we do not have anyone that is capable of holding that position. Morris is not that type of player and kotsios with vyntra are not reliable candidates.

I knew when goumas got injured, we would have problems in the defence and it showe today against the polish no names. I know we have a new team, but do we expect these guys to gel immediatley as team.

Or this year will be regarded as a rebuilding stage for the club because I cannot see pao going thru champions league based on todays peformance. melazani will need a miracle.

Time will tell...................................

u know what will suck???

when pao beats wisla 4-0, none of these Wisla pricks will ever post here again... i wouldnt blame em however i would like to give it to them since there given it to us now however they will crawl back to the hole they came from called Poland :P (ouch that was harsh but thats what ogar get if u ###### around with us )

u know what will suck???

when pao beats wisla 4-0, none of these Wisla pricks will ever post here again... i wouldnt blame em however i would like to give it to them since there given it to us now however they will crawl back to the hole they came from called Poland :P (ouch that was harsh but thats what ogar get if u ###### around with us )

knock! knock ! youre the one who live in a small country and look like an arabian !

are you honestly trying to bring down us greeks? we said nothing inmsukting the polish, we simply stated the fact that we believed our team would beat yours...poke fun all you want buddy...it takes more then that to break our spirit...both for pao and for greece..we endured much more then your immature naive words...

boys...dont worry...just weigh everything out....first game of the seasonn, away, the importance of the match, our new squad, our new formations, two of our key players and captains missing..another two that would have potential to be in the starting lineup...our team was not ready, but what will u excpet directly after pres season getting thrown into an away match for the champions league..wisla have some games under their belt, and though that doesnt seem like much, playing a competitve match is 100 times different then playing a friendly..pao will have to use the fans to drive them..boys listen....2-0 in athens, it is more then possible, and if it doesnt happen, dont let it worry you..this team's core is COMPLETELY NEW...but they will be here for a few years...this year we may have alittle trouble adjusting, but fortunately, malezani is also looking towards the future...thus our avg age being around 26...if things dont go very well for the CL this year, dont worry, i guarentee they will next year...i will make my prediction now and everyone remeber, next year, if all goes well, our team will begreat in europe..this is what maezani is trying to build...so everyone take a look...and dont let these wisla fans get to you...this may be one of the biggest games and teams they'll play all season, i we were playing a team that were much better then us and we won home 3-1, we would be douing the same..dont let them get to you..try and look at the bigger picture...

We played against a team of no names and made a borthelo of the game. There is no excuses, we should have been prepared for this game.

Another thing, we made all these signings in the midfield, no noone though about our defence. Does melazani rely on goumas being the main anchor man in the back. Apart from goumas, we do not have anyone that is capable of holding that position. Morris is not that type of player and kotsios with vyntra are not reliable candidates.

I knew when goumas got injured, we would have problems in the defence and it showe today against the polish no names. I know we have a new team, but do we expect these guys to gel immediatley as team.

Or this year will be regarded as a rebuilding stage for the club because I cannot see pao going thru champions league based on todays peformance. melazani will need a miracle.

Time will tell...................................

Oh my God. Team of no names. Let's see:

Tomasz Frankowski - Polish National striker

Tomasz Klos - -||-

Arkadiusz Glowacki - -||-

Radoslaw Sobolewski - -||-

Marcin Baszczynski - -||-

Frankowski is one of the best strikers in WC2006 eliminations with 6 goals scored already.

Jean Paulista - former player of FC Maia (Portugal) where he was one of the key players. Marek Penksa - former Rapid Vienna and Ferencvárosi TC player.

You see, maybe Wisla isn't strongest european club, but it's not a team to understimate. I think you guys thought that it will be easy to pass it, but let's see how second leg will look like.

Ps. just before Euro 2004 which Greece won in a good style, we won with you 1:0 ;)

22.05.1963, Warsaw: Poland - Greece 4:0 (3:0) 16.10.1963, Athens: Greece - Poland 3:1 (2:0) 15.05.1974, Warsaw: Poland - Greece 2:0 (1:0) 06.05.1976, Athens: Greece - Poland 1:0 (1:0) 05.04.1978, Poznań: Poland - Greece 5:2 (4:0) 17.10.1984, Zabrze: Poland - Greece 3:1 (0:1) el. MŚ 19.05.1985, Athens: Greece - Poland 1:4 (0:1) el.MŚ 15.10.1986, Poznań: Poland - Greece 2:1 (2:1) el.ME 29.04.1987, Athens: Greece - Poland 1:0 (0:0) el.ME 05.09.1989, Warsaw: Poland - Greece 3:0 (3:0)  19.12.1990, Wolos: Greece - Poland 1:2 (1:1) 23.03.1994, Saloniki: Greece - Poland 0:0. Total: 12 games, 8 wins for Poland, 1 draw, 3 wins for Greece. Goals: 26-11 for Poland.

edit: Oh, I almost forgot:

Wisła didn't suprised us at all, they're physically well prepared, and great in offensive. I would like to congratulate your team, because it is a great team.

:)

it insults me as a Polish.

well ive been to poland and it is kind of a hole :D :D(kidding) ...relax friend, dont take the small and make it big...be happy with your teams work and let that do the talking...

and remeber where the ethnic slur provocations originally came from...

ok are u all done with your dumb ass comments

lets talk about the game coming up

for starters i am wondering if Pao fans will pack up OAKA

secondly will Goumas and Gonzalez be fit to play

now i know many Pao fans have expressed their displeasure with the clubs play last night and rightfully so

u guys pointed our many areas of weakness but the clubs down fall was being just too comfortable

they were extremely ecstatic with the draw and underestimated its opponents

but all is not lost here the club still has a chance to to qualifiy

it will be difficult

Wisla will probably play everybody back

but i don't think Pao's defense at the moment can gain a shut out

so i say at the end of regulation 3-1 Pao win and in Extra time it goes

thats all i will say

Man all we need to do is to score in the first half.

As soon as we score the firat one, then they will start to feel the pressure.

What I fear is that they will come to play with no fear and as long as the game will

be 0-0 or 1-0, they will know that with one goal they are basicaly on the next

round.

You know it is quite obviuos that our bigger problem is that we miss Gonzales/Samartean.

So we need someone to replace them for this game. And when I say that I mean

we need people that can provide assists, plenty of them...

Look in a game of this importance and of this situation I would normaly go back to

trust the lineup we used against Saragosa but it seems that Haralabidis doesn't

seem to be up to it for me at the moment. On the other hand Nilsson to repalce

him is only normal, but wil he be ready ? He is injured.

So I would try this just because I feel Conseisao has the guts to take a game on

his back just by giving nice assists.

-It is a same that we can't use Basina's help even for this game. I am sure that he would willingly try to help us advanse to the next round even if he is about to leave now or Christmass time. He is training with us from next week onward.

And since Basinas won't be avaliable even for this game I would put Tziolis.

This is my lineup:

-----------------Galinovich

Vydra------Morris--------Goumas------Serich

-------------Tziolis(*)--------Biscan

-------------Conseisao----Wooter

---------Olisadebe-------------Gekas

(*)Basinas-I wiss but can't happen cause he is probably not even in the list of players now...

As for the striker posstion all of you that keep Braging about Geka/Papadopoulos--- {and were thinking that I am delusional for thinking that Vryzas is better, you should know that Rehagel just cut both of them from the team and called Salpigidi and Lyberopoulo instead. Lyberopoulos who I was scearming about for so freaking long. Now we just need to wait for Houto and Ziko to be called...}

---If Togerle had signed on time, I would put him next to Olisadebe.

Archived