Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Wisla Krakow

Lalin

p.s. Soum was the worst coach ever but was extremely lucky for doing the double.

Soum was a good coach. By far not the worst. The worst i have seen in my own lifetime was Skazny who was a complete idiot, and among the worst coaches ive seen in general.

and i dont want to hear BS like he got us 3 ties and a 4-1 win vs an already qualified PSV! Thats crap.

Soum went an entire season in greece beaten once by one goal. That has to say something. And yeah Manolis came in and saved us...and? he was the guy to finally put it in! its not like the team werent making chances those last games it was just Manolis would be the only guy to actually fininsh. Thats not the coaches fault. And hey Soum brought him in at exactly the right times....you cant say manolis did it all himself thats means Arsene wegner is an idiot because Henry wins all his games for him....(yes hes an idiot but he is a good coach)

his performance in europe wasnt great no, but he did have crap new signings, who were all new together (also no eki) lets be honest not many coaches could have done much in europe with that team vs Manchester United and a Stuttgart that closely resembled PSV last years PSV.....

Soum is not a wonder coach or anything really bound to be great but by no means a terrible coach. As for being lucky---its better to be lucky than skilled! A good deal of this sport is luck.....you dont win things with luck. look at OSFP- they were lucky to win the title......one less post from PAO and they wouldnt have it. Same would have been for PAO and so on....

I totaly agree Drakos13. Soum as a Pao coach had to face many problems. From Zaets who everybody is saying was making the calls as a coach (bullshit if you aske me. look what he did as a Pao coach when he replaced Rotsa... Or look how he almost sended Portsmouth to 2nd division in the little time he coached and then realised he sould quit and stay as a manager over there).

Out of the things Soum might have had to do that Zaets and other from above pressured him to are stuf like don't use Hengrissen any more.He is about to live. And he did that against PSV and instead of putting Hengrisen in as a sub in the 80th minute to add 3rd central defender he left him out. The result was in 10 minutes of pressure to loose 1-0. Next thing we learnned after the Sunday game VS Kalamaria. We won 0-1 and he was history...

Now why I think that Soum was better fro Pao. For very similar reasons why Marcarian was as well. They were using very few players from the 25 player squad. They had to be in extreme need to not use their starting 11. (Isn't Rehagel doing the same ???)

Look at Bajevich. He is the most succesfull coach that ever came to Greece, because he never failed at any team he went. He was always sent away because some people didn't like his succes for varius reasons.

What Bajevich did and all the Osfp funs were furius about was that he also used some players over and over.

I remeber people cursing at him. "Why don't you put Taralidi, why ... Filipako, Why...Rezits, why...don't you use this nonstarter

At the same time Scazni was using everyone there was to use. And not because there was need to use everyone, just because he wanted to see everyone preform and feel that they had an equal chanse.

The result was when Bajevich out in Tralidi from about 3 or 4 games in the end Taralidi was plaing like a bull he was eating iron in there. You know why because he knew that was his chanse to proove something.

Meanwhile Scazni would put...Sapani, Kostadinidi, Scachel by oreder once every game. The result was that they underpreformed and sucked. There was no reason for them to play hard (avoid injuries) and in just in case they knew next week someone else would play at their place. It was like working for the gonverment.

At the same time players like Basina had to play every single game injured or not because there was no replacement in the bech for him. In the end everybody was cursing at Basina for underperforming while he had to look at himself as well. He knew last season that Pao was going nowhere with those hidius transfers and that he should better not injure himself just that he might be offered a job elsewere. In the end he is a professional player.

Look I don't mean that I am agains the current team. On the contrary I do have high hopes and I know that Wisla in the Chapios league is nothing that a paradox, which means we will probably qualify.

I just think that last season was one of the worst seasons Pao went through, just because in the end we were epmtyhanded.

Anyway I just read that Malezani is thinking of the 4-4-2 formation because poor Vydra is currently going throu hell. Especially the one goal from the right side seems it is his fault totaly. I think that he is playing without help. In a system like the one Malezain is using Vydra is basicaly both a center back and a right back which is to say the least awfull for him. A 4-4-2 would give him help both from a central defender in his left and guy like Haralabidis in fron of him to cover up.

in a 4-4-2

Vydra---Morris---Gouma---Serich

----------------Biscan

Haralabidis---Conseiso---Wooter

-----Papadopoulos---Olisadebe

in 3-4-3 with 2 strikers: he has Haralabidi up fron to help at least, but Morris can't really cover him up.

Either conseisao or Bisacn leave the bcak half possition to attack.

Serich is helping Gouma out more than Haralabidi does that to Vydra though...

Vydra-----------Morris----------Goumas

Haralabidi--Conseisao--Bisacan--Serich

-----------------Wooter

-------Papadopoulo------Olisadebe

in a 3-4-3 with 3 stiker like in Wisla just forget about Vydra who is totay alone, because Wooter was hipothetically in fron of him as a right exterme but he wasn't helping hin much since he was supposed to be also the guy to feed the strikers.

Vudra------------Morris----------Goumas

Wooter--Conseisao--Bisacan--Serich

Papadopoulo---Geka------Olisadebe

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe a 2-0 for pao.but you guys got to play well and smart and don t start believing that is going to be easy because wisla proved that is a good team.now your team has to prove that it deserves to be in the group face of champions league or not.plus wisla fans you can say your opinion but you can not talk s%$#! about our contry or race.respect and remember where you are..........phantis sport club forums :gr:

for all you polish idiots you have no chance of going through the next round PAO will eat you alive in a hostile stadium 90% of teams that come to Greece barely even get a draw because of the fanatical fans that we have as greeks. I must stand up for my greek brothers on this even though im a OLY fan, your fear will

Forza Wisla!

Chameleon, what is the taste of metaxa?  :D

Well if you go to your nearest booze store they should have it. ;)

Like they say it's not over till it's over. PAO has a lot of pressure to overcome and Wisla have nothing really to lose.

Right now it's fingers and toes crossed and hopefully the greens will be pumped to win on the 28th! Then I can savor the vodka B)

This is my first post here, so let me start with a warm hello to everyone. Now, let’s talk business.

Yeah, I’m polish (go ahead, bash and trash… ). First leg in Poland was a really big surprise to many of the polish fans including myself. To this day I can’t believe that they actually pulled it off being 1-0 within 5 min of the game. Well… congrats Wisla. You did good.

Here’s the situation in Poland as of right now:

Many Olimpiakos supporters wrote “Athens Guide” for polish fans that plan to travel to Greece. Mostly the information consists of “places to avoid” what not to do, and other tips that may come in handy when facing PAO fans, and what to expect. To be fair, Polish fans are more afraid of Turks, English and German fans then they are of you. Not all of course, some people just don’t realize what are you capable of.

You can expect anything between 500 to 1100 Wisla supporters. Mostly organized groups, but surely enough there will be few people who will come in “family size” set. Olimpiakos fans also warned people not to bring their kids with them to the game. I’m told your aggression towards the kids is no different, and they can get hurt as well.

You can expect to see this: http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1899/ts0iz.jpg as well, as one of the two flags that was captured in the fight after the game. The flag will obviously be hanged upside down… yay way to go to heat up PAO fans. Smart.

On another note, for those who believe in numbers and statistics, PAO has NEVER turned around a 2 goal deficit. Yes, PAO did in fact overcome a 3 goal deficit, but never 2.

69/70 - FC Vorwärts Berlin - Panathinaikós AÓ - 2-0, 1-1

74/75 - Grasshopper-Club Zurych - Panathinaikós AÓ - 2-0, 1-2

77/78 - Club Brugge KV - Panathinaikós AÓ - 2-0, 0-1

82/83 - FK Austria Wiedeń - Panathinaikós AÓ - 2-0, 1-2

88/89 - CSKA Sofia - Panathinaikós AÓ - 2-0, 1-0

99/00 - RC Deportivo de La Coruña - Panathinaikós AÓ - 4-2, 1-1

As far as Wisla’s away games in Europe, here’s where they stand (in recent years):

01/02 Barcelona – Wisla – 1-0

02/03 AC Parma – Wisla – 1-2

02/03 Schalke 04 – Wisla – 1-4

02/03 Lazio – Wisla 3-3

03/04 Anderlecht – Wisla - 3-1

04/05 Real Madrit – Wisla – 3-1

As you can see, a 4-0 for PAO as some of you predicted will be very hard to achieve. Now, this is only statistic talking, and you of all people know better then statistics like this one above is meaningless in soccer.

Anyway, let the better team win, I guess. Good luck to both sides.

;)

p.s. Soum was the worst coach ever but was extremely lucky for doing the double.

Soum was a good coach. By far not the worst. The worst i have seen in my own lifetime was Skazny who was a complete idiot, and among the worst coaches ive seen in general.

and i dont want to hear BS like he got us 3 ties and a 4-1 win vs an already qualified PSV! Thats crap.

I had forgotten about Scazny and maybe you are right.I think he was even worse than Soum. But the point about Soum was that he was the first coach after many years that made PAO in europe seem 'omadoula'. I care about greek league but not as much as the european games, these ones only reflect the team's abilities.

Soum's mentality was for Maccabi or for the russians he is now. He said we had 4 goals from Manchester but hey,it was Manchester in Old trafford..no problem!He didn't see that the team was 'trikymia'.It was no problem really when some years ago we lost 3-1 in there but as you remember the brits had to bleed to beat us scoring twice in the last 10 min.And they even had a much stronger team then!

With Soum I saw the first signs that the team's defence(it's strong line) was starting to collapse. Ok, you will say we needed a more offensive mentality,I agree!But by bringing players that know how to play and not with lower than average players like "Zutautas :tdown: that he brought!

Maybe he was told what to do by the 'managers' but still it is not an excuse for him to feel he coached a little team like the ones he coached before he came to us.

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/8137/pao4md.jpg

Dusseldorf (all the way in the back) was stolen for sure. Though, I’m not sure about the other one. If they don’t set it on fire before the game, I’m pretty sure they will bring it to Athens.

Also, Wisla was spouse to play a league game on the 20, but is now being postponed to help Wisla players prepare for the clash with PAO. However, 7 of Wisla’s players will play in NT on the 15 and 17. Hope none will get injured.

You have to know that it's gonna 'rain' if wisla supporters burn any banner in OAKA,but I'm sure nothing extreme will happen if they won't challenge their luck!

And as for qualifying after a 2-goal loss.....well, there is always a 1st time for everything!!!

And as for qualifying after a 2-goal loss.....well, there is always a 1st time for everything!!!

PAO once lost 5-2 to Honved, in Hungary, yet qualified!

A two-goal deficit is nothing! :rolleyes:

Yes, I know but the friend's point should be that 2-goals leed is a 'curse' score :rolleyes: for pao even if he could come up after a three goals loss.

But not such things in football!!!!

I had forgotten about Scazny and maybe you are right.I think he was even worse than Soum. But the point about Soum was that he was the first coach after many years that made PAO in europe seem 'omadoula'. I care about greek league but not as much as the european games, these ones only reflect the team's abilities.

Soum's mentality was for Maccabi or for the russians he is now. He said we had 4 goals from Manchester but hey,it was Manchester in Old trafford..no problem!He didn't see that the team was 'trikymia'.It was no problem really when some years ago we lost 3-1 in there but as you remember the brits had to bleed to beat us scoring twice in the last 10 min.And they even had a much stronger team then!

With Soum I saw the first signs that the team's defence(it's strong line) was starting to collapse. Ok, you will say we needed a more offensive mentality,I agree!But by bringing players that know how to play and not with lower than average players like "Zutautas :tdown: that he brought!

Maybe he was told what to do by the 'managers' but still it is not an excuse for him to feel he coached a little team like the ones he coached before he came to us.

Yes, Schoum did quite bud in Europe the first year but aren't you forgetting that Pao managment was keep bragging about winning the Chapionship in Greece after 7 years?

Everybody in the Pao team was saying that it is time to put the European games as a second priority after having lost from our hands the title in Rizoupoli.

Pao that year that Schoum became the coach lost 3 key players: Lyberopoulos, Karagounis, Kolka. All were starters and Schoum had very little help from the transfer window. Actually I would say that Schoum had the worst players Pao had the past 10 years.

The 5-0 loss from Machester United was our first official game of the season since the Greek chapioship started later than the Chapions league.

We had a totally new team as I already said Lyberopoulos, Karagounis, Kolka were gone plus our most importand player Basinas didn't play in that game.

Schoum with a very crapy team. Samartean was the usual player (actually he was one of the worst players against the 5-0 loss from Manchester United), Olisadebe was injured for most of the season (he played only the last 15 minutes and scored those very important goals), March who was supposed to be our best signing was injured for 3/4ths of that season. After Christmass Fyssas left too.

We did get during the Summer Papadopoulo and after Christmas Munch and Gonzales who defenantly helped us win the title, but Gonzales didn't have the right to help us in the Uefa cup against Occer.

The team almost willingly gavee up against the French because they didn't want the same thing to happen as before (advance is Europe as much as possible parrallel to going for the title in Greece, while every season for several years we were ending up emptyhanded).

Now I will only ask you this.

If last season Schoum was left to do his work, (as before with his very good record only one loss and won the Duble) do you think that the title would be a stroll in the park or not ?

You have to realise this Osfp last season lost way more points than the year we won the double, which only means Schoum would have an easier task last season!!!

Just think of that...

Even if I didn't like Soum at all,I also didn't want to put him away so early in the season because I think this only makes a team 'unhealthy'.Well I wanted him to leave exactly after the end of the previous season :) But I agree with you that he had to coach one of the crappiest teams we ever had..

I have said before that I feel that oso lucky was Soum allo toso unlucky was Malezani. We didn't get the points in the last minutes like Soum's year despite we created great chances (paok, but especially the penalty lost against Aris in leoforos).I know s@#$%t happens.

I believe that even if I,myself coached pao 2 years ago, we would have done the double simply because I would do nothing(like he didn't).And because there was no decent rival that year in the league!

And I ask you this....do you believe that olympiakos was worse last year than the year before because they lost more league points?

Or.... do you believe that pao is a team that is not interested at all about european competitions like evrybody made us believe then?Of course we always cared about the greek league, but I believe that all these poor years without title we played, at least equally 'well' as the double's year.And yet we had decent appearances in european competitions.

the stadium will be packed with greens. there will be about 65'000 in there. if wisla is a team that gets affected by the atmosphere in the stadium it will be very hard for them. it seems as if the fans have taken this match personally. i just dont want to imagine what would happen if pao wouldnt pass to the next round.

i hope pao will manage it to get through. and with all the fans in there it shouldnt be too difficult to win the match and qualify. i think pao will take the same result as against psv last year and win the match 4-1.

incognito- wisla supporters will be fine and protected inside outside they just better be smart. ive only heard of kids getting hurt in turkey.

but do be prepared to give up the banners if you bring them. you will not go back to poland with them and this is really stupid of Wisla supporters to taunt....this wasnt a great banner but there are people here who would love to lose there temper and get them back. its really stupid i know but wisla fans are picking a fight with athens fans is pretty stupid. if u bring the banners you are just inviting an attack....

Also getting us fired up can only make us louder and it will be hell waiting for you....pao fan clubs across the country are mobilizing and the management is going to give good ticket prices to fill it up....pao fans beleive it is our time to shine again in europe and want this game badly...

good newsfor tickets:

Okay, another brand new Polish is registered here. So stop reading it :D

So no I rate chanches as 60-40 to Wisla. It will be tough game for us and Pana will be dominant side. You are suprised that you lost 1'st match but you are ANGRY on the style of your play. Players have a lot to prove.

Defence and Goalkeeper were very poor and midfield didn't show they are so good.

So now the players have the extra motivation. And I expect huge improvement, especially on the back.

But Wisla will also play courageous football and it's going to be really good match. One reason is that Wisla coach is good in motivating players.

I'm not going to post dozens of posts "Hey, we won, you see who is better" if we advance :D

If Wisla score on Athens I thing they will be the winners of this round. If they don't, there's still possibility you will score only one :D My prediction for this match is 2:1 for Pana, as your defence will not yet be rock-solid :D

Hope it will not turn to the brutal fight and referee will do the job well. Hope Manolis will play at his best.

Greetings.

P.S. After listening to the band Aphrodite's Child i have my favourite greek word: "Pane!!!"

I don't think that defence matters in this game for pao cause wisla will be playing ultra defensive.At least at the beginning of the game were the pressure will be higher. That is the key.The first mins of the game and I'm sure we will create chances early in the game hoping we are luckier this time..

If the game goes well it will be us trying to hold back in the end,when most pao players will be exhausted!Unless we play really really good earlier...

I can see a 2-0 but a 2-1 also...

Okay, another brand new Polish is registered here. So stop reading it :D

So no I rate chanches as 60-40 to Wisla. It will be tough game for us and Pana will be dominant side. You are suprised that you lost 1'st match but you are ANGRY on the style of your play. Players have a lot to prove.

Defence and Goalkeeper were very poor and midfield didn't show they are so good.

So now the players have the extra motivation. And I expect huge improvement, especially on the back.

But Wisla will also play courageous football and it's going to be really good match. One reason is that Wisla coach is good in motivating players.

I'm not going to post dozens of posts "Hey, we won, you see who is better" if we advance :D

If Wisla score on Athens I thing they will be the winners of this round. If they don't, there's still possibility you will score only one :D My prediction for this match is 2:1 for Pana, as your defence will not yet be rock-solid :D

Hope it will not turn to the brutal fight and referee will do the job well. Hope Manolis will play at his best.

Greetings.

P.S. After listening to the band Aphrodite's Child i have my favourite greek word: "Pane!!!"

i think for once somebody is realistic i dont doubt wisla cant do it but they wil only do it if they can bring ou t the very best in them... if wisla isnt sharp they will lose by more than 1. thats for sure unless we hit the post all game.....

btw its pame ;) , and ic ant beleive they havve that song in poland or anywhere other than greece.. :blink:

Archived