Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Newcastle

Montreal_Thrillos

'42 OSFP Okkas

'89 OSFP Rivaldo

W-Nikopolidis

L- Given

Newcastle has too much talent to get blanked in Greece. I'll give OSFP a 2-1 victory in Greece...but I can't see Oly getting a result at Newcastle, especially after the Liverpool debacle. I much as I'd like to see Oly advance (for the sake of Greek soccer) Newcatle will dominate at home. 3-0 Newcastle away. Newscatle 4-2 on aggregate.

Don't get me wrong, I want OSFP to advance, it's just that OSFP has been pretty incostent as of late. Beating Schoux away and losing to a Cup game to a 2nd-divison team (along with losing to Egrolitis, a Ethiniki A doormat this year) gives me a challenge predicting which Oly team will show up. Newcastle also have some good talent. Shay Given is a solid goalie. Nicky Butt can raise hell in the midfield (though Soltidis has been on-fire as of late so that may be a mute point). And Newcastle can score through Allan Sherer. They also have an in-form Craig Bellamy and Patrick Kluivert :blink: :unsure:. This will no doubt be a tough test for our aging defense + goalie. I do see problems w/ Liverpools defense and midfield though. Though OSFP's midfield has been real good as of late and even Okkas is finding the net lately. The game will also be 12 v. 11 with the Karisakis being the "12th man." If Oly win by 2 goals in Greece (perfectly possible, we'll need that cushion for the away leg) and get an advantage in away goals (that means shutting them out here and scoring in England) we have good odds at advancing. Good luck OSFP :gr: :D .

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that is a thing that I have seen many times

You keep a player of f the pitch while he is well, and you will end up playing him injured.

I strongly recommend leaving the predictions LOL

Like many football fans I have superstitions

(Only about football)

I think it is jinxing to predict your team wins

Better tell everybody that Newcastle will win.. (I hope they don’t, but as my former poster said, Oly is not very consistent lately, unfortunately)

BTW , all the tickets to the match were sold out in 2 hours, it will be nice to see a full stadium again

Will it be possible to see the match on line??

Rivaldo and Kluivert were good friends in Barcelona and assisted each other to many goals, it will be interesting to see them against each other

I hope that Patrick will have one of his “missing days” and Okkas on the other hand will have one of his “not missing” days

Guest Protathlitis

Don't get me wrong, I want OSFP to advance, it's just that OSFP has been pretty incostent as of late. Beating Schoux away and losing to a Cup game to a 2nd-divison team (along with losing to Egrolitis, a Ethiniki A doormat this year) gives me a challenge predicting which Oly team will show up. Newcastle also have some good talent. Shay Given is a solid goalie. Nicky Butt can raise hell in the midfield (though Soltidis has been on-fire as of late so that may be a mute point). And Newcastle can score through Allan Sherer. They also have an in-form Craig Bellamy and Patrick Kluivert :blink: :unsure:. This will no doubt be a tough test for our aging defense + goalie. I do see problems w/ Liverpools defense and midfield though. Though OSFP's midfield has been real good as of late and even Okkas is finding the net lately. The game will also be 12 v. 11 with the Karisakis being the "12th man." If Oly win by 2 goals in Greece (perfectly possible, we'll need that cushion for the away leg) and get an advantage in away goals (that means shutting them out here and scoring in England) we have good odds at advancing. Good luck OSFP :gr: :D .

well, first of all Im not concerned about cup game considering I didnt know the names of most of the players playing and that if the ball went out of play you had to put your snow boots on

second, I think bellamy plays for celtic now :la: plus hes not in form or any good anyway :P

thirdly, I dont doubt our defence's ability to shut down this team like its shut down better teams this year. Im more concerned with our attack not scoring enough at home and then our midfield not keeping the ball in england

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blow for Liverpool

Liverpool remain eight points adrift of fourth-placed local rivals Everton FC after losing 1-0 at Newcastle United FC following a 70th-minute Laurent Robert strike.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWCASTLE LOOKING GOOD :(

Olympiakos 3

Newcastle 0

(Djordevic, Okkas, Stoltidis)

And a clear passage to the final eight of Uefa Cup

is but a foregone conclusion.

Thryle Thyra 7 forever!! B)

this is not like playing championship manager!

3-0 from who? relax man and stop smoking joints!

it puts youre mind to sleep :D

A re kotes you guys must be smoking a bit of the wacko tobacco 3 - nil to gays.

Newcastle are buying sun tan lotion because the view in their papers are that they are going on holidays to Greece.

Today you couldn't even beat a pethameni omada like Paok. You needed the ref to award you a penalty to get the result.

Go buy yourselfs a jar of vasoline because you will need it on the night.......

To palouki sas perimenei stin leoforo koufales........................

I have just read the BBC report

I just can’t stand the high stuck Englishmen, looking down on us Mediterranean, while their food is not adible and I have seen more mediterranean restorants in London that domestic ones. As to being sober, I have not seen many English tourists, let alone football fans in a sober state

If they think they are going to catch suntan in Greece (Does Kluivert need one??) it is only good for us, let them underestimate Oly

Unfortunately I think they do not underestimate us and it will be a tough match. They have artillery, and we have Okkas (with all due respect)

Who is suspended?? And who is that Robert who scored lately?

I always write histeric reactions like that , but to tell you a secret , deep inside I always hope that it is just me and that we will win and go ahead

:P :nw:

A re kotes you guys must be smoking a bit of the wacko tobacco 3 - nil to gays.

Newcastle are buying sun tan lotion because the view in their papers are that they are going on holidays to Greece.

Today you couldn't even beat a pethameni omada like Paok. You needed the ref to award you a penalty to get the result.

Go buy yourselfs a jar of vasoline because you will need it on the night.......

just a real basic question here im sure even u can understand>?

Who is PAO playing again on march 10th?

lets see no uefa..Cup.. no cup.... hmmm

let me get back to you on that one!

as far as the holidays... dont worry.. u guys. liverpool sochaux. depor. monaco..

holidays all right. we won and they lost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the comment for leoforos;;; bring it on my friend and when we walk out of there with the win.... looks like u will need the vaseline!

Guest Protathlitis

A re kotes you guys must be smoking a bit of the wacko tobacco

ah re vazelokotes, newcastle isnt a better team than monaco or liverpool and be sure that if we dont win easily at Karaiskaki we wont be satisfied

you gay chickens however are rubbish and would get crushed by newcastle if you were still in uefa.......your gay club is pathetic.......make sure you give your post game comments after the game regardless of whether you like the result or not ;)

ax re vazelokotes :nw: we're gonna save some of our energy to f*#@ you chickens up at leoforoscum like we always do ;)

cool cool cool kool. I like et

We need to win this game guys. Also I will help search to see if this game is online so we can all see it. but if i find it i will ask for your e-mail adresses so olny phantis members may know.

1-0 oly okkas

dont forget to let us all know if u know if v can watch the game on the net.

iam really desperate to watch the game:)

you gay chickens however are rubbish and would get crushed by newcastle if you were still in uefa.......your gay club is pathetic.......

What is the name of that drug you are taking again? :D

Yes, certainly. I mean our European record in the last 30 years is FAR FAR FAR WORSE than yours, right? I tell you what? we have a quick look at PAO and Oly's performances in Europe over the last 2 decades and who ever is worse will deserve the accolades 'chicken' 'rubbish' and 'crushed' ;)

Do you agree? :LOL:

What is the name of that drug you are taking again? :D

Yes, certainly. I mean our European record in the last 30 years is FAR FAR FAR WORSE than yours, right? I tell you what? we have a quick look at PAO and Oly's performances in Europe over the last 2 decades and who ever is worse will deserve the accolades 'chicken' 'rubbish' and 'crushed' ;)

Do you agree? :LOL:

wake up buddy..

wheres your europenan record right now?

amazing when u know u got yor asses kicked in europe and came home empty handed u guys have to compare our record to ours

But hey I guess we proved your theory u tell us all the time

when u have the refs push you to the double like they did last year,, its not the same as in europe!

y do u guys call us chickens?

were we afraid in leoforos last year ? (nope.. unlike u guys still crying to this day about the 3-0 reziliki of 2003)

-were we afraid at panionios with 2500 of our fans vs 10000 ? nope

-were we afraid vs ergoteli's fans? Nope.

whatever the situation bring it on baby. !

Archived