Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Newcastle

Montreal_Thrillos

we need to move from this game and this topic

its obvious our competitors are dominating this disscusion and its only b/c their hatred to Olympiakos

to state that if the Greek refs in c.l. would give Olympiakos 7 titles is a joke

for starters they can't ref any game Olympiakos participates in

second the ref from last night was by far worst referring display then any Greek ref

the ref last night was very bad...but i have seen much much worst refereeing in greece...

you guys are the ones complaining about the refs...and then you turn around and tell us we always make excuses...what do u expect pao fans to do..sit and watch...the much less number of oly fans gave 10 times more s%$#! to us after our much less shameful match against sevilla where ONE of our players got sent off..now two of your players get sent off ON YOUR BIRTHDAY...im surprised pao fans arent talking more trash...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, not here to gloat although I'm obviously very happy with the result. The referee was a joke. The first penalty, having rewatched it several times was indeed a penalty and a sending off - as Dyer was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. Georgatos pushed him in the air, forcing him to the ground. As the last man he had to go. That's what the rule books state.

The second penalty was harsh IMO. Again I've watched it many times and both players were tugging each other so it was only obvious both were going to fall which they did. They both fouled each other so who was in the wrong?

I think the ref gave it to even things up a little.

As for the second sending off, perhaps that was deserved as he did get two yellow cards but what was so shocking about the ref was his inconsistency. Why did he send of your second player but didn't send off others who were already on a booking and had fouled?

Also the linesman were awful too, often behind play and overuling the ref. The ref spoilt the game from a football perspective. He kept on blowing his whistle for nothing fouls then letting bad fouls go unpunished.

Whether Olympiakos would have won or gotten a draw with 11-Vs-11, it remains to be seen but if we were to look at the match from the opening 10 minutes - both teams looked dangerous on the flanks and looked capable of scoring.

NUFC didn't play well, we didn't keep the ball, we didn't pass the ball and we didn't kill Olympiakos off, but we were worried about getting one of our players sent off and picking up an injury or two so we took the foot off the gas. We have a huge huge game on Sunday in the FA Cup so natuarlly one eye was on that.

I thought some of the Olympiakos fans who threw things at our players and management were a disgrace and should be banned. In European football it should be civil. NUFC paid Oly lots of respect leading up to the game and during the game. With 9 men e could have really humiliated you but we had the game won, why risk injuries and bookings?

I'd say Olympiakos are all but out now as we have a strong home record in Europe, no team has beaten us at St. James' Park in Europe for over 3 years. You will have to score 3 goals without reply. I can't see it happening.

Anyway good luck in the return leg and in your League.

Ibaniez, the Spanish P rick of a referee probably had a vendetta against Greece, and Greek clubs after we knocked Spain's sorry A ss out of EURO 2004. How does UEFA hire garbage like this to officiate crucial games. We still have the second leg at St. James Park, but I think Thrylos' season in Europe has come to an end. Hoping for a 3-0 win, but its' unlikely. Anyway, we can now look forward to our national team, and the two crucial games against Georgia and Albania.

Thrylos Thyra 7 Forever!!!!

ELLADA... Sykose to g amimeno.... den boro na perimeno!!!!

And now the World Cup re Filoi(Oh, and we will give Brazil, Mexico and Japan a run in Confederations Cup this June) B)

PS: D ick head13(Slick13), Choc13 get some lives man. Stick to writing your m alakies in your own forum.

oohh!

watch your mouth or get banned!

and please stop crying about the refs.

in greece frinos never gets red carded but in europe u simply cannot get away with the same shiit, this is a european ref and not your own typicaly greek ref.

how many times do u have to hear this?

also beware u might get humiliated in the second leg

"Otan imastan mikroi nomizame oti h triti kai h tetarti eixan dimiourgithei gia na gelame stin europi me ton osfp. Megalwnontas anakalypsame oti kai h pempti dimiourgithike gia ton idio akrivws logo!"

m'aresi afto.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

terastio gelio

derbi :nw:

also athlitiki ixo :nw:

I thought some of the Olympiakos fans who threw things at our players and management were a disgrace and should be banned. In European football it should be civil. NUFC paid Oly lots of respect leading up to the game and during the game. With 9 men e could have really humiliated you but we had the game won, why risk injuries and bookings?

Exactly Bro!!!

Panathinaikos did a simular thing in 2001 when playign Juventus. We were up 3-1 with 20 odd mins to go and Juve had a 2nd player sent off so instead of attempting to humiliate them we knocked it about until the end of the game.

In the press conference when our -then- coach was asked "if he told the players to take their foot off the peddle" he replied "Yes, a "Lady" should always be respected. With Lady he was using the term Italians use for Juventus "Vecchia Signora" which means "Great Lady" in Italian.

Howay the Lads :tup:

Well, what can I say. What a way to go out in the UEFA cup as well.

We played well for as long as a team could play in such circumstances. We were finding alot of space on the left and right wings, and were building up our attack and imposing our game quite well, untill everything starting to collapse for us with the penalty call. Honestly, that call could have gone EITHER WAY after watching the game and the incident a few times. Yet the penalty was given, and on top of everything a RED CARD for the infraction, whatever the 'rules' state, it left everyone shocked (including the English commentators) who couldn't believe it.

Now, impossible is nothing even with 10 men. The team continued to PRESS like a bat out of HELL, the "gerakia" kept pushing with alot of heart and will it was great to see everyone pumped up like that including Karaiskakh (was the crowd every sileneced? amazing), searching for that goal after the 1-1 and even more so after the 1-2. Newcastle didn't want to contain the ball and stretch the feild as much as they should being a man up (infact they couldnt due to the pressure as well), and with the game going the way it was I truly expected us to level at some point, that is until Thanasis Kostoulas pulled the dagger, and finished us all. He deserved the 2nd yellow, you won't catch me bitching, but within his optical vision, he must have seen Shurrer behind him, surely ! So why he makes such a stupid tackle at the center line is beyond me, ESPECIALLY knowing this particular ref and what he had whistled/carded for the whole match till that point.

This isnt exactly the 300 spartans holding off a pass you know, at the half gounes knew what to do, Newvcastle came out played the ball , stretched the park, and it was painfully obvious what was to come after the 90th minute.

Newcastle proved to be a very solid team, as expected of course. I wont go and fantasize as to what would have happened if it was 11vs11, the teams looked evenly matched and it's a shame it had to come like this. It would have been a great one two leg.

Oh well, best of luck for our return leg, winning in England is hard as is, having to score all those away goals just makes it that much more distant, but you just never know.

Also, to our fans that NEVER stopped singing at ANY point of the game and that gave so much passion to the team especially after Georgatos got red carded it was spectacular watching/hearing them, this ones on you paides :BEER: You were AMAZING !

And to our team, battered from the beginning who kept at it untill the end, and showed that even with one and even two men down, what kind of club we have ! Athanate Djole ! :nw:

THRYLE GIA PARTI SOU, THRYLE MAZEI SOU, EMEIS OI ARRWSTOI, OI OPADOI SOU !

Guest Protathlitis

Bajevic said that he told the players at half-time to conserve the energy by trying to go forward for the aek game and that they didnt listen

they got a standing ovation after 3-1 loss at home. no other home game is going to invlove us conceding 3 goals so after a loss like that it was good to see that kind of reaction from the fans

pao123, yes Bajevic has coached 3 different clubs; what is your point??

The BATRAXOS is a proven winner for OSFP in europe and Greece, buying players and developing some into the best we've had for years

dont worry; melazani will send your club to s%$#! like the rest of them and leave you shitty club in it even further

somebody said that the ref went against the toon :LOL: you've got to be kidding me

Yaniotis1,

Olympiakos are way above "the Greek league mentality", and a side that can do damage in Europe with the players that we have once Kokkalis realizes that Bayevic's dismissal from Thrylos is long overdue. We can win the league with our eyes closed, but like many other Olympiakos fans in here I am waiting for the day we can lift a European trophy. Its Kokkalis' call and I think some moves should be made to keep Thrylos fans sain, because I am getting impatient year after year as we continue to bow out of Europe. Its ridiculous. Nobody is saying the game was fixed, but just saying that Ibaniez is better off reffing some little league games instead of UEFA Cup games. 

Yeh - keep waiting....and pigs just mite fly

Olympiakos a side that can do damage in Europe...youve got to be kidding me

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

look it was an obvious fact the ref took can control of the game

and decided the out come early on

but do remember a ref decision caused Olympiakos an exit in c.l.

i am refering to the monaco 2-2 tie that should have been

and at this point we can complain b/c i have had other ppl who are not supporters or Greek say how bad of a ref that game had

dont worry; melazani will send your club to s%$#! like the rest of them and leave you shitty club in it even further

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

LOOOOOOOOOL ROOOOOOOOOOFLLL

every team goes through krisi, and u gota take good with the bad :)

i watched the game, if anything ur players who got sent off were at fault, they let the team down badddddddd, so stop makin up crap by saying it was the ref who changed the games coz it wasnt it was ur players who did it for them selves!! (jst like pao against seville) :tdown:

by the way i dnt think ur coach is to blame for ur loss... :nono:

the team we had this year and still do is still good

think they played 45 minutes with9 men and only allowed 1 goal.

as to the greens who in 15 allowed 2 when Gonzo got kicked out

but in all I think iits a combination of both the refs and Girgatos/ kostoulas getting sent off

even some english media are saying the refs were 1 sided noit only the greek press (which does not include Protathlito so please stop quoting what these guys write as serious comments. we might as well believe what the national enquirewr writes)

Im still holding out for a small miracle (after all if the national team can do it.. Y not us)

if we played 11 on 11 we would have won but like roboert said... sending off of players is part of the game..

Guest Protathlitis

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

LOOOOOOOOOL ROOOOOOOOOOFLLL

every team goes through krisi, and u gota take good with the bad :)

this guy puts a lot of those laughing things for no reason :whistle:

you gays have been going down hill for a long time because of your managment. some of you see this and are calling for v's and co's heads......but obviously most of you low-minded people see no problem and so its going to get worse

since I like seeing pao do badly; I wish there was more people like you :tup: just look at the rubbish you have played in Greece and in europe this season

Hi guys, not here to gloat although I'm obviously very happy with the result. The referee was a joke. The first penalty, having rewatched it several times was indeed a penalty and a sending off - as Dyer was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. Georgatos pushed him in the air, forcing him to the ground. As the last man he had to go. That's what the rule books state.

The second penalty was harsh IMO. Again I've watched it many times and both players were tugging each other so it was only obvious both were going to fall which they did. They both fouled each other so who was in the wrong?

I think the ref gave it to even things up a little.

I have exactly your opinion as well.

1. Georgatos committed a foul within the Penalty box aera = Penalty

....Georgatos fouled the player when the goal was empty and he was ready to head in = Red Card

(Would the Goalkeeper be in his cage, then Yellow Card)

These are the rules.......... Finito and Basta...

But where is the Problem ?

The Problem is that Olymiakos and Panathinaikos are spoiled in Greece by the Referees....

Similar decisions go always in favor of Olympiakos and Panathinaikos....in Greece

This has less to do with the Referees than with the Greek Mentality...and the long standing poverty of the past.

Because then and now (less now)... nobody wanted to mess up with a rich and powerful person as his existence could be ruined...and the dors closed in the future.

So coming back to Olympiakos and Panthinaikos.....

It's like they are working in Dad's factory or enterprise.... so one day, sooner or later...they will have a leading position in that Organisation......

Greek teams and Europe !

The Club Presidents, the main actors in the Greek Football..., they don't really want an European Success.

What they want is to participate in next years Champions League.... that's really want they want... in order to ensure 4 - 6 million Euros...

And therefore the Greek Championship is manipulated.... in order that Olympiakos and Panathinaikos can participate....I repeat paricipate (not more) in the Champions League...

If the leaders of the clubs (mostly ruled by archaic order and feudal organisation) would really want European Success ...and that is to be the winner of one European Competition...... then they would establish a Darwinistic Social Order....

Darwinistic Social Order = Equal Chances = And the best is the winner....not because of Protection but due to his performance......

What is needed ?.... It is needed Referees that treat all the teams equal..and apply the rules independently which teams are playing...... Athletic Judges, which treat all the players equal....independently to which team this player plays for....

The above would arise competition. Honest Competition makes stronger.

Protection makes weak.

Georgatos had a right to go for the ball. Dyer got his header off and missed. Both players were going for the ball, of course there was contact.

The thing is: a match (and a European tie) should be decided by the players on the field. Ibanez took that away from the players and decided the match and the tie for himself, compounding his early error with a second sending off before the 40 minute mark.

Referees should exercise caution. When in doubt, give the less radical call or no call at all.

Incidentally, once Ibanez made the Olympiakos penalty call, should he not also have sent off the mag defender?

For panathinaikos or olympiakos to win a european title ,,,a crazy budget is required to be able, to win it. And this would mean paying mega big bucks to bring international experienced players that have have been given great exposure in international competition. Galatasarays model, that won the uefa cup a couple yrs ago, is a classic example. Its all fine and dandy and good on them for winning it, nurturing local stars, with romanian classy players and brazilians. But the yr after they won it they went bust, They spent like 30 million euros in jardel, and now galatasaray is 150 million euros in debt. Its sad to say for any if the greek teams to get that far, a big budget is required, as well as nurturing the local talents. Experienced continental coach who would demand a big budget, to bring some international stars to the team, this would cost crazy dough..On the other hand porto, won some creditable titles of late, but then again, after they won the champions league it was evident their major stars could not be kept It would be impossible to sustain.

For panathinaikos or olympiakos to win a european title ,,,a crazy budget is required to be able, to win it. And this would mean paying mega big bucks to bring international experienced players that have have been given great exposure in international competition. Galatasarays model, that won the uefa cup a couple yrs ago, is a classic example. Its all fine and dandy and good on them for winning it, nurturing local stars, with romanian classy players and brazilians. But the yr after they won it they went bust, They spent like 30 million euros in jardel, and now galatasaray is 150 million euros in debt. Its sad to say for any if the greek teams to get that far, a big budget is required, as well as nurturing the local talents. Experienced continental coach who would demand a big budget, to bring some international stars to the team, this would cost crazy dough..On the other hand porto, won some creditable titles of late, but then again, after they won the champions league it was evident their major stars could not be kept It would be impossible to sustain.

we dont agree on many things but I have to admit youre right here

we need big superstars that are world known not bunch of nobodies.

and also we need to stop barking at each other over our teams and unite and do something for the good of greek football!!

Guest Protathlitis

yes i agree with u,,,for the good of greek football, this must happen,,,the bickering must stop,,,between the big clubs for greek football, to realise its true potential.

hahaha coming from this guy who does nothing but think about his hate/ love for THRYLOS all day

theres nothing wrong with derby atmospheres and rivalry as long as there is no violence. Obviously things need to be cleaned up in our league but the rivalry must stay.........so F@#* pao and their supporters

Slick13,

Humiliated by who re xameno plasma. Humiliated like PAO when they choked against Sevilla or when they choked today against Hpaklhs? We might go down in UEFA, but we are not going to get embarrased. I don't know if you read some of the Greek papers, or even the English ones, but both clearly revealed that the first twenty minutes Newcastle looked like the worst team in Europe. I believe Georgatos commented on this in the post-game interview, as well. Newcastle were given this match by Ibaniez, bottom line. I think we'll pull off a win at St. James Park, but not a 3-0 like we need. But you never know? We are the best team in Greece, and what 14th best in Europe. Not bad, don't you think Mr. Slick?. <_<

Thryle Thee Mou Olympiake Mou!!

Archived