Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Newcastle

Montreal_Thrillos

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the result was not good, but lets face it until the foundation of the Greek League is solid no Greek club will ever have consisent success in Europe. We should worry about the Greek League being straightened out first and put aside the grandiose dreams that some Greek Club is going to win either a Uefa Cup or Champions League title.

Lets face it all Greek teams in europe suck. And if we think that some soccer fan in England or Italy is sitting around in some pub talking about the one time Panatha went to the final in '72 or when OSFP went to the quarters in '98. Who is being naive. Do we really think that the soccer elites really give a s%$#! when some Greek Club makes it to the final four once every ten years. The bickering between the Greek fans on who has done better in europe is retarded. Because until some Greek club wins the whole thing in my opinion all the arguing is a waste of time. we should be a little more realistic on our hopes for Greek Club soccer.

My friend nobody says people in other countries sit and talk about pao reaching the final in 1971 and the semis and quarters. However consistent and great performances in europe like we did for 3 years straight from 2000 to 2003 earn respect for your club amongst other teams and fans in europe. When juve plays pao whats the first thing reporters and fans look at, if the teams have played before. What do they see, PAO eliminated juve 3-1 in 2000-2001. What if juve gets drawn with oly, what do they remember, 7-0. Thus juve fans have much more respect and consider it a tougher task to beat pao than to beat oly.

I don't think it's impossible for us to win 3-0 in newcastle. However, no team with 9 players on the field compared to 11 ever wins, and clearly this match was fixed. I'll watch, but realistically, we must wait for the CL next year and I'll just cheer on juve and hope newcastle gets butt-raped next round. I think a win over AEK is only way to give us fans an emotional lift. Or against PAO if we were to be playing them.

11 on 9 no matter what team u have wjeather its madrid or juve... u cant do much when its 11 on 9

as a whole tyhe greek teams in europe have a lot of work to do ..

but I have to admit.. playing 11 on 9 for 46 mionutes and only asllowing 1 goal is pretty good.!!

anyways If they somehow win in englad even 1-0 I will be happy..

3-0 highly unlikely

but the ref decided the outcome of this day leaving us with 9 players!!

but they played good under the circumstances !!!

!

Im hoping they can pull a miracle even thoguh its 0.0001 % it will happenf

pao beat them 3-1 and eliminated them but they finished dead last that year in thr gropu and they lost to the other 2 teams in teh group not just pao

same thing for us we beat them when they actually were 90 % already onto the next round

I bet what would the juve fans would say right now if we told them remember when we beat you?

Ibaniez, the Spanish P rick of a referee probably had a vendetta against Greece, and Greek clubs after we knocked Spain's sorry A ss out of EURO 2004. How does UEFA hire garbage like this to officiate crucial games. We still have the second leg at St. James Park, but I think Thrylos' season in Europe has come to an end. Hoping for a 3-0 win, but its' unlikely. Anyway, we can now look forward to our national team, and the two crucial games against Georgia and Albania.

Thrylos Thyra 7 Forever!!!!

ELLADA... Sykose to g amimeno.... den boro na perimeno!!!!

And now the World Cup re Filoi(Oh, and we will give Brazil, Mexico and Japan a run in Confederations Cup this June) B)

PS: D ick head13(Slick13), Choc13 get some lives man. Stick to writing your m alakies in your own forum.

Yes indeed Yaniotis, this display of officiating is quite a laugh, it's a joke. 11 on 9 the real Olympiakos was not in the building.

We had a player sent of as well but you dont hear us saying the match was fixed. Gonzalez made 2 hard fouls and put himself in the bad position. Don't bring the greek league mentality into europe. ;)

Yaniotis1,

Olympiakos are way above "the Greek league mentality", and a side that can do damage in Europe with the players that we have once Kokkalis realizes that Bayevic's dismissal from Thrylos is long overdue. We can win the league with our eyes closed, but like many other Olympiakos fans in here I am waiting for the day we can lift a European trophy. Its Kokkalis' call and I think some moves should be made to keep Thrylos fans sain, because I am getting impatient year after year as we continue to bow out of Europe. Its ridiculous. Nobody is saying the game was fixed, but just saying that Ibaniez is better off reffing some little league games instead of UEFA Cup games. ;)

wait when did OSFP EVER have a chance in this game???? they didnt. and defterathlitis was saying of going to the finals and bullshit.

osfp only have kokkalis to blame. He has been screwing you all along. you really think you can win games with 0 forwards??? dacol and giovani??? you may as well take back alexandris and luciano theyre way better than any loser pireaus has now.

ego prin 2 evdomades.... elega gia TSONTA..... kai me legate trelo..... e tin tsonta tin eidate.... mou legate oti tha parete kai to UEFA kai m@lakies tetoies.... kai oti i Newcastle einai eukoli omada kai saxlamares....... pao na paro eisitirio mipos kai prolavo gia ton teliko opou tha peksoun ta gaurakia :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

quotes from various web sites:

"IT'S A PENALTY!!! AND A RED CARD!!! Georgatos adjudged to have pushes Dyer! A ludicrous decision. There was clearly no foul, and Olypiakos have received a double punishment for... nothing!"

"ANOTHER RED CARD!!! Kostoulas ordered off for a second yellow! It was a late tackle on Butt, but referee Ibantilde really should have shown a bit of sense and exercised leniency."

"That first penalty and red card must go down as one of the worst decisions of the season."

"What a decision from referee Dauden Ibañez. I don't think we'll see him out on the town later."

PS: D ick head13(Slick13), Choc13 get some lives man. Stick to writing your m alakies in your own forum.

greeksoccermaniac 1st of all we give back the garbage that uz give back to us.

U wanna know why we come here and sabotage ur board when u lose??????

Many many years ago,,,and im talking back to 1996, when panathinaikos made the semi finals in the champions league, against ajax amsterdam, i always supported, all greek teams in europe. Panathinaikos lost 0-3 in 2nd leg in athens,,,,i was shattered. That night on the news,,i remember that day clearly, on antenna news,,late that night ,,,the olympiakoi were shown in the port celebrating our loss. Now im not talking about a couple of gooses,,man,,,there were 1000s of them celebrating like as if olympiakos won a european cup.

TO THAT DAY,I WAS .FUC.EN DISGUSTED BY THIS ATTITUDE,,AND REFUSE TO SUPPORT UR TEAM IN EUROPE EVER AGAIN. NOW IF U GOT A PROBLEM WITH A FEW PEOPLE LAUGHING GET USED TO IT MATE CAUSE THIS HATRED BETWEEN UR CLUB AND OURS WILL NEVER CHANGE!!!!IF U LOVE UR CLUB SO MUCH,,,GO OUT WALKING IN THE STREETS OF ABELOKIPI,,WEARING UR JERSEY OR MYSELF,,,GOING TO PIREAS WEARING PANATHINAIKOS JERSEY AND ILL GUARUANTEE WE BOTH WOULD GET OUR HEADS KICKED IN.

It ridiculous ts gotten to this,,,but like i said,,,,,but people cant change the past,,,,move on and get used to it.

Archived