Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Newcastle

Montreal_Thrillos

the katsikkas??? how the hell do you fans actualy have faith in that peice of crap!??? hes scored THREE goals in the A ethniki this year. he starts every game. hes on the first plac e team (at the moment) Macei Bikovski has 4 and has barely played....okkas SUCKS

as for beating newcastle 3-0

you cant beat sochaux 3-0 in kokkaliskaki what makes you think newcastle are easier!? Newcastle will be the toughest team to come to karaiskaki this year. depor are crap, liverpool cant play away, and monaco isnt that great. (yes tell me they were finalist last year- they scored 27 goals. 2 of those goals came from players still on the team- they arent remotely close to last year they just have the same jersey and coach)

I THINK YOU ARE "OUT OF TOUCH".

IF YOU ARE SAYING THAT OUR CYPRIOT IS A PIECE OF CRAP, WHAT ABOUT YOURS? YEAAH, YEAH, THE ONE YOU ARE STILL PAYING FOR AFTER SO MANY YEARS.

THE BIGGEST "PALTO" GREEK FOOTBALL CAN PRODUCE. GIVE US A BREAK.

LOOK AT YOUR PLAYERS FIRST AND THEN YOU CAN CRITICIZE OTHERS.

SHORT MEMORY YOU GUYS MUST HAVE..

AS FOR MONAKO & LIVERPOOL..I THINK OTHERS ANSWERED THAT FOR ME.

YOUR TURN IS COMING...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I recall didnt he pro long his team in the Cup with a goal and he scored against the french as well in Uefa... He scored two big goals.. Did you forget about that....

out of every 20 something games scoring..........wow impressive. you may as tell me Cobi Jones is worthwhile with his 15 goals in 115 matches as a forward. Bidis who cares if hes from Cyprus he is a curse to your "nation" the point is he CANT SCORE. I remember if you had 20 other forwards vs France Cyprus would have scored a goal but that goat couldnt do it to save his life or his island......Im all for Cypriot football but i think Okkas is a disgrace and you shouldnt support him just because he is cypriot. He sucks and there is much better talent upcoming in cyprus im am positive. I dont talk him down because he is a thrinos but because he sucks.

Personally I am happy OSFP keeps wasting there time on him because now PAO have a great chance of winning the title at the expense of his shittiness.

game is still a couple of weeks away

but it will be key to see the way Newcastle plays

when they come to Karaiskaki on March 10th it will be their second visit to Athens b/c they played Panionios in Nea Syrmni and beat them in a close game 1-0

but Olympiakos isn't Panionios

i do believe we need to perform well in the league if we are to beat Newcastle

Okkas will be important b/c of his speed and play making abilities

English teams are fast and physical

we got the physical nature but the speed may be lacking but Okkas does give Olympiakos speed thats for sure

i don't know if anybody remembers the game v Liverpool at Karaiskaki

he caused havoc and created opportunities

off course if he has a chance he needs to bury it

missed chances will hurt us

but if we score a goal early in the game that will lift the clubs spirit with the raucuous crowd going nuts and drive the English out of Karaiskaki

we can't just win 1-0

lets make a statement and knock them out of this tournament in the first leg

out of every 20 something games scoring..........wow impressive. you may as tell me Cobi Jones is worthwhile with his 15 goals in 115 matches as a forward. Bidis who cares if hes from Cyprus he is a curse to your "nation" the point is he CANT SCORE. I remember if you had 20 other forwards vs France Cyprus would have scored a goal but that goat couldnt do it to save his life or his island......Im all for Cypriot football but i think Okkas is a disgrace and you shouldnt support him just because he is cypriot. He sucks and there is much better talent upcoming in cyprus im am positive. I dont talk him down because he is a thrinos but because he sucks.

Personally I am happy OSFP keeps wasting there time on him because now PAO have a great chance of winning the title at the expense of his shittiness.

I have been following Okkas since he was with Nea Salamina and Anorthosis even in Cyprus he never was an all out goal scorer... I think personally he is playing out of position...I dont care anyways I will cheer for the Reds because they are the only team left in Europe....As for the protathlima it is a different story.......

You guys keep bringing the Cyprus thing up get over its old news..........When Okkas scores at Newcastle from Rivaldo's assist everyone will be cheering like the school girl they are....

I am more worried about the leg breaker Bowyer

I still remember him from Leeds, what a brute on the pitch

Let us hope that he will not be allowed to do his tricks (Heavens forbid he hurt some key player)

Today they beat Bolton 2:1 and the bad man Bowyer scored :(

osfp-newcastle 1:4 on agg.

what the hell are u smoking ??

lets all remember Newcastle isn't that great

there not even close to Liverpool

Liverpool at least went to the final of the FA cup

Newcastle will be a difficult team at hand but don't make them out as the Chealsea or Manchester United of the world

I'm pullin out my prediction.

'42 OSFP Okkas

'89 OSFP Rivaldo

W-Nikopolidis

L- Given

Newcastle comes in scared ansd early on Olympiakos pressures Given but can't create chances.But a nice corner from Rivaldo finds Okkas who directs it to the top if the net past Given. 1-0 at the half. Newcastle are more ready this time Shearer from the top of the box fires a shot that a diving Nikopolidis touches away for a corner.The corner is caught by Nikopolidis but not much later, Butt has some space and tries to find Dyer who heads it too high, easy catch Nikopolidis. After more good defense and goalkeeping, we get a fast break, and Rivaldo is taken down by Carr. Ensuing penalty, Rivaldo sends Given the wrong way, and 2-0 is our final score.

'42 OSFP Okkas

'89 OSFP Rivaldo

W-Nikopolidis

L- Given

Newcastle has too much talent to get blanked in Greece. I'll give OSFP a 2-1 victory in Greece...but I can't see Oly getting a result at Newcastle, especially after the Liverpool debacle. I much as I'd like to see Oly advance (for the sake of Greek soccer) Newcatle will dominate at home. 3-0 Newcastle away. Newscatle 4-2 on aggregate.

Are you sure? I saw them play Arsenal, a team with a mediocre defense, and poor goalkeepers, and they couldn't get anything going. They were chasing Arsenal all game even with those weaknesses displayed by Arsenal.Given was their single bright spot in that match and had no chance at Bergkamp's goal. My point is that, newcastle are easy to blank, especially with Nikopolidis.

Are you sure? I saw them play Arsenal, a team with a mediocre defense, and poor goalkeepers, and they couldn't get anything going. They were chasing Arsenal all game even with those weaknesses displayed by Arsenal.Given was their single bright spot in that match and had no chance at Bergkamp's goal. My point is that, newcastle are easy to blank, especially with Nikopolidis.

apart from chelsea, the premiership has been very unpredictable this season...lots of ups and downs and highs and lows..

'42 OSFP Okkas

'89 OSFP Rivaldo

W-Nikopolidis

L- Given

Newcastle has too much talent to get blanked in Greece. I'll give OSFP a 2-1 victory in Greece...but I can't see Oly getting a result at Newcastle, especially after the Liverpool debacle. I much as I'd like to see Oly advance (for the sake of Greek soccer) Newcatle will dominate at home. 3-0 Newcastle away. Newscatle 4-2 on aggregate.

Making it sound like Olympiakos is a low team like Norwich City and making Newcastle out to be say Real Madrid

Olympiakos appears to be a chump team

While Newcastle is all mighty

do remember their is a reason why Newcastle is in 12th place in the Primiership

and don't confuse them with Liverpool b/c Liverpool is a better team plain and simple

back to the game Olympiakos needs to make a statement and beat Newcastle good in Karaiskaki

'42 OSFP Okkas

'89 OSFP Rivaldo

W-Nikopolidis

L- Given

Making it sound like Olympiakos is a low team like Norwich City and making Newcastle out to be say Real Madrid

Olympiakos appears to be a chump team

While Newcastle is all mighty

do remember their is a reason why Newcastle is in 12th place in the Primiership

and don't confuse them with Liverpool b/c Liverpool is a better team plain and simple

back to the game Olympiakos needs to make a statement and beat Newcastle good in Karaiskaki

reason why NUFC is in 12th was cos of the coaching hassles they had with Sir Bobby

Im not too convinced with this years NUFC team but i reckon if Oly dont win win at least 2 - 0 in Greece their goose is cooked

from wut i have read from Newcastle websites

they really fear their visit to Athens and do know about how our fans are very hostile lol

my feeling is they will just drop back and counter attack

that is why Olympiakos needs to score on their chances b/c Newcastle will be dropped back

they will come out but only if their down

but Newcastle isn't that great defensively and well we can score on them so lets beat them good

this is from newcastles website

theyre scared of our fans and stadium

http://www.nufc.com/

Scared of the fans and stadium?

"We will face a hostile sold-out crowd of 33,000 in Piraeus on March 10th, the locals having a bit of a reputation (apart from their away adventures) for fervent support and offering visitors a warm welcome"

(courtesy of www.nufc.com)

The only charged word in that whole sentence which relates to what you just said is hostile. And at the end it states that the fans are very supportive of their team offer visitors a "warm welcome".

So where in all of that did you read that they're (Newcastle) afraid of the stadium or crowd?

The latest world club ranking was released yesterday...

Since last time Olympiakos has done very well - it moved up 27 places and is currently tied in 31st place with Bundesliga leaders FC Bayern Muenchen.

But if you look at the top of the table you'll notice something weird...

Newcastle United are enjoying their worst Premirership season in 5-6 years (12th place: 8 wins in 27 games) but they are currently THE THIRD BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD :o - they moved up 7 places - I don't see any reason, probalby the 1-0 FA Cup "demolition" of Chelsea (only 10th in the Ranking).

You should be proud that such a club is visiting Greece & remember it's no shame to lose against one of the world's TOP 3 clubs :LOL: :LOL: .

This ranking is very funny - FIFA nations ranking looks pretty realistic (?!) compared to this one: Man Utd is 1st & Barcelona is tied with Benfica in 23th place.

Also it looks like Greek and Peruvian football have lots in common - Panathinaikos is in 40th place, tied with Peruvian "Giants" Cienciano from the historic city of Cusco (they did win the Copa Sudamericana but that was almost 1.5 years ago) & AEK is down in the 114th place, tied with Hearts Of Oak (Ghana) & another "Big Club" from Peru - Alianza Atletico Sullana (not the famous Alianza Lima - 58th)

Maybe these football historians & statisticians know something that we don't or they are they just joking - according to this "ranking" Greece's EURO 2004 triumph is probably nothing compared to posibillity of Newcastle's loss in Pireas :1eye: .

Fans, Coach & the players should all see this "Ranking" for a bit of laugh but also for extra motivation :box: - the opponent is not 12th in England but 3rd in THE WORLD :LOL:

Source:

IFFHS Club World Ranking

what the hell are u smoking ??

lets all remember Newcastle isn't that great

there not even close to Liverpool

Liverpool at least went to the final of the FA cup

Newcastle will be a difficult team at hand but don't make them out as the Chealsea or Manchester United of the world

league cup

and another thing is that newcastle beat sochaux 4-0 on the road :o :o

they play a deadly counter attack type of football on the road :D :D

Archived