Phantis Forums

PAO is the players, not the "owners"

trifilli

Im sorry I didnt know we were in the business of hanging on to players for sentimental value!!!!!!!

lets just open an antique store instead like osfp!!!!

basinas's time at PAO is over! the way he ought to leave is arguable and its not ONLY his fault but he is one small reason as to why we did not win

and yes - y should he play harder for greece than PAO - every player should give iit there all no matter wat game it is when they step out on the field!

basinas - fyge and take ur set piece antics with u

but i still respect u for wat u did in the ten years or so u were at PAO!

The first step is done.. This should have been done YEARS AGO!!!

Basino-klapsa to take a hike!!!!! :box:

And to all thise "friendly" journalists... You people are hippicrits, the first people to turn against Basina after the matches were the journalists!!! Now that he is leaving, they don't like it!!! OYST!!!

Basinas's time at PAO is over. Thery guy hasn't got anything to offer to the team... All he does is moans, creates problems in the dressing rooms, Klikes, and most importantly he hasn't played any descent football for PAO for the last 2 years!!!

And to all those journalists mentioning the other players compared to Basina...

Idiots, in a big game you don't expect Kotsio and Bides to do the difference! Despite their footballing skills, these players are NEW to the team.. You expect from your old and Traditionally PAO players to do the difference.... Basinas not only doesn't make any difference, but he is the worst player of all!!! You expect players like Basina, Gouma, Papadopoulo and Kostadinou to perform in big games like AEK or TOUBA etc etc... Instead these are the worst and you have poor Gonzalez running around marking, passing, you have Galinovic making great saves, you have Morris trying hard etc etc...

So don't tell me sentemental stories about Basina... Basinas is a vendetta he thinks that PAO can't do without... I can guarantee you the biggest step towards the solution of the problem is made!!! BASINAS is shown the way out FINALLY!!!! :tup:

Good luck to the kid, I am sure he will do great in another team because the bottomline is that he is a GOOD player... He performs in Ethniki brilliantly but he has lost all incentives to play for PAO...

He has not been playing well but i cant help and feel sorry for him after reading trifillis comments. It is very sad how PAO has fallen under bad management and i cant help to think the team PAO would have been if pound signs did not blind the chairman. It is Anggelos's time to go because his heart left the team a long time ago. I do hope he suceeds even though he is passing prime.

Trifili that is the truly most important comment I ever read on Phantis. Everyone Pao fun or not that knows about Greek soccer in New York thinks what you say that is totaly true. Tsiger is way worst than Fillipidis. How can he turn his back on players that love the team for the past 3 years like that?

PS:

Pote den evgales mia pentara, alla ta vrikes olla ethma apo mpampa kai theio.

Mporei gia sena o PAO na einai hobby gia na paizeis, mia kai tha eisoun argosxolos diaforetika,

alla gia pollous apo emas einai kommati ths zohs mas kai ths psyxhs mas.

Kato ta xeria apo ta palikaria mas, voutiropaido

YES, like I said he should leave, there is no argument about that.

He should not stay at a team where he is NOT valued!

PAO will miss Bassina more than Bassina will PAO...

The "hard core" short memory fans want him out, and blame him for PAO's misfortunes. I hope we will NOT miss him, but according to recent history...I doubt it.

Bassinas deserves a much better fair well from the "management" AND fans, for his countless contribution to the team and NT.

It is very sad that fans are so easily manipulated by the scruple less ownership to disregard 10 years of blood and sweat, he and many others, that were gone under similar circumstances, have given to PAO, for peanuts.

When the time comes to get something in return in terms of a better contract, these PAO faithfuls are shown the door, under the worst possible circumstances.

The history repeats itself, since the days of MIMIS Domazos, Mitsaras Saravakos, Giannis Kalitzakis, Nikos Lyberopoulos who were valued more by Aek :o THAN THE TEAM THEY MADE GREAT :tdown:

Aggelos knew that and was ready for it. After all he was the one to support Panagioti, Antoni, Giorgo, and Sotiri when they left.

Who was the one that said Krystoff and Antonis should be the first ones to raise the trophy last year?

Where were they? They were at the stands...Not even part of the team anymore...

You all have your opinions, but in my conscience and in my heart, I will always side with those players than the dirty rotten scoundrels that own my team.

PAO is the history, the fans, the pride...

None of which would be possible without the performances of our great legends.

None of the awesome memories, of glorious European runs. :tup:

Do they deserve something in return?

PEACE

Gents, despite our disagreements about Basinas and other players, the fact remains that PAO management hasn't treated well those players who have contributed greatly to the team. OK, if a player isn't performing any more, or he's aged, or injured, or whatever, the club should show some respect and appreciation... and end the relationship amicably!

These days that most players play just to make money, it's more necessary than before for the club to foster a good environment and reward the "flags" the "hearts" of the team. If you're a player and you sense you get no respect from management (like in the real, business world) you act accordingly, and why not?....

Saravakos, Kallitzakis, even Warzycha, now Much, and so many others have been shown the door..... The great Domazos is not welcomed anywhere near the club! Anytime this guy chose to speak, he's said very thoughtful things...and he's been correct too! I want to see how we treat Olizadebe....the kid maybe history for PAO, but he's been a pivotal scorer in the past...Great player and a Panatha! :tup:

Yes, PAO is greater than any player, but it's the individual contributions that have made our team world-known. A little respect and rewarding the contributors is not just sentimental, but it's for the best of the team! It's an incentive to the young players, it's a way to teach all those who wear the green jersey that PAO is a great team and they should be luck to be part of that family!

Again, like any successful private business, the internal culture is of utmost importance! It's a matter of success! :tup:

Its simple Pao managaement is F*CKED

im suprised more pao players dont sign for the reds to pi$$ them off

They treat players like on "The Apprentice" all they need now is Donald trump to tell them "Your Fired!" :LOL:

we need to get rid of management this is the root of all Pao's problems

I dont know how anyone have ideas?

They treat players like on "The Apprentice" all they need now is Donald trump to tell them "Your Fired!" :LOL:

you know what bothers me

Im not sure if management will bother trying to sign kostadinou and u will rip ,menagement as U R doing now.

yet if he signs with the reds.. you will hate kostadinou for signing with the reds and forget about manageent they way u did with nikopolidis

are u people ever happy?

LOL

File athinaios:

You are not only correct politically but... footbally!!! :D ( not an actual word...)

That is absolutely the main point.

If it is going to end, for whatever reason, rightfully or not.

Why not end it the proper way, where both team and players, feel good about themselves in the morning :P

I will not EVER blame a player that signs with an opponent, if my own management is not willing to make an effort to keep him.

Or are they going to stay because the Kavouras' treat them so well... :nono: :LOL:

PEACE

They treat players like on "The Apprentice" all they need now is Donald trump to tell them "Your Fired!"  :LOL:

you know what bothers me

Im not sure if management will bother trying to sign kostadinou and u will rip ,menagement as U R doing now.

yet if he signs with the reds.. you will hate kostadinou for signing with the reds and forget about manageent they way u did with nikopolidis

are u people ever happy?

LOL

coz were all a bunch of idiots....

His right u cant have it both ways i mean when nikopolidis was with pao everyone was saying "ohhh how tight are pao management, s%$#! i hate em bla bla bla, why couldnt we re-sighn him along with our other great players, why do they have to be soooo cheap!!!"

However

As soon as he sighned with the geys (along with bullshit that pao management managed to stir up E.g he was gonna go to them long b4 we could offer him a new deal ;) ) everyone in this forum started saying "his a trator, his a Melos, ###### him, im glad we got rid of that back stabber" <<<------------- alot of you idiots dnt realise that u got Brain washed and that Management were able to make u forget the fact that there tight and didnt want him :tdown:

i bet you anything when pao cant re-sighn kostantinou, management will come out and say he wanted double what he was getttin or he didnt love pao and everyone in here will belive it jst like with the nikopolidis issue and say "###### him" while at the same time pao management were able to cover up there tracks under your big noses :la:

then the cycle will continue with gonzalez ect....

your managemet is a reason players have left

let me ask you why cant they sign any players during the season as OSFP does with castillo? y cant they sign kostadinou today?

\

they are cheap.

they are brainwashing you not the journalists

u will see if kostadinou and bassina sign with the reds u will for get all about management and blame the players over and over. while forgetting that PAO management did nothing and you will say the famous 'you dont sign with the hated rivals" like u did with Niko. OK so if we dont sign with the hated rivals who offer big money will stay home using your mentality!

as for nikopolidi.. any player that is about to Become a free agent talks to other teams. its normal. this is done all the time

hes noit the first player ever to do this!

Y u have to find that completely wrong is not understanable

did brazil win the world cup ?

enough said about what brazilians can do for soccer

I actually beileve that you people are blinded by the press...

I cannot speak for others, but the opinions I give are mine and never an echo of the press'...

I have always been supporting Antoni and will continue to site with Bassinas and Munch and all the rest of the players that kavouras has shown the door to.

Not that I don't blame management for many things

NAME ONE... :D

The turn things around anyway they want!!! And you people fall in their trap!!!!

The propaganda that the owners have been feeding the fans for years is your choice of truth? :blink:

I believe the best way out of this misery is the OAKA and eventually the new stadium. Only if the Kavoures are committed to investing in the new stadium project,

will they be willing to invest on quality players, in hopes of seeing a return. :whistle:

PEACE

Guest Protathlitis

If Basinas was OSFP player I would want him out as well....but I would still love the mug for what he did for the ethniki and is still doing for Greece

The propaganda that the owners have been feeding the fans for years is your choice of truth? :blink:

Bingo!!!! :nw:

Pao owners came up with the story that nikopolidis had sighned with the geys ages ago b4 even holding down talks with pao management!!!

lets break this down:

Sure i could belive what people say (E.g Papou) that he had sighned a contract way b4 pao could offer anything However where did Papou get this information from?? obvously Pao managment!! (as they stated this as we all know later on....) <<------ why should we belive this when we have all seen pao managment screw the fans (us) over n over again with bullshit and lies... E.g big signing commin in every year or the fact that they released all our great players for penuts and sighned cheap/s%$#! players...

the only reason why everyone in here bought this story is because of our stupid mentality (Hate) towards the geys.. thats it, thats all it took, and thats all pao managment needed to turn things around in there favour and it has made everyone in here so blind!!! i mean sure he did leave us for the geys but u neva asked the question why?? why would a man who played for a decade with a club that he loved all of a sudden screw the club and go to there rivals??? ;) something happened!!

This in its self is all i need to Belive nikopolidises side of the story ( no news papers, no pao managment bs) as we have seen this happen over n over again time after time with management screweing us the fans with there BS and the players with there tight ass ways...

Its right infront of you and it will become more clearer to some of you when Kostantinou doesnt re-sighn a new contract and then managment will say he turned his back on us or something in order not to pay his wages..

then the cycle will continue with Gonzalez and other players...

sure Papou will never agree with me coz we all know how stuburn he is but some of you will think twice b4 callin nikopolidis a "Melos" and find out for your selves that Pao management is the true cancer of this club and not nikopolidis and other players who leave coz of it..... :nono:

Ok, sure its VERY EASY to blame Vardinogiannis and management for everything going on.

For starters - Basinas time at PAO is over and he has to leave! I respect him as a man and player, he contributed to both Greece and PAO but its time for both parties to say goodbye!

Now, why is PAO management the cancer. In an interview that Munch gave last week he said - and this is coming from someone that did not get re signed by Vardinogiannis - that there ARE in FACT people in the club that are doing harm to PAO! and he categorically stated Vardinogianis is NOT ONE of them!

Im not going to begin with Nikopolidis but just as you say that PAO management feeds us propaganda of how Nikopolidis went to the gays etc BUT you are right - he played for over a decade at PAO and he should realise the rivalry - so why did he go?

BUT if he did realise the great rivalry between PAO and OSFP (and after ten years you would expect to) would 200,000 EURO be enough to break the respect you have for PAO? bc that was the difference! 200,000 EURO, it wasnt a million or half a mill, but even at his late age and after playing for so long of course why not sign for another 200,000 EURO

so why did he become a melos - and since when does Antonis throw his gloves around acting pissed off (against Xanthi away when they lost ) and make comments in the media! he never hardly did it in TEN years at pao!

and fair enough if PAO and Vardinogiannis operate as a business - cause thats wat it is

wat do u want superstars coming in every year

you got gonzalez - everyone loves him! munch has been great for his time here, pap! how about olisadebe - he came through with a title last yr, and the PAO youth academy that as brought out the Rizopoulis generation

E.g big signing commin in every year or the fact that they released all our great players for penuts and sighned cheap/s%$#! players...

how many times are we promised big name players - not every year

and so our players go for peanuts huh? fair enough

THAN explain to me this - when Kyriagkos left mid year for a small amount of money wouldnt that have been better than waiting till end of season now when his contract was expriing and he could of gone anywhere FOR FREE

you think PAO has the bidding and financial power of everyone else in Europe - im sure even Rangers would have more financial strength than us at the moment

we cant hold onto these players forever - they have goals to make it out of greece and make huge amounts of money

look at Seitaridis - hes getting 2 million at Moscow!!!!!!!!!! :o Konstantinou is the next highest PAO player after that amount at 1.2 million euro - a 800,000 euro difference

and the rest of them...

Karagounnis did this when HE SIGNED for INTER BEFORE the Rizopoulis game

Lybe is with Exception!

Basinas - well he needs to go and APPARENTLY for a million

Fyssas - yet again like Kyriagkos

Munch was released bc at the age of 34 bc he had high wage demands for his age and possibly new blood could come in and he didnt have the best season - but he has been a great player and person to watch!

Nikopolidis - well i aint touching that with a ten foot pole

Vazexa was allowed to retire at PAO

were in the business of winning titles and winning games in europe - obviously something wasnt right when we hadnt won it in 7 years so things had to change - the so called Rizopoulis gang is now almost gone!

Konstantinou is opting to seek a contract in another European country - are you going to deny him that - do you want him to stay if he has his mind set on finding another contract elsewhere - and he WAS a big signing in his day and at over a million in wages that is a bit high!

everyone here except for pappou has their minds firmly set on that PAO management is to blame on everything - when this is not the case

im sorry but id rather listen to someone like Vardinogiannis than any journalist in greece - bc the media is just a circus and pro kokkalis!

anyways - im sure Vardi knows very well that he needs to do spend this transfer period bc the transition from Leoforos to OAKA is going to need it and will hurt him!

dun come back and criticise me for my opinions etc - i agree with some things you all have to say as well but everyone is here is so quick to criticise Vardi its not funny - if he was a sell out PAO would be at Elliniko!!!!!!!!!!!

i wont critisize you however ill answer some points you made:

THAN explain to me this - when Kyriagkos left mid year for a small amount of money wouldnt that have been better than waiting till end of season now when his contract was expriing and he could of gone anywhere FOR FREE

First of all he was getting Paid 80,000 while Kostantinis was getting paid 10 times that!!! Are you telling me Pao couldnt have given him that??? This is a perfect example of how pao r tight ass and dnt recognise players contributions to the team.. by the way Rangers isnt a step up from Pao i bet you anything if we had offerd him a contract that matched Ranger or was abit less he would have re-sighned...

Now you also said "why would Nikopolidis go to oly after being with pao for ten years"

This is like the un told truth, i mean Yes he knew about the hatered between pao and oly but the question is why would a man scoop that low when his been recognised as being a quite character who was loyal to pao all these years??

I belive that something happen that we the public dnt know between nikopolidis and pao mangement that made him turn...

My proof is Pao managements hostory with dealing with players

such as;

Kyriagkos (couldnt have given him a decent wage while a s%$#! player was earning 10x that amount!!)

Lybe (top goal scorer when he left. why wasnt he offerd a new deal?? explain that}

Fysas (cash in job right there along with setaredis)

Kolka (why no new deal there?? what was wrong with him)

Soon kostantinou will be added to this list i mean sure he should try his hand in europe but if pao were to offer him a decent amount i think he would stay however this will soon be seen...

All i ask is look at past events to make up ur mind about players who have been burnt, forget the papers and propaganda spreed by management.. there is a pattern devoping here as i showed u above...

the cycle will continoue....

First of all he was getting Paid 80,000 while Kostantinis was getting paid 10 times that!!! Are you telling me Pao couldnt have given him that??? This is a perfect example of how pao r tight ass and dnt recognise players contributions to the team.. by the way Rangers isnt a step up from Pao i bet you anything if we had offerd him a contract that matched Ranger or was abit less he would have re-sighned...

Im not saying Rangers is a step up from PAO BUT they do have nmore financial strength than us - if we were to enter a bidding war with them we would prolly lose out 9 out of 10 times

the cycle has only been continuing as u say bc we keep losing out to OSFP and all these other teams - we have only won the title once in 8 or 9 years wateva - obviously if PAO is title contenders and want to live upto that they have to fix something that aint right and something aint right if we only won it once in so long

Everyone u mention is from the Rizopoulis klika and that team has now almosy been dismantled and were building a new team with players like Gkekas Mantzios Tziolis Pap Morris Galinovic Vyntra etc

Archived